Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola (1008 Views)

Breaking! Ghanaian Footballer, Michael Essien Contracts Ebola / Lagos Female Doctor Contracts Ebola Virus / Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by afuye(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
One of the doctors who attended to Liberian Patrick Sawyer in Lagos, the man credited with bringing Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) to Nigeria has contracted the virus.

Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, has just confirmed that one of the doctors who attended to Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian, who recently died of Ebola in Nigeria, is now sick with the disease.

Chukwu said two other people placed under quarantine were showing signs of the disease, although it is too early to say if their symptoms relates to Ebola.

Sawyer was Nigeria’s first case of Ebola death two weeks ago, and since his demise there have been widespread fears that some of the more than 70 people he had contact with also develop the virus.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/04/nigerian-doctor-who-attended-liberian-man-comes-down-ebola-virus-lagos
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by publicenemy(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
God help us
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by Solutioncrib: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
God have mercy
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by macpetrus(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
cry
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by Truman155(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
the doctor should chew kolanut lol visit a hospital
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by mindurbiznes: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
[size=18pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=28pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=38pt]DOCTOOOORS[/size]

[size=58pt]DOCTOooRS[/size]

YOU KNEW THYS WAS COMING AND YOU HID UNDER THE auspices OF STRIKE!

NO WAY SHOW YOURSELVES NOW. .SHOW US WHAT YOUVE GOT

we need u now more than ever. not for nothing do you enjoy public respect

BRB
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by obiscolly(m): 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
embarassed this is now getting really scary. I saw on TVC that the doctor is now dead. God knows how many other patients the he made contact with. I'm hoping he was among those quarantined.

As if our present security situation is not enough problem to deal with ....smh

God save Nigeria!
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by dridowu: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
This is occupational hazard, now if some doctors want increase in occupational hazard allowance some people will call them different names as if they are not important to their families, directly / indirectly the man would have transfer it to some family members especially its nuclear family.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by speckless: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers, no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed to this hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by proffemi: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
I just found someone who is trying to get the FDA (US) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. His petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters. Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here (if you're interested):

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by 3kay945(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
speckless: May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers, no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed to this hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.

I feel your pain bro.. it so pathetic cry
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by Leopantro: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
people said doctors are heartless, greedy, inconsiderate. how dare they demand 100,000k for hazard allowance. i can't help but wonder about his family, his wife and kids. a death sentence to her husband and stigmatization of the family.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
This is getting scary day by day.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by ifyclose2(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
As far as medical practice is concerned, contracting Ebola Virus falls under d category of "JOB HAZARDS".....and as at now, d govt pays a pathetic N5,000/month to doctors as hazard allowance....and tomorrow morning one hippopotamus will wake up on d wrong side of his bed and start criticizing doctors when we are fighting for what we rightfully deserve.....This country is sick!
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by chioma134: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
May God have mercy on our colleague and his family who may have just laid down his/her life for
ungrateful Nigeria. And for the rest of our colleagues,may we never suffer the same fate whille
discharging our duties. Amen.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by drkay(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
I wish him quick recovery. Now, his wife, child(ren) and every1 around him has to be quarantined. This isn't funny anymore, me I'll stigmatise o, any patient with features suggestive of EVD shall not be attended to, can't put my life to danger because of 5k hazard allowance.
Re: Breaking News: Lagos State Doctor 'contracts' Ebola by armadeo(m): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
drkay: I wish him quick recovery. Now, his wife, child(ren) and every1 around him has to be quarantined. This isn't funny anymore, me I'll stigmatise o, any patient with features suggestive of EVD shall not be attended to, can't put my life to danger because of 5k hazard allowance.

All in favour say aye.

AYE!!!!!™™™

(1) (Reply)

Why The Low Enligntenment On HIV PEP / . / JOHESU Calls Off 2month Old Strike !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.