Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) (4362 Views)

My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / Ashamed Of Your Job Title? Well Here Is A Solution ... / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
I used to have problem differentiating between these job titles (vice, deputy and assistant XYZ), which I tried to help myself out by making consultations. I got a suitable response from one expert which I believe it can be of good use for (Ignorant) people like me on NL.

However, any other meaningful contribution is highly welcome

DISCLAIMER: This write up is copied from someone explanation, as such the correctness of the information might vary depending on individual perception
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
These Job titles are better understood when you categorize them in terms of
Job Dependency, Responsibility, Reporting, delegation and Succession.

VICE XYZ:
Though he is a step below XYZ, his Job however does not depend on XYZ as he does not share responsibility with XYZ but share the same Goal. Systematically we can say that, out of 10 KRA (key responsibility area) VICE XYZ take responsibility for maybe 3 while XYZ himself take 7.
He holds almost the highest authority in reporting, due to the fact that he is the head in his area of KRA, but he is somehow under the supervision of XYZ for check and balance (but not necessarily reporting to XYZ in area of his KRA).

Delegation of Duty is mostly minimal as he cannot make decision on behalf of XYZ, but can represent XYZ in his area of KRA. Chance of Succeeding XYZ is high.

This job title is mostly found in Academics where we have VP Admin and VP Academics, all with different JD from the Principal who is the head
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Deputy XYZ:

He more or less understudies XYZ. His job solely depend on XYZ as in most cases, does not has his own area of responsibility, neither does he takes responsibility for his action.

He acts solely on instruction by XYZ in the case of KRA. Systematically, we can say that out of 10 KRA, Deputy XYZ deputizes for 3, but he is not the highest officer in these 3 KRA (which he might not get any if XYZ decides otherwise).

He is submissive to XYZ not only reporting.
Delegation of duty is his speciality as he is next point of call whenever XYZ is not available. Chance of succeeding XYZ is almost impossible (except in the case of electoral offices).
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Assistant XYZ:

He understudies, Complement, assist, act and can even deputize for XYZ.
His Job is dependent on XYZ but it is also fair to say that XYZ also depend on him. He is involved in almost every area of the KRA, as he is actively involved in the buildup process to each of the KRA. In fact he is part and parcel of XYZ.

He doesn’t take responsibility for his action. Systematically, we can say that, out of 10 KRA, he does not take responsibility for any but get involved in almost all (of the 10KRA).

He is reporting to XYZ.
Part of XYZ duty can be delegated to him (competence based) while chances of succession is very high (in fact most organization preference especially when considering continuation)

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
Emmmmmm....sorry for derailing. I just went to do this here.

Please jobsat34 help me get this to the bar. copy and paste or you quote it but I went it to get to the bar as my speech for you and post along with the came I posted in the other thread.

Jobsat34. firstly I want to wish you a very happy birthday and I wish you all the good things life has got to offer.

When I saw your writeup I was so amazed, I'm still speechless tho but all in all, I want you to know that I'm very proud of you. smiley in you I see me and in me I see you. smiley Yes jobsat, YOUR HEART IS SAFE WITH ME and I hope mine will be SAFE WITH YOU. smiley smiley You are right when you said ....

Rain is not only drops of water
It is the love of sky for earth
They never meet each other
But send Love this way.

Yes we have not met but I'm sending you my love this way.

Happy birthday and know that I'm present with you where ever you are.

My many thanks to everybody at the bar. smiley.

neighy I'm sorry for not responding. Its because I can't post in the bar for now. thanks for the mentions and for celebrating with my baby jobsat34. smiley

Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Emmmmmm....sorry for derailing. I just went to do this here.

Please jobsat34 help me get this to the bar. copy and paste or you quote it but I went it to get to the bar as my speech for you and post along with the came I posted in the other thread.

Jobsat34. firstly I want to wish you a very happy birthday and I wish you all the good things life has got to offer.

When I saw your writeup I was so amazed, I'm still speechless tho but all in all, I want you to know that I'm very proud of you. smiley in you I see me and in me I see you. smiley Yes jobsat, YOUR HEART IS SAFE WITH ME and I hope mine will be SAFE WITH YOU. smiley smiley You are right when you said ....

Rain is not only drops of water
It is the love of sky for earth
They never meet each other
But send Love this way.

Yes we have not met but I'm sending you my love this way.

Happy birthday and know that I'm present with you where ever you are.

My many thanks to everybody at the bar. smiley.

neighy I'm sorry for not responding. Its because I can't post in the bar for now. thanks for the mentions and for celebrating with my baby jobsat34. smiley
N0W THIS IS A SCAM!
1st> Jobsat34 this post sldnt affect d Money coming to My Account REMEMBA? I cn Read ur Mind i knw Wat u Tinking
2> This is anoda one of your Move To make Me Feel Jealous Bt No YOU CANT SCAM ME...

Congratx Jobsat34 nd HAPI BIRTHDAY 1NCE AGAIN...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
N0W THIS IS A SCAM!
1st> Jobsat34 this post sldnt affect d Money coming to My Account REMEMBA? I cn Read ur Mind i knw Wat u Tinking
2> This is anoda one of your Move To make Me Feel Jealous Bt No YOU CANT SCAM ME...

Scam
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
N0W THIS IS A SCAM!

yu no say money no be problem naaa... Owo ma tan, eniyan lo ma ku.. Yu be my personal person joor...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Scam

he is just kidding nii... Nothin to worry about..
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
jobsat34:

he is just kidding nii... Nothin to worry about..
OK. smiley
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Scam
l0l.... U didnt get?
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Scam
l0l.... U didnt get? AI WAS JEZ Joking...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
l0l.... U didnt get?
Maybe. smiley
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
jobsat34:

yu no say money no be problem naaa... Owo ma tan, eniyan lo ma ku.. Yu be my personal person joor...
Na so jare... #CHOP KNUCKLE
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
l0l.... U didnt get? AI WAS JEZ Joking...
I know. I've been following the bar thread you know. smiley
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Maybe. smiley
well there is no cause for alarm
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Maybe. smiley
well there is no cause for alarm... Bt if that dude actually tried to scam Me... HMMM... lipsrsealed
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
well there is no cause for alarm... Bt if that dude actually tried to scam Me... HMMM... lipsrsealed
Lol. he doesn't scam people.
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
I know. I've been following the bar thread you know. smiley
i do see you peeping...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Lol. he doesn't scam people.
yea... one of the Reason he's ma Bestie
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
yea... one of the Reason he's ma Bestie
Lol. I'm lucky then. wink
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Lol. I'm lucky then. wink
Yea nd ViceVersa...
READING doz lines he posted for you nd i was like WtF...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
Yea nd ViceVersa...
READING doz lines he posted for you nd i was like WtF...
Tot I was the only one. your friend has shocked me in many ways. announcing me as his e- crush was the first shock he gave me. grin I'm still wondering when he started crushing on me. smiley He indeed shocked me. I'm happy o. smiley
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Tot I was the only one. your friend has shocked me in many ways. announcing me as his e- crush was the first shock he gave me. grin I'm still wondering when he started crushing on me. smiley He indeed shocked me.
well am Not Shocked He has Good Eye for things... Bt serzly he caught me OffGuard
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
well am Not Shocked He has Good Eye for things... Bt serzly he caught me OffGuard
Hahaha. He caught me too and when I doz lines, I felt like a Queen here. smiley He indeed caught me offGuard. we've been friends since after the tsunami but to think I will ever be jobsat34" s e-crush, hmmmm.
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Hahaha. He caught me too and when I doz lines, I felt like a Queen here. smiley He indeed caught me offGuard. we've been friends since after the tsunami but to think I will ever be jobsat34" s e-crush, hmmmm.
u seem to be Special to him dou... So tx nt just any Crush
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
neighy:
u seem to be Special to him dou... So tx nt just any Crush
Hmmm...speechless. smiley
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by neighy(m): 12:07am On Oct 25, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Hmmm...speechless. smiley
l0l... Am retiring for the Night... The time used for Jobsat E-bday was booked for something else so av gotta cover up nd sleep b4 2AM... LETA MISS...
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 9:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Thinking about you and decided to say hi. i miss you. kiss

cc jobsat34.
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by jobsat34(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Esmeraldar:
Thinking about you and decided to say hi. i miss you. kiss

cc jobsat34.

hi sweery.. miss you too dearly
Re: Understanding The Job Title: Vice, Deputy And Assistant (XYZ) by Esmeraldar: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
HNM baby.

(1) (Reply)

closed / Life Of A Bloody Nigerian Banker / What Can I Do With A Bsc Public Health??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.