Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Does God Want Everyone Healed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Want Everyone Healed? (571 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Want Everyone Healed? by Bvsteph: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
A preacher once said: "Some people are in the hospital on oxygen!....Tell me, has God not been good to you??" The people all responded: "He has been good!". The statement left me wondering, does it mean God has not been good to those in the hospital?

1 Peter 2: 24 and Isaiah 53: 5 reminds us that we are healed by the stripes of Jesus, by the wounds of Jesus. Also Matthew 9: 35 and other verses reminds us that, where ever He went, Jesus healed the sick. The question now is, Does God truly want everyone to be in good health? No matter what, i don't think Jesus healed every single person in all of the villages He went through. Just like the bible says in Deut 15: 11, that there would always be the poor among us.....is it the same thing with sickness? Would there always be those sick among us?

1. Is it God's will that everyone be healed? That everyone be in good health? Are some sicknesses not there to glorify God's name? If it's not God's will that everyone be healed of their sickness, then why did He tell us in 1 Peter 2:24 that we are healed by His stripes? Maybe it would have been "some people" are healed by His stripes...right?

2. If it's God's will that we are all healed from sicknesses...then why are there sick true believers around us? Why do pastors fall sick? Sometimes pastors who heal others, fall sick and pray about it till the end. Isn't it God's will for us that we all be in good health? Isn't God going against His word when believers fall sick and do not get healed? Why would a God that love us so much, stand by and watch His own suffer till the very end?

3. In sicknesses, I've always wondered where the place of drugs as a christian comes in. Agreed, i believe God gave the doctors the wisdom they use in prescribing and giving out drugs, but what if i choose to believe in my Father totally, on the grounds that God is the greatest physician and so therefore i do not need another one. Isn't trusting in drugs not an act of faithlessness in itself?
In school then, sometimes our pastor would tell us that if we have, say a headache, pray and confess otherwise, and watch God heal you. You don't doubt your confession or start questioning if God can truly heal you and then later run to take drugs.

Like the woman with the issue of blood and so many other people that God has healed, they didn't run back to the doctor for drugs, once God said the word, that was it....Is that not how true healing should be like?...Trusting God so much that you trust in no other. Why should we then run to visit a doctor or take drugs?.. When you have faith in God, where does having faith in drugs come in?
Re: Does God Want Everyone Healed? by Gombs(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emphatically Yes!

Your question should be "Does God wants us sick?"
Re: Does God Want Everyone Healed? by Jackeeh(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Bvsteph it's questions like this that get you into trouble (speaking as a human. Cos I know that no matter how u try to contradict God, he'll still love you. But don't continue in it). That being said, let me point something out to you and others who are in doubt of God's will concerning healing.
1. Is healing God's will? Emphatically, YES!!! Acts 10:38 - "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him". Jesus came to do the will of the Father. And healing is one among many. Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever. God is His Word. Heaven and earth may pass away but His Word will never end. So, yes, healing is still His will.

2. Why then am I not healed?
A. Misplaced priority - Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". First things first,you need something from a Holy God, so humble yourself and seek Him. Seek Him first. Seek His Kingdom first. You can then find Him by accepting His Son, our Lord Jesus as your Lord and saviour. Sincerely believe Jesus in your heart and confess Him with your mouth. This is the most important first step to receiving your healing. I mean you've done it the world kind of way, it ain't working,what have you got to loose by accepting Jesus? And kick starting your miracle?

B. Sin - Isaiah 59:1 "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2. But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear". Thank You Lord for the blood of Jesus. Thank You Lord for the righteousness of Jesus which is at work in me. So what are you waiting for? Is there any sin you need to confess and forsake? It's your healing we're talking about here, so start forsaking.

C. Unbelief - James 1:6"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord". I rest my case.

D. Lack of Faith - I don't need to stress on this nah. Faith is Very vital.

E. Fear - Hebrews 2:14 "In as much then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through FEAR of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage". Fear exalts satan and keeps u in bondage . Fear attempts to belittle An all powerful God. He wants to step in and do His thing but you're telling Him it's hopeless and there's nothing he can do. You limit Him when you entertain fear. And as your fear grows,satan continues to worsen your health till he kills you. But when you put all your faith in God, he tells you to step back while He takes over. Which is easier? Fear or Faith. Choose Faith in God

F. Un forgiveness - Mark 11:25 "And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses”. So before you even start accusing God, search yourself and make amends where possible. It's not easy, I know. But it can hinder your prayers. So do the needful.

G. Trial and error - "let me give God a trial sha", "Hmmmm let me see if it'll work", "well if it doesn't work, I could always go elsewhere " etc. Oh so you even have other options, abi? Hmmmmmmmmm why don't you make Jesus your only option today and see that healing come to you.

H. The wrong kind of prayer - " Father please if it's your will, please heal me". This type of prayer will kill you cos you won't get results. Try this kind, works for me all the time; " Father you said that by your stripes I'm healed, so I'm healed. Father you sent your word and it healed me, so I'm healed. Father, you said that Your divine power has given me everything that pertains to life........... healing pertains to life,so I receive and I'm healed". it's that simple

3. How can I receive my healing?
- receive Jesus
- begin and nurture a close relationship with Him. I know at times ul make mistakes or slip back into sin. It's OK. But don't beat yourself up. Don't give up cos of guilt. It's not by ur righteousness or good works anyway. It's by the righteousness of Jesus working through you. So get back up when you slip. Be sorry and continue with Him. He still loves you.
- Ask by faith in prayer.
- Believe by faith that you have received
- your symptoms are still there? Don't dwell on them. You have asked according to His will through Jesus, I guarantee you have been heard and answers given. That's faith at work.
- Don't doubt. Don't entertain doubt. Don't entertain natural men who don't understand spiritual things. Don't go looking for logic. Concentrate on building up your faith.
- while waiting for the physical manifestation of your healing, don't stop praising God and thanking Him. This makes Him go all out for you
- don't be distracted. Don't say," well Mr. A didn't survive so why should my case be different? Don't say or entertain such. You are not Mr. A. You are you.
- meditate on His word especially healing scriptures until they are deeply rooted in your heart
- keep praising Him
- have anionted hands led on you and prayers of faith offered.
- keep confessing your healing
- keep thanking God for your healing. Don't ever stop
- when it finally comes( could be instant though- a miracle or take some time- a healing. But answers are released IMMEDIATELY you ask), share with the brethren in order to encourage someone.
- still, thank God.

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone Healed? by Bvsteph: 9:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks a lot. But concerning this:
[center]"it's questions like this that get you into trouble (speaking as a human. Cos I know that no matter how u try to contradict God, he'll still love you. But don't continue in it). " [/center]

Is it wrong to ask for clarification on something i don't know but would love to know? You making it sound like am committing a sin or something

Jackeeh: Bvsteph it's questions like this that get you into trouble (speaking as a human. Cos I know that no matter how u try to contradict God, he'll still love you. But don't continue in it). That being said, let me point something out to you and others who are in doubt of God's will concerning healing.
1. Is healing God's will? Emphatically, YES!!! Acts 10:38 - "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him". Jesus came to do the will of the Father. And healing is one among many. Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever. God is His Word. Heaven and earth may pass away but His Word will never end. So, yes, healing is still His will.

2. Why then am I not healed?
A. Misplaced priority - Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". First things first,you need something from a Holy God, so humble yourself and seek Him. Seek Him first. Seek His Kingdom first. You can then find Him by accepting His Son, our Lord Jesus as your Lord and saviour. Sincerely believe Jesus in your heart and confess Him with your mouth. This is the most important first step to receiving your healing. I mean you've done it the world kind of way, it ain't working,what have you got to loose by accepting Jesus? And kick starting your miracle?

B. Sin - Isaiah 59:1 "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2. But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear". Thank You Lord for the blood of Jesus. Thank You Lord for the righteousness of Jesus which is at work in me. So what are you waiting for? Is there any sin you need to confess and forsake? It's your healing we're talking about here, so start forsaking.

C. Unbelief - James 1:6"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord". I rest my case.

D. Lack of Faith - I don't need to stress on this nah. Faith is Very vital.

E. Fear - Hebrews 2:14 "In as much then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through FEAR of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage". Fear exalts satan and keeps u in bondage . Fear attempts to belittle An all powerful God. He wants to step in and do His thing but you're telling Him it's hopeless and there's nothing he can do. You limit Him when you entertain fear. And as your fear grows,satan continues to worsen your health till he kills you. But when you put all your faith in God, he tells you to step back while He takes over. Which is easier? Fear or Faith. Choose Faith in God

F. Un forgiveness - Mark 11:25 "And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses”. So before you even start accusing God, search yourself and make amends where possible. It's not easy, I know. But it can hinder your prayers. So do the needful.

G. Trial and error - "let me give God a trial sha", "Hmmmm let me see if it'll work", "well if it doesn't work, I could always go elsewhere " etc. Oh so you even have other options, abi? Hmmmmmmmmm why don't you make Jesus your only option today and see that healing come to you.

H. The wrong kind of prayer - " Father please if it's your will, please heal me". This type of prayer will kill you cos you won't get results. Try this kind, works for me all the time; " Father you said that by your stripes I'm healed, so I'm healed. Father you sent your word and it healed me, so I'm healed. Father, you said that Your divine power has given me everything that pertains to life........... healing pertains to life,so I receive and I'm healed". it's that simple

3. How can I receive my healing?
- receive Jesus
- begin and nurture a close relationship with Him. I know at times ul make mistakes or slip back into sin. It's OK. But don't beat yourself up. Don't give up cos of guilt. It's not by ur righteousness or good works anyway. It's by the righteousness of Jesus working through you. So get back up when you slip. Be sorry and continue with Him. He still loves you.
- Ask by faith in prayer.
- Believe by faith that you have received
- your symptoms are still there? Don't dwell on them. You have asked according to His will through Jesus, I guarantee you have been heard and answers given. That's faith at work.
- Don't doubt. Don't entertain doubt. Don't entertain natural men who don't understand spiritual things. Don't go looking for logic. Concentrate on building up your faith.
- while waiting for the physical manifestation of your healing, don't stop praising God and thanking Him. This makes Him go all out for you
- don't be distracted. Don't say," well Mr. A didn't survive so why should my case be different? Don't say or entertain such. You are not Mr. A. You are you.
- meditate on His word especially healing scriptures until they are deeply rooted in your heart
- keep praising Him
- have anionted hands led on you and prayers of faith offered.
- keep confessing your healing
- keep thanking God for your healing. Don't ever stop
- when it finally comes( could be instant though- a miracle or take some time- a healing. But answers are released IMMEDIATELY you ask), share with the brethren in order to encourage someone.
- still, thank God.

(1) (Reply)

Count The Cost / Victims Are Martyrs Of The Kingdom Of God- TB Joshua / Pastor Claims He Engaged In Robbery To Serve God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.