Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Need Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Advice (2607 Views)

Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Please lets not derail this thread any more. Poster needs advice which he should get and not be sidelined by our ideologies.

Regards
Re: Need Advice by gillz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Tnx bennyrazz, I said for d washing machine to last dey shld avoid washing jeans wit it and wen d machine started having fault I discovered dey were washing jeans wit it wen I asked her she said she can't stop dem since I'm not d producer. They wil use my laptop to watch movie(her n d sisters) frm morning to night witout evening seeking my permission wen I called. Her. Privately n tried to stop dem she said its nt possible for her to tell her sisters nt to use d laptop.so many odas
Re: Need Advice by Tallesty1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

While I know There are radicals to every ideology Feminism started out because women were not regarded, they couldnt vote or be voted for, didnt have equal wage or favorable laws just like it was with the black race.

I hate titles, I once deleted someone for insisting I was a feminist lol.

All I try to tell people is respect and love yourself and treat other people well, thats how I live too.
I can only advice when they ask, I cant impose my veiws on others.
You and baby2 babe2(not sure abt the monicker) kinda reason alike. You guys are not feminists, what you want is love, respect, good life and equal rights. Feminists don't want that. They love to see men suffer.
Re: Need Advice by Godmystrength: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
gillz: Do I hav to dialogue with my wife on what food I hav to eat and hw I want it prepared, do I hav to dialogue wit how on when and hw her sisters shld put my 2 yre boy to sleep? Or do I hav to dialogue wit her on cleanliness and orderliness in d house?
I am not sure but i don't think there should be a dialogue about the things you mentioned up here. What i don't understand is that,
1. Is it that your wife doesn't know how to cook that you now have to give instructions on what food you want to eat and how you want it prepared? are you guys just married? Is it like you ask for beans and stew and she gives you jollof beans or maybe you want fried eggs and she gives you boiled eggs?
2. I expect that she should know how to take proper care of your boy as regards putting him to sleep with or without your instruction. Is it that she is lacking in that aspect that you now have to be the one to give instructions about that?
3. As per the cleanliness and orderliness, i don't know about dialogue in that one o.

gillz: Tnx bennyrazz, I said for d washing machine to last dey shld avoid washing jeans wit it and wen d machine started having fault I discovered dey were washing jeans wit it wen I asked her she said she can't stop dem since I'm not d producer. They wil use my laptop to watch movie(her n d sisters) frm morning to night witout evening seeking my permission wen I called. Her. Privately n tried to stop dem she said its nt possible for her to tell her sisters nt to use d laptop.so many odas
As per the washing machine, i don't think you have done any wrong afterall wifey should know that if machine spoils, everybody will be affected, her especially.
On the laptop issue, is it that you are having a problem with them watching film on it from morning to night, or because they do so without your permission. As for me, no big deal in using a laptop but the problem here is that since you have told your wife that you don't like it, then maybe she should respect that.
OR is it that she is afraid of her sisters?

What you can do? Call her and talk to her. Ask her why she has changed since you said she wasn't like that before?
Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
gillz: Tnx bennyrazz, I said for d washing machine to last dey shld avoid washing jeans wit it and wen d machine started having fault I discovered dey were washing jeans wit it wen I asked her she said she can't stop dem since I'm not d producer. They wil use my laptop to watch movie(her n d sisters) frm morning to night witout evening seeking my permission wen I called. Her. Privately n tried to stop dem she said its nt possible for her to tell her sisters nt to use d laptop.so many odas

Okay this is not right. Put your feet down, its your house if they cant respect your rules they should LEAVE.

Also dont feel less of a man because you are under financial strain, its your house, DONT LET ANYONE DISRESPECT YOU
Re: Need Advice by cococandy(f): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
How old are her sisters?
Do they live permanently with you guys?
Are they in agreement to babysit your son for you as maybe part of payback for your help to them(if any)

I want to understand why you give instructions to your wife's sisters on when and how to take care of your son.

gillz: Do I hav to dialogue with my wife on what food I hav to eat and hw I want it prepared, do I hav to dialogue wit how on when and hw her sisters shld put my 2 yre boy to sleep? Or do I hav to dialogue wit her on cleanliness and orderliness in d house?
Re: Need Advice by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
If the sisters won't listen just put a password on your laptop jare.
Which kind robish be that?
Re: Need Advice by Godmystrength: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: If the sisters won't listen just put a password on your laptop jare.
Which kind robish be that?
The wife uses the laptop too now
Re: Need Advice by cococandy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
That's called putting his foot down.
Then she can tell her sisters to stick to the TV.

What if he has private documents on the laptop. Why should they insist on using it?
Godmystrength: The wife uses the laptop too now

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice by pickabeau1: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
gillz

What exactly are the sisters doing ... living in the house
Re: Need Advice by Godmystrength: 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1: gillz
What exactly are the sisters doing ... living in the house
I think so. And the wifey is a full time house wife.
Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Godmystrength: I think so. And the wifey is a full time house wife.

He said she works in a bank.

The poster is feeling a little self conscious as per his situation but he should realise that being a husband is beyond money.

They are very disrespectful, and the wife is silly. Everyone knows me, disrespect me no problem but carry your stupidity near my husband and see full demonstration of craze.
Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Use this rope. Very expensive. Tie it around her neck. It will surely keep her in line smiley
Thank me later.

Don't mind the rough edges. It has been used a lot of time by diff people and they attested it was successful.
What am I even saying.

Hungar don come. , make I go chop sad

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by bennyrazz: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
@gillz i thank God that NLnders are trying to figure out how you can solve your problem challenges. Pickabeau1, Aisha2, cococandy and a host of others are really great counselors. When family members start living with couples especially young couple, there is always a problem. You dated for 11years whooaa. The thing is, you have to send her sisters packing. That is the root of your challenges. As far as I am concerned, nothing is wrong with your wife. Seriously when you were sponsoring her to school, did her mum oppose? now her mum was opposed to your marriage up till the very last minute which shows you how people can be very selfish. Nothing is wrong with your wife but her sisters. Send them parking fast fast

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice by bennyrazz: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Godmystrength: I think so. And the wifey is a full time house wife.
he said wife works in a bank
Re: Need Advice by Godmystrength: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:
He said she works in a bank.
bennyrazz: he said wife works in a bank
Okay. I didn't see that. But how can she work in the bank and still be able to watch movies from morning till night? Maybe on weekends sha. No problem.

I think the sisters have no regards for their sister's husband and that is where the major problem is. Why are the sisters living in their house in the first place when they have their own parents.

I am the first child in my house and i have SISTERS yet they don't live with me. They only come to visit ONCE in a WHILE. They have only visited me once this year and it was during my baby's birthday. No sleeping over because i know my hubby and i know my sisters and i know myself. I don't have time for husband/sisters wahala that will now end in stuffs like choose between me or your sisters etc.

Let the sisters go back to their parent's house.

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice by cococandy(f): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
shocked
I'm still a learner.

Thanks tho
bennyrazz: @gillz i thank God that NLnders are trying to figure out how you can solve your problem challenges. Pickabeau1, Aisha2, cococandy and a host of others are really great counselors. When family members start living with couples especially young couple, there is always a problem. You dated for 11years whooaa. The thing is, you have to send her sisters packing. That is the root of your challenges. As far as I am concerned, nothing is wrong with your wife. Seriously when you were sponsoring her to school, did her mum oppose? now her mum was opposed to your marriage up till the very last minute which shows you how people can be very selfish. Nothing is wrong with your wife but her sisters. Send them parking fast fast

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by gillz(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

calm down and dont react to all the posts you see
Be calm and answer as you have

Is this the kind of issues you have been having with her

Because i see here issues with meals, child care and cleanliness

Is that it
. It goes beYond dat, she discusses issues wit her sister even b4 she does wit me. And wen me opinion is different frm their she'd want me to tiltt towards what she already agreed wit dem. Sometimes I wil discuss sometin wit her in private only for me to hear her sistyers discussing same issue on phone wit friends.my wife is nt wasteful bt d sisters are, dey cld boil water for bathing for one hour while watching movie or gisting. My wife seems to b scared oif offending dem by scolding dem, she'd rather offend me. Sometimes she wil abandon our bedrm for theirs until I sleep off and even sometimes sleep in their room
Re: Need Advice by pickabeau1: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
gillz: . It goes beYond dat, she discusses issues wit her sister even b4 she does wit me. And wen me opinion is different frm their she'd want me to tiltt towards what she already agreed wit dem. Sometimes I wil discuss sometin wit her in private only for me to hear her sistyers discussing same issue on phone wit friends.my wife is nt wasteful bt d sisters are, dey cld boil water for bathing for one hour while watching movie or gisting. My wife seems to b scared oif offending dem by scolding dem, she'd rather offend me. Sometimes she wil abandon our bedrm for theirs until I sleep off and even sometimes sleep in their room

if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
gillz: . It goes beYond dat, she discusses issues wit her sister even b4 she does wit me. And wen me opinion is different frm their she'd want me to tiltt towards what she already agreed wit dem. Sometimes I wil discuss sometin wit her in private only for me to hear her sistyers discussing same issue on phone wit friends.my wife is nt wasteful bt d sisters are, dey cld boil water for bathing for one hour while watching movie or gisting. My wife seems to b scared oif offending dem by scolding dem, she'd rather offend me. Sometimes she wil abandon our bedrm for theirs until I sleep off and even sometimes sleep in their room

And you cant ask the rude things to leave your house WHY??
Re: Need Advice by gillz(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Tnx all for ur advice,I'm most grateful to u aisha, bennyrazz, pickbeau,coco may God bless u richly. Pls pray for us to get back to being d best husband n wife

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice by gillz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
N[quote author=pickabeau1]gillz

What exactly are the sisters doing ... living in the house[/quote Nothing jst graduated from school
Re: Need Advice by beeevan: 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
You don't instruct your wife, you dialogue. There is something about rules and instructions that makes breaking them irresistible.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by beeevan: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2014

Your wife has no regards for you , nah this laptop palaver go make me push all of them comot for my house, what nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice by beeevan: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just send these sisters the hell away, if dialogue doesn't work, call the gate man to bundle them out, your wife can join them if she wishes. This woman has no regards, i can't even imagine my husband's brothers using my laptop without my permission.

No time for nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by MizMyColi(f): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
shocked shocked I seem to be encountering mostly FJ's lately [Feelers and Judgers]

Hi Gillz ......Please read through to see if a large percentage of the epistle below describes you, your response will determine mine.

As it stands now, we seem to have discovered the root cause. Now I'm seeking to understand you....... Corrections where deemed fit'd be welcome too smiley

So Here goes:

Deep down, you are a sensitive and emotional individual who can get hurt and disappointed very easily.

You may also worry too much about other people’s feelings and well-being. Due to your altruism and sensitivity, You are likely to struggle with decisions involving hard choices.

You may waver between different
options, unable to stop thinking about all
the possible consequences.

Your self-esteem depends on whether
you're are able to live up to your ideals and fulfill your goals, while at the same time making sure that everyone around you is happy.

If your ideas are being constantly criticized or you are unable to help people close to you, your self-confidence is likely to plummet.

Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
The major problem i see here is that you lost your respect long before you knew. For the married the respect you can command from your inlaws is only the much your partner gives. Unfortunately your wife lacks it and you like your wife are scared of your inlaws. You only notice this because your inlaws can boldly express it cos they got no money to loose unlike when you were financially ok. To solve your issue you must restore respect from your wife so that the others can follow. Give you Sils ultimatum to leave your house & firmly make up your mind to take them back to their parent's should they fail. Trust me even your wife need this push from you to draw the line. She will be shock at first but fear(respect) & be grateful later. Finally dnt give ur wife instructions(its a huge turn off for women wt self worth), dialogue instead or can you give instructions to a partner wt you on a project in your office?
Re: Need Advice by gillz(m): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:

While I know There are radicals to every ideology Feminism started out because women were not regarded, they couldnt vote or be voted for, didnt have equal wage or favorable laws just like it was with the black race.

I hate titles, I once deleted someone for insisting I was a feminist lol.

All I try to tell people is respect and love yourself and treat other people well, thats how I live too.
I can only advice when they ask, I cant impose my veiws on others.
MizMyColi: shocked shocked I seem to be encountering mostly FJ's lately [Feelers and Judgers]
Hi Gillz ......Please read through to see if a large percentage of the epistle below describes you, your response will determine mine.
As it stands now, we seem to have discovered the root cause. Now I'm seeking to understand you....... Corrections where deemed fit'd be welcome too smiley
So Here goes:
Deep down, you are a sensitive and emotional individual who can get hurt and disappointed very easily.
You may also worry too much about other people’s feelings and well-being. Due to your altruism and sensitivity, You are likely to struggle with decisions involving hard choices.
You may waver between different
options, unable to stop thinking about all
the possible consequences.

Your self-esteem depends on whether
you're are able to live up to your ideals and fulfill your goals, while at the same time making sure that everyone around you is happy.
If your ideas are being constantly criticized or you are unable to help people close to you, your self-confidence is likely to plummet.
. Everytin u said is exactly correct

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by MizMyColi(f): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2014
gillz: . Everytin u said is exactly correct
Okay, thank you for replying. Now, I need to understand your wife. Please, could you give us an insight to the kind of person your wife is, pre-challenge moments, i.e the things that you like the most about her & more important, her weaknesses. Just say it as it is smiley

1 Like

Re: Need Advice by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 01, 2014
If everything you said above is true, then YOUR WIFE IS THE PROBLEM..

Your wife is the link between you and her sisters, so why can't she caution her sisters?? She discusses things you both talked through with her sisters who inturn discuss with their friends?? WTH?? Is she scared of her sisters or something? Or she enjoys the wreck they're causing to her marriage? If you can't caution your siblings, then why bring them over? She even discusses with them first before approaching you to discuss same issue?? Who does that? It's clear it's her sisters that run your marriage.. did you also say her sisters use your laptop without your permission? YOUR WIFE HAS NO REGARDS OR RESPECT FOR YOU!!! How can she sit and watch her sisters destroy her marriage while she says nothing?The sisters may even know nothing about marriage yet riding her own marriage and if you try to send them away without your wife consenting to that, the whole family will rise against you..

You need to speak with your wife because she's obviously the person allowing your marriage go this way, Had it been she has regards for you, her sisters will have no guts to behave the way they do, they're following their sister's path and only when your wife starts respecting you will others follow suit.....call her out and hear what her problems are, ask her if she likes the way things are going in your marriage..Have a heart to heart talk...... you dated for 11years and she's learned too, so her attitude is quite a surprise to me..

Finally, you don't give instructions/command to a wife, you both plan and reach conclusions together.

Op, don't worry, everything will be fine, ok?? smiley smiley
Re: Need Advice by thorpido(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2014
You don't have the respect you ought to have in your house.How did you allow it get to this?
You need to be firm henceforth and put your sisters in their place.Unfortunately,your wife is not helping matters.

Dialogue more with your wife rather than just dishing out instructions and don't let your financial situation erode your self-confidence.
Re: Need Advice by CircleOfWilis: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ur wife is the playrr ,she is causing problems between the two of u so as to prevent u and her sister from involving ursef in stories that touches....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Things You’ll Definitely Remember About Being In Children’s Church / My Wife Money Mismanagment / Living With MiL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.