Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,942 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD (1053 Views)

Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match / Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2014
A friend of mine is seriously down. He is in bad mood right now because he doesnt know his date of birth as well as her sister's date of birth. Their Sad story began when they lost their father in 1990's.....since then the elder brother stays with his uncle while his sister stays in one village where their fathers relative reside. Their mother as an uneducated woman doesnt keep proper record nd at such fails to provide the birth certificate. since its not really needed then.....no emphasizes was attached to it. now that their mother is dead there is no one who can tell them the precise date of their birth. As at now.....they are both using an assumed dates. My friend find it hard to tell any1 about this.. He didnt even tell his girlfriend about it because to him its unexplainable. Please friends....will they ever know the Exact date of their birth? If YES....HOW:...OR wat should dey do? Please help
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by PassingShot(m): 10:46am On Aug 04, 2014
?
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Project400: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2014
I don’t know my exact age – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo at the ceremony marking his 77th birthday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, on Wednesday said that he did not know his real age.

Obasanjo described the 77th birthday as his “official birthday”. He said, “There are those of us like me who have no real record of birth. I want to thank God once again for what He has done in my life. Whether I know the exact date of my birth or not, I think God has made my path glorious.

“I was actually born on Ifo market day because according to my mother, she had prepared to go to the Ifo Market and Ifo market was every five days. And then she was in labour, before those who went to Ifo market could come back, I was born.

“I know and she knew I was born on Ifo market day. Don’t ask me what year or month.” Obasanjo’s revelation was in response to the Olowu of Owu, Oba Olusanya Dosunmu’s assertion that the two-time leader of the country was actually older than 77 years.

He said it was not important that he did not know his age as that had not stopped God from making his path a glorious one.

The former President, who spoke amid applause, thanked President Goodluck Jonathan for “congratulating me on this day of my official birthday.”
www.punchng.com/news/i-dont-know-my-exact-age-obasanjo/

Encourage your friend, brother. smiley
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
And their illiterate mum couldn't tell them their birth dates before she passed on? Or she was too uneducated to remember the day she pushed 'em babies out?

Even in the olden days, births were documented, not with 100% accuracy though. References were made to certain notable events,like planting of trees, weather in a particular year, market days and so on. With missionaries and oyinbos presence, it became easier to record births.

My illiterate grandma has a good idea of when she was born, my mum(who is already retired) and her siblings know when they were born. So what's your friend's excuse?
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nothing he can do, just pick a day and make it his birthday as Obasanjo did. As for year of birth, it can be estimated with the year of enrollment in school if he/ she attended.
Then go with a family elder get a sworn affidavit and have a declaration of age with the circumstances noted
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by phillycute(f): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Is not even a problem to me, I have a friend dat has dis same problem but he just pick year n date for him self.

1 Like

Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by maingwaest(f): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
candy: And their illiterate mum couldn't tell them their birth dates before she passed on? Or she was too uneducated to remember the day she pushed 'em babies out?

Even in the olden days, births were documented, not with 100% accuracy though. References were made to certain notable events,like planting of trees, weather in a particular year, market days and so on. With missionaries and oyinbos presence, it became easier to record births.

My illiterate grandma has a good idea of when she was born, my mum(who is already retired) and her siblings know when they were born. So what's your friend's excuse?
. Don't u tink u are kinda harsh? Their mum is dead for goodness sake and I am sure if she were to be alive she would have helped a little just like in the case of OBJ. Meanwhile @ OP tell them to just embrace a day in their life that brings good memories to celebrate their B'day; the most important thing is that they are alive and breathing every other thing na jara o. In fact those wit real age are even forming another one in other to get job or in the case of chikalas,husband. Tell ur friend they owe no body an explanation.
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Project400: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
phillycute: Is not even a problem to me, I have a friend dat has dis same problem but he just pick year n date for him self.
hmn, smiley

1 Like

Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
maingwaest: . Don't u tink u are kinda harsh? Their mum is dead for goodness sake and I am sure if she were to be alive she would have helped a little just like in the case of OBJ.
Well, the Op's friend and sister shouldn't find it difficult to know their birthdays sha. Somebody must have registered them in school, filled a form that reflects their DOB or just estimated age, they can just adopt that. There should be a member of their family who will have an idea of when they were born. Something must have happened around that time just like Obasanjo's story.
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Project400: I don’t know my exact age – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

www.punchng.com/news/i-dont-know-my-exact-age-obasanjo/

Encourage your friend, brother. smiley
This is Great bro! You have done well. Its fascinating and encouraging. Gotta give him this link. Thanks so much as dis should be a relief.

1 Like

Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
candy: And their illiterate mum couldn't tell them their birth dates before she passed on? Or she was too uneducated to remember the day she pushed 'em babies out?

Ur comment is truly harsh. Accusing d deceased wont help in anyway. The deed is done. There are still thousands of parent out there that without records....remember i said EXACT DATE. Using event that happens or so wld only gv u an assumed date.
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
aisha2: Nothing he can do, just pick a day and make it his birthday as Obasanjo did. As for year of birth, it can be estimated with the year of enrollment in school if he/ she attended.
Then go with a family elder get a sworn affidavit and have a declaration of age with the circumstances noted
Thanks sis....he said he was told the year and DAY. Still on the battle of EXACT DATE. Already got the affidavit. Thanks ma
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
phillycute: Is not even a problem to me, I have a friend dat has dis same problem but he just pick year n date for him self.
Thanks sis
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
candy:
Well, the Op's friend and sister shouldn't find it difficult to know their birthdays sha. Somebody must have registered them in school, filled a form that reflects their DOB or just estimated age, they can just adopt that. There should be a member of their family who will have an idea of when they were born. Something must have happened around that time just like Obasanjo's story.
Yes sis....the year nd DAY is known.
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
@all. Thanks so much for all ur comments. Its really a way forward. One other thing in fail to include in the previous write up is that.......the Year is known. Nd u know muslim name their children according to the days of the week.....so from dis......the Day of the week nd the Year is Known.
Just like the Ex-President.........they av dia own official DOB too nd from all ur comments.......its no more a Big Deal
Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Omobolaji20:
Ur comment is truly harsh. Accusing d deceased wont help in anyway.

Omobolaji20: @all. Thanks so much for all ur comments. Its really a way forward. One other thing in fail to include in the previous write up is that.......the Year is known. Nd u know muslim name their children according to the days of the week.....so from dis......the Day of the week nd the Year is Known.
Aww...I wasn't accusing the departed. My comment had pun intended and it stemmed from the fact that I didn't believe your friend was being truthful when he said he didn't know his birthday(I assumed year, month and day of the month...I can see you've corrected that in your new post).

It was just a rhetorical question asked in order to make a point and not to elicit an answer. I thought you were going to understand the intended message. Not aimed at blaming the dead at all.

1 Like

Re: Please..a Brother And A Sister Doesnt Know Their Exact Date Of Birth...both SAD by Omobolaji20(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
candy:

Aww...I wasn't accusing the departed. My comment had pun intended and it stemmed from the fact that I didn't believe your friend was being truthful when he said he didn't know his birthday(I assumed year, month and day of the month...I can see you've corrected that in your new post).

It was just a rhetorical question asked in order to make a point and not to elicit an answer. I thought you were going to understand the intended message. Not aimed at blaming the dead at all.

I got it wrong den.......d comment was misconceived.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better? / How much can you sell Nigeria / Being Scared Of Heart Break,he Beats His Girl Friend To Death...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.