Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

This Is Right On Time.... It's Dramatic; It's Familiar; It's A Tonic. Check Out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is Right On Time.... It's Dramatic; It's Familiar; It's A Tonic. Check Out (633 Views)

"There And Back On Time" A Nairalander's Novel Out On Paperback / Youthful Tonic / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Right On Time.... It's Dramatic; It's Familiar; It's A Tonic. Check Out by godwinkalu123(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
drastic ENCOUNTERS (005)

I didn't value what I had at all.Sad enough, I only realized this when I lost it. What started gradually unattended to was what grew into the mess I got myself into. From the very first day I set my eyes on her, the anointing in me rebelled but then, she was by far one of the prettiest creations of God and was very seductive . How we got along is still strange to me being that I was supposed to be a servant of God. I had Just come back from Gaza where I earlier patronized a prostitute to keep warm the previous night . When news got to me that the enemies of my nation were at the city gate waiting to capture me the next morning, I quickly confronted them at midnight, but since I was rather in my better mood that night and didn't want to spark trouble, I only uprooted the almighty city gate with my hands and took it away. Don't scream o! You have never even heard anything.

At one time, I, in company of my family members and bestman, were on our way to attend my wedding introduction ceremony. I had dashed into a nearby vineyard to hunt for grapes when a Lion appeared from no where and targeted me. It must have celebrated in advance over its next meal. As it roared towards my direction, I felt the Spirit of God over my life. That day, I taught that Lion the lessons of its life; only that it wasn't alive to tell it at the jungle. I tore it with bare hands and went my way not telling anybody. That I killed a Lion was not just a surprise to me.

There was this strange mystery surrounding my strength such that I fought all my battles alone without any assistance and anything in my hands was a potential weapon; even the jawbone of an ass.

So, my first contact with Delilah was at the valley of Sorek. Shockingly, I immediately started developing feelings of attraction for her. In response, She said: "Samson, ever since I heard about you, I've always loved you and praying for a chance to meet you". Hmmmm! My heart melted the more. I felt like Romeo but then, I couldn't sense that that was the devil becoming flesh. We never talked about marriage yet but she told me she wouldn't mind staying with me even till overnight at most times as long as that would make me happy. That to me was an open cheque. I didn't know I was signing a contract with a hook. Unknown to me , the lords of the Philistine had enticed her to bring me down..

In one of those days, she came visiting. She was looking very stunning, appetizing and hmmmmm. I was speechless. My mouth which was opened couldn't close again. I was already falling for her unclothedness. Before long, my adrenaline was already shooting poetic lines: "COME, DELILAH COME". She rather responded, "Well, Samson honey, not so fast". She started feeding me with pet names so tenderly: "Samson Babyyyyy"? and I would answer in the love spirit , "Yeessss". She continued,"Samson Sugaaar" and I responded, "Yessss". She rolled out more and then added, "can you tell me how come you have this peculiar strength and at what point can you be bound and afflicted? Just tell me and I will be all yours for as much as you want ".

At this stage, my head was still active. I suspected her intention so I lied to her. When she later found out that I had lied, she angrily left my house. But later returned after I had persuaded her. She insisted on getting answer to her question. The closest range I could go in telling her the truth was that if she could weave the seven locks of my head with the web, I could become weak and be like any other man. Of course she did it and when the Philistines came to attack me, nothing changed, I still prevailed. But then, she kept hanging on. What amazes me is that at each point, I knew that the Philistines were after me yet, I couldn't tell Delilah, "I can see that you are set to betray me. Let's call off this trash now. Your time is up" but I kept saying, "I love you, I love
you; No one satisfies me like you do".. Does love really make people this foolish? What are Delilah's boobs compared to your 2 eyes the devil is after? Hmmmm. I ultimately lost my eyes to my stupidity.

As She pressed harder, I didn't want her to feel hurt any more. At that point I was just asking myself abnormal questions like: "how can someone be strong just because of long hairs? Is the Spirit of God Hair or does the Spirit of God live inside the hair?" So, I told her that by my consecration, no razor has ever touched my hair and that the day that was done, I would be as weak as any other man on earth. I guess that sounded so reasonable to her. No wonder she lavished me with so much of her body that day. She crowned it by making me rest my head on her laps.. ohh! I was transported into another realm. I heard when someone was cutting off the first lock of hair from my head and I should have rebelled in anger but I couldn't because her hands were still rubbing my back and I hadn't gotten enough of her laps so we continued.. My strength was going away gradually and I didn't care.She kept pampering me till I slept off. I
only woke up in the hands of my enemies grinding in the prison house with no eyes. The Spirit of God had left me.

It was a sad end but then I charge you with this:

1. If the relationship is not healthy. It can't make you healthy either. Switch off when that's all you need to do to stay healthy in all ramifications.

2. You can't make Delilah any better than She is now so, Guard your calling and walk away. But then, It is not every pretty lady on the street that is a human being. Some are mobile shrines.

3. Strength and Wisdom are not the same thing. Refuse to be a strong foolish man. The strongest man will want to try journeys that lack God's approval but in wisdom, there is always a time to walk away and be preserved.

4. Sensitivity even in activity and accolades is a spiritual asset. Cultivate and master it. The devil after your annointing can be exposed and resisted. Resist him on time.

5. Be careful not to take lightly now the consecrations that have brought you to the enviable level you are now. When you sacrifice your consecration for anything, you forfeit your strength.

© drastic ENCOUNTERS
GODWIN KALU

#drastic ENCOUNTERS unveils Biblical stories creatively re-told and with strong moral inferences

www.godwincaptainkalu.

1 Like

Re: This Is Right On Time.... It's Dramatic; It's Familiar; It's A Tonic. Check Out by systacee: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Beautiful piece. How come I'm just getting to read this? More inspiration to you.

(1) (Reply)

Devilish Comedian The Sequel To Evil Comedian Episode 1 / 30 Days Of Poetry, Day5 "Random Thoughts" Pics Inside / Abuja Residents Literati.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.