Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. (597 Views)

I Need Good Internet Access That Can Work In Ibafo / Do You Have 3g Access In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by ibl0010: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Visiting nigeria (Ibadan) in few months and would like to be able to surf the internet on the go on my galaxy wifi only tablet. Its my first time in Nigeria so just wanted to ask what is the way to access the internet in Ibadan and what do I need to buy to be able to access internet on my tablet.
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Option for wifi router .
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by ibl0010: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
gboru: Option for wifi router .

Do you mean like a home router?

Can I just buy one of them MI-FI device (unlock it ) before i leave England then buy a local internet data sim card when I get to Nigeria.
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
ibl0010:

Do you mean like a home router?

Can I just buy one of them MI-FI device (unlock it ) before i leave England then buy a local internet data sim card when I get to Nigeria.
exactly
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by ibl0010: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
gboru: exactly

Sorry to sound a bit stupid but what are you saying exactly to.

Are MTN data sim good or should i be looking at other provider.
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
ibl0010:

Sorry to sound a bit stupid but what are you saying exactly to.

Are MTN data sim good or should i be looking at other provider.
u spoke my mind, yes
Re: How To Get Internet Access In Ibadan. by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wifi availability is not as common and free in Ibadan as it is in the UK. Just get a phablet like a Note 3 or Note 4(if released before you depart), subscribe to an android bundle and possibly tether your tablet.
Internet connection in Nigeria is not also has fast as the UK, so be prepared for slow or Non existent download periods.
Nigeria is still struggling with 3G, while Boris Johnson is already talking about 5G.

(1) (Reply)

sold / . / Used Lg G2 Needed In Minna, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.