Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? (904 Views)

Abortion Legalized Worldwide / If Abortion Is Murder; Is Using Condoms Kidnapping? / Abortion & Condom: The Gruesomeness In The Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by zboyd: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Abortion is one of the most controversial global topics – not least in Nigeria.

The decision to have an abortion is for a variety of personal reasons – sometimes the woman is not prepared to care for a child or simply does not have the money.

However, some women would rather have an illegitimate child than face the disgrace of an abortion. It is therefore a delicate subject but there are judgmental opinions on both sides of the argument.

Many Nigerians publicly believe abortion is against their religion.

Perhaps surprisingly, many women themselves would not have an abortion when it comes to a rape case.

But privately people may act otherwise, especially if the circumstances are not so straight-forward.

Where do YOU stand?

Are you FOR or AGAINST abortion?
Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by Mrval20(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'm against abortion. Perhaps I would've had a different view if I was a woman because women claim abortion can be the only alternative they're left with in some situations.
Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by Eddlad: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Why all these threads,nothing in life is really white or black.It's only moral that the cause against abortions is pursued to serve as a "check and balance" against indiscriminate sex,but in an event where a young girl child is raped and faces life endangering situation,prudence will only point to an abortion.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by Babamide(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'm for abortion. Whatever your reason may be. No need bringing children into the world to suffer. We have enough problems in the world already.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by anonymous6(f): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'm neutral in the debate in general but for me personally it's not a avenue I would fully agree with unless health risk are involved; religion is irrelevant to me personally when it comes to it but how it affects the woman's body in the future. So it baffles me when you hear stories or people take abortion like it's a walk in the park. However, In the end of the day the reason I said I'm neutral about it is because I believe women have the right to chose whether they want a abortion or not cause Each circumstance is different

2 Likes

Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by anonymous6(f): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
zboyd: Abortion is one of the most controversial global topics – not least in Nigeria.

The decision to have an abortion is for a variety of personal reasons – sometimes the woman is not prepared to care for a child or simply does not have the money.

However, some women would rather have an illegitimate child than face the disgrace of an abortion. It is therefore a delicate subject but there are judgmental opinions on both sides of the argument.

Many Nigerians publicly believe abortion is against their religion.

Perhaps surprisingly, many women themselves would not have an abortion when it comes to a rape case.

But privately people may act otherwise, especially if the circumstances are not so straight-forward.

Where do YOU stand?

Are you FOR or AGAINST abortion?

I think if a woman is molested/r-aped, has a major health risk for the mother or baby and mother, and etc then nobody should fault a woman if she has a abortion. I'm not advocating it but I would understand woman that do that as a result of rape or health reasons
Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 03, 2014
I am pro-choice; I believe that the woman should choose if she wants to keep a child or not.

Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by ifyalways(f): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Apatheist: I am pro-choice; I believe that the woman should choose if she wants to keep a child or not.
I agree to some extent.

It takes a man and woman to make a child, and if NONE of them, not just the woman wants the child, no one in the immediate family wants the child, then YES, abortion might be an answer.
Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2014
ifyalways:
I agree to some extent.

It takes a man and woman to make a child, and if NONE of them, not just the woman wants the child, no one in the immediate family wants the child, then YES, abortion might be an answer.
I laid emphasis on the woman because they're the ones that go through the pains, and are usually subservient to the whims of the man.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: FOR or AGAINST? by anonymous6(f): 11:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Apatheist:
I laid emphasis on the woman because they're the ones that go through the pains, and are usually subservient to the whims of the man.

So true your right

(1) (Reply)

Ofala Festival At Onitsha. / African Americans Ain't African ,do You Agree / Happy New Year Wishes Messages 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.