Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients (21658 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Mbediogu:
Johesu over to you. Doctors dey strike but remember that this is not time to make false claims of Ebola cure becos if Nafdac catch you eh, my hand no dey. Oya alarm don blow, no begin ur own strike o!

dalhat14: Now that there is a clear risk of being infected with the
Ebola virus in Nigeria, why have the JOHESU warlords
suddenly gone mute? Shouldn't they rise up to the occasion
and take the lead in this fight against the dreaded disease,
why is everyone calling on doctors to call off the strike and
return to save patients...... How ironic. So doctors do take
the lead afterall, they also are evidently the most vulnerable
as has been shown, yet the most vilified for asking for the
implementation of already signed agreements. May God
save our country from this Ebola virus...

Must you NMA guys always play politics with everything?. A JOHESU member, a matron is also currently down with the disease. She is critical condition. haba!
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2014
bebe2: They shud go f**k themselves

How can pple that have the key to life n death in some situations decide not to come to work.

Why treat ebola? Wen u left the cancer patients, diabetics, aids etc to die in pain angry

ebola can wipe entire population.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 06, 2014
Acidosis:

Shut up! If Doctors won't allow Pharmacists get PharmD degrees, then Doctors should stick to their acoustic stestoscope and syringe.

They have no place in Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics, and anything Pharmaceutical. Medical Doctors do not produce drugs/vaccine; but ofcourse, you can digress and apply for a role in Pharmacy.

We have Engineers working in Banks; somehow, we call them "bankers", but their respective conscience tell them they are elective bankers grin

If you want to do banking; go and study banking and finance. If you must work in the Lab, go and buy Jamb form and take a science or medical laboratory course. If you must do drugs, go and buy JAMB form and apply for Pharmacy/Pharmacology or go do "agbo jedi" atleast
grin

slowpoke. what a pity. product of examination malpractice.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Acidosis:

Shut up! If Doctors won't allow Pharmacists get PharmD degrees, then Doctors should stick to their acoustic stestoscope and syringe.

They have no place in Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics, and anything Pharmaceutical. Medical Doctors do not produce drugs/vaccine; but ofcourse, you can digress and apply for a role in Pharmacy.

We have Engineers working in Banks; somehow, we call them "bankers", but their respective conscience tell them they are elective bankers grin

If you want to do banking; go and study banking and finance. If you must work in the Lab, go and buy Jamb form and take a science or medical laboratory course. If you must do drugs, go and buy JAMB form and apply for Pharmacy/Pharmacology or go do "agbo jedi" atleast
grin

slowpoke. what a pity. product of examination malpractice. are u aware of pharmaceutical physcians? are u aware of clinical pharmacologists ,laboratory physcians, infectious disease doctors and their roles? u need to learn a lot before spitting acidic
bile. what a shame

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis]

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6306a1.htm?mobile=nocontent

pathologists and discovery of new pathogens
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by duni04(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2014
ceaser:
What d'you stand to gain from barefaced lies aimed at discrediting these men? The same propaganda you embarked upon painting 'em as wicked, selfish and inconsiderate for justifiably going on strike is what you have started on again. Did you realise there was an official statement to attend to suspected and confirmed ebola infected following a meeting that was held with the LASG? And by the way, your "Nigeria equivalent of the CDC" has doctors on the team if you must know. I'm sure the uninformed masses will not swallow your lies this time cos most of them (even the nurses among its ranks) have realised josehu's weapon of propaganda of false information and have began to ignore them.

So much thanks to modern media. I could have sworn you'll go on propaganda spree claiming the Lagos, Liberian, Serria Leonian and American doctors and nurses infected were not actually doctors but lab technicians or pharmacists with PharmD contrary to claims.

Pls be honest for a moment, haba! So much hate!!!
Well i would know because i have access to the hospital. No single doctor has volunteered. I have no business with their industrial action, i'm just trying to update people on the situation with ebola in Nigeria. If u believe what you're reading in the media, goodluck to you

1 Like

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by duni04(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2014
ceaser:
What d'you stand to gain from barefaced lies aimed at discrediting these men? The same propaganda you embarked upon painting 'em as wicked, selfish and inconsiderate for justifiably going on strike is what you have started on again. Did you realise there was an official statement to attend to suspected and confirmed ebola infected following a meeting that was held with the LASG? And by the way, your "Nigeria equivalent of the CDC" has doctors on the team if you must know. I'm sure the uninformed masses will not swallow your lies this time cos most of them (even the nurses among its ranks) have realised josehu's weapon of propaganda of false information and have began to ignore them.

So much thanks to modern media. I could have sworn you'll go on propaganda spree claiming the Lagos, Liberian, Serria Leonian and American doctors and nurses infected were not actually doctors but lab technicians or pharmacists with PharmD contrary to claims.

Pls be honest for a moment, haba! So much hate!!!
Nobody can be forced to attend to any suspected case of ebola irrespective of whatever meeting anybody held. The doctors are naturally scared since health care workers have a higher risk of contracting the virus and the isolation facilities at the hospital are not trustworthy. As of today, no doctor has volunteered to treat any of the patients. Only nurses are attending now
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hazyfm: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2014
johnshagb:
What's funny? undecided

BTW
Una notice the kind handshake this woman dey give oga jona.... Lol.... Fear of ebola is the beginning of.... grin

The Black American is intentionally grabbing her glass of wine with both hands to avoid shaking Jonathan
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by johnshagb(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2014
hazyfm:

The Black American is intentionally grabbing her glass of wine with both hands to avoid shaking Jonathan

Seriously, they all covered their fears with a fake smile
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hazyfm: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2014
customadeboye: [s]THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE (NCS) is currently giving out
impounded vehicle at affordable auction prize,1st HAND
TOKUNBO CARS, never been used in Nigeria.
These cars were seized as a result of illegal importation
into the country; They are readily available in give-away
price
This car are in seme border ports in Nigeria Awaiting
removal by Clearance.
NAME: COMRADE BALOGUN JOHNSON (PUBLIC RELATION
OFFICER OF NIGERIA CUSTOM,SEME BORDER COMMAND)
CONTACT NUMBER: 08038592548
CONTACT ADDRESS-:2025A Badagry Express
Way,Operation 2-Enforcement office(ZONE A),SEME
BORDER COMMAND (boundary between Nigeria and
Cotonou,seme border port),Lagos,Nigeria.
OFFICE MAILING ADDRESS-:balogunjohnson01@g
mail.com
CARS AVAILABLE
CAR MAKE CAR MODEL PRICE LIMIT
TOYOTA camry #200000-600000
COROLLA #200000-700000
AVALON #250000-750000
HIGHLANDER #350000-1000000
VENZA #400000-12000000
LAND CRUISER #350000-1000000
NISSAN ALL MODELS #20000-950000
LAND ROVER ALL MODEL #400000-1250000
BMW ALL MODEL #300000-800000
MERCEDES BENZ ALL MODEL #300000-85000
HEAVY DUTY TRAILERS AND TRUCK AT AFFORDABLE PRIZE
and lots more………
ALL BUYERS SHOULD NOTE THAT BUYING OF NIGERIA
AUCTION VEHICLES HAS NO COMPLICATIONS WHAT SO
EVER,SINCE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WILL BE
HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMERS TO AVOID SUCH
INDIVIDUAL BUYING FOR HIS/HER PERSONAL USE
All new buyer should make a scan copy of the following to
Balogunjohnson01@gmail.com:-
a. National id card, international passport or driver's
license.
b. Local Gov. of origin certificate.
c. Birth certificate.
d. A colored passport photograph. (for warehouse permit)
Regards from (NCS)[/s]

[size=18pt]CRIMINALADEBOYE: THUNDER FIRE YOU
YAHOO YAHOO NO PAY U AGAIN ABI[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by zurine(f): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2014
wow. God Help us all
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
hazyfm:

YOU AND YOUR STRIKING COLLEAGUES. WHAT ARE THEY TREATING? YOU CAN'T TREAT A DISEASE WITHOUT CURE
1. FIRST RESUME WORK
2. FIND A CURE
3. TREAT YOUR INFECTED PATIENTS
very shallow
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hazyfm: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
angry angry angry angry
Zeus777: very shallow

YES AS SHALLOW AS NIGERIAN DOCTORS
How's your strike going?
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
dozzybaba:

Must you NMA guys always play politics with everything?. A JOHESU member, a matron is also currently down with the disease. She is critical condition. haba!
i agree with u . Definitely nurses are quite important. Remove them from the johesu , let the other johesu go on strike for a hundred yrs and their absence in the hospital won't be felt
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
duni04:
Well i would know because i have access to the hospital. No single doctor has volunteered. I have no business with their industrial action, i'm just trying to update people on the situation with ebola in Nigeria. If u believe what you're reading in the media, goodluck to you
u are a blatant lier . I am currently at military hospital yaba (68NARHY).... It's d closest facility to mainland hospital yaba. Consultants(doctors) from lasuth and Luth are in there as we speak . U said u have acces to mainland hospital yaba?? So tell me what is the colour of the main gate of mainland hospital yaba... Lol .,, google can't help u with that!!
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
duni04:
Nobody can be forced to attend to any suspected case of ebola irrespective of whatever meeting anybody held. The doctors are naturally scared since health care workers have a higher risk of contracting the virus and the isolation facilities at the hospital are not trustworthy. As of today, no doctor has volunteered to treat any of the patients. Only nurses are attending now
hmmm so how are theses ur nurses "attending" is it that they are "admitting"? ,,, u people just like lies
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
duni04:
what is the colour of the gate of mainland hospital yaba What facility is intervening between it and military hospital yaba? Answer these question within 24hrs of this my post then I will know u aren't a lier
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by egopersonified(f): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blackchampion: Dats a welcome development but odikwa risky. If dem doubt am mek dem ask Doctors n health workers for Liberia.
#Team say no to Ebola

This yr pics are wonderful, so it is nylon bag that would save you from ebola, abi? Be ready to die a thousand deaths then.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Blackchampion(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
egopersonified:

This yr pics are wonderful, so it is nylon bag that would save you from ebola, abi? Be ready to die a thousand deaths then.
Wish u same same #No offense
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
hazyfm: angry angry angry angry

YES AS SHALLOW AS NIGERIAN DOCTORS
How's your strike going?

there is an IMPORTANT arm of medicine called supportive management . This is employed by doctors when definitive cure for an ailment still eludes mankind. And such managements saves lives evryday ..,,,, so now read u and ur friend"s post again and sincerely measure ur own shallowness!
U think d only way drs save lives if via having a CURE My friend u are a joke cheesy
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by egopersonified(f): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blackchampion: Wish u same same #No offense

#non taken.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
lakamua: I hv always known dat reading big books does not mean a person is intelligent. see hw they want to commit suicide even when nature has tried to protect them by bringing the disease when they were on strike. for ur information foolish doctors. u dont have a cure so ur presence is just a means to spread it and it is likely airborne. use ur brains. wisdom is not gotten by cramming big books
if u were using ur brains u would know that the sine qua non to saving lives( which is d doctor"s responsibility)is not necessarily via providing a cure!!!!
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hazyfm: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zeus777: there is an IMPORTANT arm of medicine called supportive management . This is employed by doctors when definitive cure for an ailment still eludes mankind. And such managements saves lives evryday ..,,,, so now read u and ur friend"s post again and sincerely measure ur own shallowness!
U think d only way drs save lives if via having a CURE My friend u are a joke cheesy

[size=18pt]Supportive Management?? What are you saying?? Where you trained by a Doctor or a Herbalist??[/size]
Don't tell me you were taught this bull-shiit in school.
Supportive Management has nothing to do with treating a strange virus infected patient.
Visit the link below stop posting bullshits
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/supportive+treatment

Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
hazyfm:

[size=18pt]Supportive Management?? What are you saying?? Where you trained by a Doctor or a Herbalist??[/size]
Don't tell me you were thought this bull-shiit in school.
Supportive Management has nothing to do with a very treating a strange virus infected patient.
Visit the link below stop posting bullshits
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/supportive+treatment
i didn't Hv to visit ur link.,,, there is no point exchanging posts wt u since u obviously know nothing bout core medicine
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by hazyfm: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zeus777: i didn't Hv to visit ur link.,,, there is no point exchanging posts wt u since u obviously know nothing bout core medicine

grin grin grin grin grin EYAA... cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zeus777: i agree with u . Definitely nurses are quite important. Remove them from the johesu , let the other johesu go on strike for a hundred yrs and their absence in the hospital won't be felt

Mister man, We have a National health emergency on our hands, this is not time for ego-massaging, all healthworkers including environmental Health officers, Medical Lab. Scientists and phlebotomists, are threatened. It is my belief that if NMA members had been at work, this situation would have been worse than this. Patients would have filled our hospitals, coughing and sneezing thinking it's common cold and transmitting it to other patients and health workers. Physicians would have transmitted it to patients during physical examination and so on...

Quit reading what's on your payslip for now, we are not interested. Only VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED IN THIS FIGHT AGAINST EBOLA, THE LESSER THE CONTACTS THE BETTER FOR US ALL.Thank you.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Zeus777: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
dozzybaba:

Mister man, We have a National health emergency on our hands, this is not time for ego-massaging, all healthworkers including environmental Health officers, Medical Lab. Scientists and phlebotomists, are threatened. It is my belief that if NMA members had been at work, this situation would have been worse than this. Patients would have filled our hospitals, coughing and sneezing thinking it's common cold and transmitting it to other patients and health workers. Physicians would have transmitted it to patients during physical examination and so on...

Quit reading what's on your payslip for now, we are not interested. Only VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED IN THIS FIGHT AGAINST EBOLA, THE LESSER THE CONTACTS THE BETTER FOR US ALL.Thank you.
u don't get it. There are infectious disease consultants . They are doctors . The people u are referring to as volunteers are from Luth and lasuth ... They are infectious dx doctors they are part of NMA going out of their way right now to take care of the infected while they are at dsame time still on strike!!!
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zeus777: u don't get it. There are infectious disease consultants . They are doctors . The people u are referring to as volunteers are from Luth and lasuth ... They are infectious dx doctors they are part of NMA going out of their way right now to take care of the infected while they are at dsame time still on strike!!!

I got it, you were trying to bring in JOHESU-NMA politics as usual when we have greater issues of emergency. So it was necessary i made a point of order before it degenerates into a JOHESU-NMA duel. Let's be wise,it can not always be about payslips and stomachs all the time. Cheers.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by duni04(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zeus777: u are a blatant lier . I am currently at military hospital yaba (68NARHY).... It's d closest facility to mainland hospital yaba. Consultants(doctors) from lasuth and Luth are in there as we speak . U said u have acces to mainland hospital yaba?? So tell me what is the colour of the main gate of mainland hospital yaba... Lol .,, google can't help u with that!!
Who has ur time? We're here discussing serious issues and you're here throwing tantrums. Mtchewww angry
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by badesco(m): 6:06am On Aug 07, 2014
This is an after thought and moreso, some of them are already feeling the effect the strike action, i mean some of them are hungry.
Re: Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients by Sunofgod(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
omoadeleye:

shut the Bleep off, is everything about money? when soldier's is going to a war do they need to call you and join them? what's does doctor need is encouragement and motivation. at least they sacrifice their self to risk their life, but if they too don't wanna do it, what's the probality that they won't end up having it,? so I pray for a quick breakthrough of this virus, just always try to reason before you type...ok?

Your obviously not a Nigerian - I stand by my statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? / Woman Loses Hands And Legs To Illegal Butt Injection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.