Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality (2882 Views)

Crab Mentality / Nigerian Mentality / Annoying Nigerian Sayings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Suarezilla(m): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Below are afew of Nigerian mentalities I have come up with. 1. The emphasis laid on a MALE child: It doesn't matter how many girls u have except you have a male child it is assumed you are on the verge of oblivion.Its annoying and sad cos women who don't start child bearing with a male child are pressurised by inlaws and sometimes the husband to produce a male child or leave..this is so unfair. 2. Nigerian Girls Natural instinct and Addiction for Money and Exotics: Infact this is the most annoying one for me.Our girls and their attitude towards guys with wealth calls for attention. You r regarded too low by naija girls if you don't have a house and a car.This quest sometym land some of them in places they regret(some don't live to regret). For me this is a disease that has eaten into our ladies. Infact as soon as u chyk most naija girls u automatically become a paying machine. 3. You must Rush At Almost Everything You Do: Yeah,this is most common at a typical city bus/stop in naija e.g Lagos State where morning and evening rush for buses can make a foreigner think the world is coming to an end. In Lagos,you must rush to work,school,shop,games,..infact if u don't you r seen as someone that's dull. Feel Free to ADD Yours
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please do some little editing and spacing to make your work easy to read.

1 Like

Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Lorlaahlozz: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey: Please do some little editing and spacing to make your work easy to read.
Na follow I just dey follow u since mawin
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Na follow I just dey follow u since mawin

hehehe , nor go miss road o cheesy
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
asphalt8: Below are a few of Nigerian mentalities I have come up with.
1. The emphasis laid on a MALE child:
It doesn't matter how many girls u have except you have a male child it is assumed you are on the verge of oblivion. Its annoying and sad cos women who don't start child bearing with a male child are pressurised by in-laws and sometimes the husband to produce a male child or leave..this is so unfair.

2. Nigerian Girls Natural instinct and Addiction for Money and Exotics: In fact this is the most annoying one for me.Our girls and their attitude towards guys with wealth calls for attention. You are regarded too low by naija girls if you don't have a house and a car.
This quest sometimes land some of them in places they regret(some don't live to regret). For me this is a disease that has eaten into our ladies. Infact as soon as u chyk most naija girls u automatically become a paying machine.

3. You must Rush At Almost Everything You Do: Yeah,this is most common at a typical city bus/stop in naija e.g Lagos State where morning and evening rush for buses can make a foreigner think the world is coming to an end. In Lagos,you must rush to work,school,shop,games,..infact if u don't you r seen as someone that's dull. Feel Free to ADD Yours

Gbam !!! op oga follow
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Lorlaahlozz: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elantracey:

hehehe , nor go miss road o cheesy
lmao.......

Op..dah male child is noyt everywhere oo...especially in yoruba land there is no much pressure in having a male child
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Suarezilla(m): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Elantracey: Please do some little editing and spacing to make your work easy to read.
As long as u understand d write-up wat does it matter? undecided
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Suarezilla(m): 12:32am On Aug 06, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: lmao.......

Op..dah male child is noyt everywhere oo...especially in yoruba land there is no much pressure in having a male child
Interesting.....am hearing that for d 1st tym but frm the few yoruba people I hv known,a male child is cherished a lot..mayb some parts of yoruba aren't that demanding
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Lorlaahlozz: 12:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Suarezilla: Interesting.....am hearing that for d 1st tym but frm the few yoruba people I hv known,a male child is cherished a lot..mayb some parts of yoruba aren't that demanding
Not my part shaa
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by horlabiyi(m): 12:46am On Aug 06, 2014
With the way you arrange your topic,I don't see myself reading it.
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Suarezilla: As long as u understand d write-up wat does it matter? undecided

Just look at you , for information packaging matters , have your way tho.
Re: Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality by Suarezilla(m): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2014
Elantracey:

Just look at you , for information packaging matters , have your way tho.
Thank you...point noted!

(1) (Reply)

Back To Sender( Agbelepota Todaju) / Covid-19 / List Of Villages And Towns In Gbako Local Government By Aliyu Mantafien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.