Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,164 members, 7,953,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) (805 Views)

Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / A Brothel And A Church In The Same Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) by igbokwesampson(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Photo below shows a Church with a mosque upstairs( Coexistence of faith )
[ In Yogunoluk village of Samandag, Hatay, a mosque of tile roof was built upon the remains of a historical church from Roman Empire. ]-The church that remained from the time of Roman Empire was restored for use in 1896 after the settlement of the Armenian. It was not used any more after 1939 when they left the region and it was transformed into a mosque in 1940 by the Muslim settlers. The village Principal Mehmet Karaca said that they covered its roof with tiles without spoiling the original shape and that the mosque was restored in 1961 with concrete. Karaca said that the pillars, the baptism tub, the confession cabin, priest chair and the lodge were strong and that it could be used by the Armenian too if restored.( Source: DIHA )In Hatay and its environs today one can find Alevits, Arab Christians (both Orthodox and Catholic), Armenians, Jews, Afghans, Turcoman, and of course Turks. One of the biggest villages of the seven original Armenian strongholds, Yogunoluk, which was densely populated by Armenians in the 1920s, is today a Turcoman village. Fulya Dogruel, who wrote a book about Hatay, says that after 1915, “in order to balance the ethnic composition, Turcoman people were settled in the area."

Source: http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Worship.html
Re: Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) by Jellyjust: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
That is true I also stumbled on this browsing the internet, here is the pics, what a co existence of faith, even report says peacefull too, @ Op thank me later, lol

Re: Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) by igbokwesampson(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks dear, you beat me to it, I really don't know the problem with my device, it just disobeyed me now by refussing to upload the pics, thanks sha. Na ur luck
Re: Church And Mosque Co Existing In The Same Building( Co Existence Of Faith) by Proxy001(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
seriously dats how its supposed to be. By so doing d universe becomes a more peaceful place to live in. #team live and let's live#

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Journey Of The Bible ( From Gen To Revelation) / The Law Of Sin And Of Death / Customised Wristband Production Is Our Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.