Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Help!! S5 Get Fake?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!! S5 Get Fake?? (7074 Views)

Samsung S5's 16mp Camera Vs Tecno C8's 13mp. / Brandnew Apple Iphone 6 , Samsung S5 , Samsung Not4 , Htc One , Buy 2 GET 1 / Coming Soon!!! Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by ArxHead(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please folks using Samsung Galaxy S5 I need your guys help. I just bought a new S5 now but I wasn't sure it's the original one! I have noticed few things but I wanted to confirm from S5 users before I return mine to the dealer.

Please guys help me check if your S5 has the following things.

1. Does your IMEI start with 99

2. Does it have supersu factory installed.

3. It's your S5 written made in China if you open the back cover (I personally know that Korea doesn't do trade with the China so I wonder why it's written made in china)

4. It's your S5 model number written SM-G900P?? (I was surprise this model wasn't written in GSMARENA models of the phone)

Please, I need your help to verify these facts before I confront the dealer. Apart from all these, the phone looks exactly like S5 but there is no way you can tell a clone from the appearance.

Thanks.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by donlyone(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yes Naa, S5 get fake, even Michael Jackson get fake, them dey everywhere.

Supersu is for rooted phones, so from the info you posted I'd say the phone is 'used' since supersu is not pre installed in new samsung phones.

By the way, the model no you posted is for a branded s5 (sprint I think). Its on gsmarena . Check the link below.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_cdma-6338.php

Post your home screen for better examination.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Randerl: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
how much did u get it. Check the About And Post ScreenShot of the Status.

In short post screenshots of the pack and the phone.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Nsonaso(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
If you have a PC download MTK DroidTools, connect your phone to your PC and run it... It will help you determine if it's a clone or not
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Lexusgs430: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Download a simple app from playstore called phone info Samsung, and run a test.
It also gives you a lot of additional information about your device.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Osyxcel(m): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nsonaso: If you have a PC download MTK DroidTools, connect your phone to your PC and run it... It will help you determine if it's a clone or not

You don start with this your clone nonsense again. SMH

MTKDroidtools is for phones running on MTK. Who tell you say Samsung dey use MTK?
Dem no use am for dem budget phones not to talk of their Flagship Phone S5.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Rolly7: 1:05am On Aug 06, 2014
I do not think you have the original one.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by shadowwalker101: 1:47am On Aug 06, 2014
I dont think so
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Nsonaso(m): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2014
Osyxcel:

You don start with this your clone nonsense again. SMH

MTKDroidtools is for phones running on MTK. Who tell you say Samsung dey use MTK?
Dem no use am for dem budget phones not to talk of their Flagship Phone S5.

Dude the op want to know if his S5 is fake or Original....

Some Chinese company like HDC and gophone can clone a phone for you with MTK SoC but fake the hardware information to match with the original one so that you can't differentiate between the original and the fake except with a software.

Original S5 as I know it comes in 2 variant Qualcomm and Exynos-based SOC

if you run the Test and it detects MTK Soc then it means it's fake.... So what's your problem bro?

1 Like

Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Nsonaso(m): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2014
@OP beware of dealers who sell refurbished products in the name of new ones.... Buy from a dealer you trust

A guy reported he bought a refurbished BB from Jumia in the name of new one

I read it here in Nairaland.... You can search Jumia untold story.... I think that's the name of the tread
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by MARKone(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Op no even gree talk how much him buy im S5 grin
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by nani667: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
OP should just post screenshots and pictures if the supposed S5.... By thy pictures we shall know
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Anomnity: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sorry Op from your descriptions,you have a clones S5.You are enquiring too late.You should've enquired before buying.Some clones even come out before the real phone.So yes S5 has clones way back since its production.No new S5 comes rooted out of the box.

Presently I have 3 galaxy Note3 clones that look exactly like the real one & with single sim cards.I can easily sell it disguised as the real thing but conscience.So go back to the seller with police and ask for full refund.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Collinz2(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Download cpu-z to check. Original s5 is 4.4 qualcomm snapdragon with 2gb of ram. If cpu-z did nt show u all this then it is fake. And also all galaxy cn boot into download mode except china own. Hold volume down + home key + and power key. It wil get u 2 download mode. If it does nt, it is china.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Osyxcel(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nsonaso:

Dude the op want to know if his S5 is fake or Original....

Some Chinese company like HDC and gophone can clone a phone for you with MTK SoC but fake the hardware information to match with the original one so that you can't differentiate between the original and the fake except with a software.

Original S5 as I know it comes in 2 variant Qualcomm and Exynos-based SOC

if you run the Test and it detects MTK Soc then it means it's fake.... So what's your problem bro?

I understand the angle you are coming from though.
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Mustiboy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
I've seen the fake before it looks exactly just like the original one. London used though, but the guy told me 10k and i was like what! S5. That was my first suspect them i checked the phones ram and i saw 786mb remaining and 32gb used that was i knew that it was fake. I went to the next shop and i was told 38,000 for london used s5. That was when i knew that the first one i encountered was fake
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by ArxHead(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thank you all for your kind response. To answer some of you guys question. I bought the S5 for 90k from a dealer I trust until yday. He made me believe the discount was because the phone was not sealed but it is a brand new device. After posting this, I couldn't risk it cus 90k is involved here. I called the dealer right away and accused him from the on set he sold a fake S5 to me ...he didn't really argue as (I don't know if it's true) he said he doesn't honestly know the difference of which I said I'm returning it right away! He directed me to his house and returned it as at 10pm yday. I'm yet to get a refund as he is pleading I give him time to replace it or get me my initial choice (note 3).

Below, is the screenshot I tool of the phone prior to returning it. But from my further research the S5 might be an original S5 (CDMA version) perhaps the rooting app is for sim eligibility, I don't really know. But if I'm spending 90k on a phone, it must be perfect.

Thank you all

Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Collinz2(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
I think it mtk s5. (china)
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Abbey2sam(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
from the screen shot......i think it made in Beijing ................

its fairly original but not the main shyt
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by Collinz2(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Test if the finger print scanner is wrking
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by mrcjoe: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Op install cpu-z from playstore then screenshot the spec and upload here lets see
Re: Help!! S5 Get Fake?? by vanchi(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
www.Imei.info go here and type your imei number to verify authenticity

(1) (Reply)

The Fall Of Opera Mini.. Any Capable Replacement...??? / How To Cancel Auto-renewal On MTN Data Plans / Turn Wifi Only Ipad, Ipod Touch And Android Tablet To Phone,all 5 In 1 Gadget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.