Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? (2930 Views)

Pastor On Trial For 'Hate Crime' Of Calling Islam Satanic, 'Heathen' Not Guilty / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ok, so my head hurts every time I catch one of you so-called followers of Christ quotes [out of context] something Paul wrote. One of your repeat offenders claimed Cornelius was gentile. He was indeed. At least, as far as those dwelling in the Kingdom of Judah (Jews) were concerned. But he was no heathen. I will try and keep it short:

In this, I will go through all of Acts 10 - maybe in one sitting if I have time tonight. I will also show you Cornelius' background. He was an Israelite of the Northern Kingdom. Read on.

Verse 1: "There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band"

Ehen, so what. There were many Israelites throughout the Roman Empire that had foreign citizenship. Some examples:
1. Acts 18:2 "And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome"

2. Acts 22:25 "25 And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said unto the centurion that stood by, Is it lawful for you to scourge a man that is a Roman, and uncondemned?"

3. Luke 3:14 "And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages".

Here you see John teaching soldiers of Rome fro the law. And we know Yahshua and John the Baptist only dealt with their own people.

Acts 10:2 "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and p[b]rayed to God alway[/b]."

Hmm, where else have I seen one called devout? Guess that can help show what this devotion was in relation to..

Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there"

Verse 4: "And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God".

hmm, since when did the prayers of the heathen come up as a memorial before the Most High. Keep reading, I am going somewhere with this.

Acts 10:10-12 - YET ANOTHER MISUNDERSTOOD PASSAGE BY CHRISTIANS TODAY
"10And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

I have highlighted 'Vessel', and 'four corners' for a reason. I know today's Christians read only the new testament and psalms..and the OT when they need to condemn gays. I will show you why the bolded is important. It has a PRECEPT

Precept 1: Hosea 8:8 "Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure"

Precept 2: Deut 32:26 “I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men”

So it was not just random that you saw four corners and a vessel. Understand the OT, and you might one day make sense of NT.

Acts 10:13-14 - SO YOU THINK YOU CAN EAT SWINE
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

This is not the subject of the thread. I will write another on this. But let us pause here for a quick second. This is Peter we are talking about. You know, the guy who the Catholics say is the first Pope, and form which religion Christianity sprang from, many centuries later. IF YAHSHUA had given an oder saying all meats are clean for consumption, don't you think Peter (your Pope) would have got a copy of that memo? Pretty dumb verse for justification. But that's none of my business. Moving on:

Acts 10:15 “What God has cleaned, call thou not common”

Hmm. Ok, so what has God cleansed?

Ezekiel 37:23 “Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God”

The animals in the blanket represent men.

Notice this:
Verse 13 "..Rise, Peter; kill, and eat" - DREAM/Trance
Verse 20 "Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them" - REALITY

Acts 10:22 - WHAT IS A JUST MAN

22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

What is a Just Man? Let's see who else was 'just':
Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him."

So this guy Cornelius is a gentile who keeps the law and is of good report among the nation of the Jews. The former Northern Kingdom was not a Kingdom at this time. And of course, I will show this.

Acts 10:28 "Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean"

Ezekiel 37:22 " And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king [Yahshua] shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all"

The spread of the gospel unto the 'gentiles' therefore is the spread to northern Israel. To the Jew FIRST remember. Prior to this, the Jews had no dealings with any other nation, they were gentiles. See this example

John 4:7-9
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

WHO IS SAMARIA?
Isaiah 7:9 “And the head of Ephraim is Samaria”

In other words, the Kingdom of Judah (the Kingdom of the Jews), hath no dealings with the Ephraim (head tribe of the northern Kingdom). Some here would have you believe, at the time of Yahshua, Israel was one big happy family, where all those from the Assyrian captivity returned, rejoining their brothers. The prophets prove thou art a LIAR, and you are found wanting.

If in any doubt that she was in deed a descendant of Jacob, please see John 4:12 "“art thou greater than our father Jacob

What did John say about this:

John 11:51-52
“51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Scattered abroad? hmm, we know who was scattered, and who are his Children. Not the Edomite (Roman) Christians.
Ezekiel prophecies this coming together:

Ezekiel 37:19 "Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Acts 10:36 “The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley

Need I say more?

Acts 10:43 “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Who does this 'whosoever' apply to?

Acts 2:21 "21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth,..."

In Acts 2, who was there? The Jews. And yet, the pentecostal church thinks they sprang from this somehow.

Acts 10:45 "“And they of the circumcision [The Jews] which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

So Judah was surprised because the holy spirit came upon those of the northern Kingdom, and for centuries, they had not dealt with them. Despite Cornelius being a just man, according to the law, Peter still saw him as a gentile. This changed hereon out.

Remember John 7:35
34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.
35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

In other words, the Northern Kingdom whom he the Most High scattered among the gentiles, will he go to them, and teach those gentiles? So, as a collective, the northern Kingdom came under the umbrella of gentile.

Side note.What happened to those who lived among the gentiles?

2 Maccabbees 6:6-9
"Neither was it lawful for a man to keep sabbath days or ancient fasts, or to profess himself at all to be a Jew.
And in the day of the king's birth every month they were brought by bitter constraint to eat of the sacrifices; and when the fast of Bacchus was kept, the Jews were compelled to go in procession to Bacchus, carrying ivy. Moreover there went out a decree to the neighbour cities of the heathen, by the suggestion of Ptolemee, against the Jews, that they should observe the same fashions, and be partakers of their sacrifices:And whoso would not conform themselves to the manners of the Gentiles should be put to death. Then might a man have seen the present misery.

This is the Rome (Edom) from which modern day christianity sprang from.

Anyway I have typed a lot and it is late. Back tomorrow with more truth, and also to finish off Acts 10.

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by shdemidemi(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Couldn't finish reading, I will sure continue later. question for you though-

What is the difference between a heathen and a gentile?
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
shdemidemi: Couldn't finish reading, I will sure continue later. question for you though-

What is the difference between a heathen and a gentile?

Why don't you say what you want, you still snaking around with your questions.
A gentile is anyone out of covenant, so it can be the same thing. When I say heathen, I refer to you - those who are not of the elect seed, you shall serve Israel in the Kingdom, and you shall come and celebrate the feast of tabernacles with us, as prophesied. If you refuse, you know what will happen grin

John 7:35 "Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?"

In other words, will he go to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, and teach those gentiles. When they come back into covenant, they will no longer be gentile.

Ephesians 2:11-12
Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

All those words sound familiar. Oh yeah, the prophets talked about it.

Show me where any of the prophets said the Messiah would come to bring the heathen (foreign nations) into the covenant.

He is only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And this is the point where, like times past, you start with your usual gist about Paul and Peter having different assignments and agreeing to let each other operate their respective callings. lmao.
Heard it before. Not interested.

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by shdemidemi(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Answer the question and stop the unnecessary defence.

What is the difference between a gentile and a heathen?

I wld expect you to start with "a gentile is.......... and a heathen is ......"
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by shdemidemi(m): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Ephesians 2:11-12
Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Why stop at verse 12, what happened to 13-14?

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Can you find that in your bible?
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi:

Why stop at verse 12, what happened to 13-14?

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Can you find that in your bible?

Lol I'm reading that and wondering why that has you all shook up. About to go down the shdemidemi rabbit hole are you? lol. Have fun down there.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by shdemidemi(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol I'm reading that and wondering why that has you all shook up. About to go down the shdemidemi rabbit hole are you? lol. Have fun down there.

Whatever this means
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2014
The bible is as clear as noon day concerning the Cornelius issue. Cornelius was a GENTILE living outside the regulated covenant promises of the Jewish people. NO AMOUNT of scriptural gymnastics, twisting and manipulations can tell you differently. you don goof for this one op.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Bidam: The bible is as clear as noon day concerning the Cornelius issue. Cornelius was a GENTILE living outside the regulated covenant promises of the Jewish people. NO AMOUNT of scriptural gymnastics, twisting and manipulations can tell you differently. you don goof for this one op.

I did not say he was a Jew. He was of good report among the Jews for he kept the law, without being considered one of them.

He was of the fallen Northern Kingdom.

John 7:35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

That verse makes no sense to a modern day Christian. These 'christians' worship they know not what, but we of Israel, we know who we worship.
Gentile can be used, clearly, for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Or what do you think the prophets spoke of? The edomites/ammonites/hittites?

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=JesusisLord85]

I did not say he was a Jew. He was of good report among the Jews for he kept the law, without being considered one of them.
God noticed him, i don't think the jews took much note of him, did he build a synagogue for them?

He was of the fallen Northern Kingdom.
The bible didn't say that, they are your opinions.
John 7:35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

That verse makes no sense to a modern day Christian. These 'christians' worship they know not what, but we of Israel, we know who we worship.
Gentile can be used, clearly, for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Or what do you think the prophets spoke of? The edomites/ammonites/hittites?

Shalom
This your cut and join scripture sef..anyone can pick a verse of scripture and make it say what it want to say. Salvation is not of the jews, it came from the jews because Jesus Christ is a jew. Jesus made it clear to the Samaritan woman that you don't need to go to Jerusalem to worship God. God is a Spirit and his worshipers must worship him in spirit and truth.

This your fixation on jews don tire me sef. There is no jews, no gentile all are ONE MAN in Christ, God has made them to have access through Jesus when He died on the cross.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=Bidam][/quote]

God noticed him, i don't think the jews took much note of him, did he build a synagogue for them?

Acts 10:22 "And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee."

You are wrong here brother.

Salvation is not of the jews, it came from the jews because Jesus Christ is a jew
That's what you said. Yahshua said "salvation is of the Jews."

But let us expand a bit more on John 4

The Samaritan women told you in John 4:9 "for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans."
So while the Jews kept the law, the Samaritans, mixed with foreigners and were gentiles in every way. They were not one people. Period.

John 4:18-22
18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
[Can a woman of Judah do that and live? Many of Samaria were of the northern kingdom, some were not (2 Kings 17).

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
[Showing she was of Israelite descent]

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

It is clear you did not even read my post. I understand, that is the problem of our black people. Nobody likes to read. I understand when its people like shdemidemi and goshen, they spout out their opinions. Mine should be like reading the bible because i give you precept upon precept

Isaiah 28:10
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

I may write a thread of the history of Israel and Judah when time permits. Clearly, you christians are not getting the easy message on this.

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 10, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Acts 10:22 "And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee."

You are wrong here brother.

That's what you said. Yahshua said "salvation is of the Jews."

But let us expand a bit more on John 4

The Samaritan women told you in John 4:9 "for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans."
So while the Jews kept the law, the Samaritans, mixed with foreigners and were gentiles in every way. They were not one people. Period.

John 4:18-22
18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
[Can a woman of Judah do that and live? Many of Samaria were of the northern kingdom, some were not (2 Kings 17).

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
[Showing she was of Israelite descent]

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

It is clear you did not even read my post. I understand, that is the problem of our black people. Nobody likes to read. I understand when its people like shdemidemi and goshen, they spout out their opinions. Mine should be like reading the bible because i give you precept upon precept

Isaiah 28:10
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

I may write a thread of the history of Israel and Judah when time permits. Clearly, you christians are not getting the easy message on this.

Shalom
The point is salvation belongs to God, israel was a prototype of what God by extension wants to do to the whole world through his son Jesus Christ, read the whole book to get the picture of things not some selected verses. The law does not save man, only God can...it is as simple as abc..as for the cornelius you should stop reading letters and look at the Spirit behind what the letters are saying, like i told you before God is not interested in SHOWMANSHIP but the hearts of men, God took noticed of him because of his hunger for him not the jews.

Cornelius is a strong prayer and giver who operates in the realm of consistency and generosity in the things of God, his spiritual hunger for God broke all cultural barriers and psychological limitations to make nonsense of your insinuations that God is only the God of the Jews. even Peter had to admit that God is no respecter of persons. so stop saying God is only for the Jews...these are figments of your imaginations..The NEW COVENANT far supersedes the old one and is built upon better promises.

Can you explain these scriptures?
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.GAL 3.

But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,… Ephesians 2.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2014
Bidam: The point is salvation belongs to God, israel was a prototype of what God by extension wants to do to the whole world through his son Jesus Christ, read the whole book to get the picture of things not some selected verses. The law does not save man, only God can...it is as simple as abc..as for the cornelius you should stop reading letters and look at the Spirit behind what the letters are saying, like i told you before God is not interested in SHOWMANSHIP but the hearts of men, God took noticed of him because of his hunger for him not the jews.

Cornelius is a strong prayer and giver who operates in the realm of consistency and generosity in the things of God, his spiritual hunger for God broke all cultural barriers and psychological limitations to make nonsense of your insinuations that God is only the God of the Jews. even Peter had to admit that God is no respecter of persons. so stop saying God is only for the Jews...these are figments of your imaginations..The NEW COVENANT far supersedes the old one and is built upon better promises.

Mostly your own opinions, again. Almost sounds like something you might here from one of those obscene american blasphemers like John Hagee.

Can you explain these scriptures?
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.GAL 3.

Lol.

1. The so-called Greeks spoken of here are those Jews who live in Greece.

Read this, and get insight.
2 Maccabbees 2:1-9

1 Not long after this the king sent an old man of Athens to compel the Jews to depart from the laws of their fathers, and not to live after the laws of God:

2 And to pollute also the temple in Jerusalem, and to call it the temple of Jupiter Olympius; and that in Garizim, of Jupiter the Defender of strangers, as they did desire that dwelt in the place.

3 The coming in of this mischief was sore and grievous to the people:

4 For the temple was filled with riot and revelling by the Gentiles, who dallied with harlots, and had to do with women within the circuit of the holy places, and besides that brought in things that were not lawful.

5 The altar also was filled with profane things, which the law forbiddeth.

6 Neither was it lawful for a man to keep sabbath days or ancient fasts, or to profess himself at all to be a Jew.

7 And in the day of the king's birth every month they were brought by bitter constraint to eat of the sacrifices; and when the fast of Bacchus was kept, the Jews were compelled to go in procession to Bacchus, carrying ivy.

8 Moreover there went out a decree to the neighbour cities of the heathen, by the suggestion of Ptolemee, against the Jews, that they should observe the same fashions, and be partakers of their sacrifices:

9 And whoso would not conform themselves to the manners of the Gentiles should be put to death. Then might a man have seen the present misery.

[quote/]But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,… Ephesians 2.
[/quote]

Remember brother. Precepts!! Stop getting carried away.

Who was formerly far off? Northern Israel.
Barriers? Well, the Kingdom was rend into two. Judah and Ephraim (the head of the 10 tribes of the northern Kingdom).
"two in one..." hmm. THAT sounds rather familiar.

Dost thou read the prophets? Dost thou get precepts? Or dost thou think like a gentile and create fantasies? Even Enoch spoke of these things sir:

Ezekiel 37 is your precept!
Verses 16-19

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

All praise to the Most High for His truth, spoken through his prophets. For this, we (true Israel) cannot be fooled by vain philosophies which lack precept.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Show us your precepts next time. If you have none, chances are, you totally misunderstood brother. And you have in this case.
It is well. The Most High is adding to those in the truth daily. I am believing the 'christian' scales on your eyes will also be removed, as mine were not so long ago.

Shalom Brother.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Mostly your own opinions, again. Almost sounds like something you might here from one of those obscene american blasphemers like John Hagee.

NO they are not my opinions but what the word of God says and i have never heard hagee said those words but if he did i guess we have the same Spirit of Faith then.
Lol.

1. The so-called Greeks spoken of here are those Jews who live in Greece.
Now these are your opinions. cheesy
Read this, and get insight.
2 Maccabbees 2:1-9

1 Not long after this the king sent an old man of Athens to compel the Jews to depart from the laws of their fathers, and not to live after the laws of God:

2 And to pollute also the temple in Jerusalem, and to call it the temple of Jupiter Olympius; and that in Garizim, of Jupiter the Defender of strangers, as they did desire that dwelt in the place.

3 The coming in of this mischief was sore and grievous to the people:

4 For the temple was filled with riot and revelling by the Gentiles, who dallied with harlots, and had to do with women within the circuit of the holy places, and besides that brought in things that were not lawful.

5 The altar also was filled with profane things, which the law forbiddeth.

6 Neither was it lawful for a man to keep sabbath days or ancient fasts, or to profess himself at all to be a Jew.

7 And in the day of the king's birth every month they were brought by bitter constraint to eat of the sacrifices; and when the fast of Bacchus was kept, the Jews were compelled to go in procession to Bacchus, carrying ivy.

8 Moreover there went out a decree to the neighbour cities of the heathen, by the suggestion of Ptolemee, against the Jews, that they should observe the same fashions, and be partakers of their sacrifices:

9 And whoso would not conform themselves to the manners of the Gentiles should be put to death. Then might a man have seen the present misery.

Remember brother. Precepts!! Stop getting carried away.

Who was formerly far off? Northern Israel.
Barriers? Well, the Kingdom was rend into two. Judah and Ephraim (the head of the 10 tribes of the northern Kingdom).
"two in one..." hmm. THAT sounds rather familiar.

Dost thou read the prophets? Dost thou get precepts? Or dost thou think like a gentile and create fantasies? Even Enoch spoke of these things sir:

Ezekiel 37 is your precept!
Verses 16-19

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

All praise to the Most High for His truth, spoken through his prophets. For this, we (true Israel) cannot be fooled by vain philosophies which lack precept.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Show us your precepts next time. If you have none, chances are, you totally misunderstood brother. And you have in this case.
It is well. The Most High is adding to those in the truth daily. I am believing the 'christian' scales on your eyes will also be removed, as mine were not so long ago.

Shalom Brother.
Sorry i am not interested in reading Maccabees, you've already deviated and are saying what scriptures isn't saying, i wish you good-luck in this your so called journeys but i do not wish you God's speed. shalom too.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bidam: NO they are not my opinions but what the word of God says and i have never heard hagee said those words but if he did i guess we have the same Spirit of Faith then.
Lol.

Now these are your opinions. cheesy
Sorry i am not interested in reading Maccabees, you've already deviated and are saying what scriptures isn't saying, i wish you good-luck in this your so called journeys but i do not wish you God's speed. shalom too.

Lol dost thou have a problem with Maccabbees?
Show me a false verse. You are just following the hogwash handed down to you.

Hope you come out of this confusion soon enough.

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol dost thou have a problem with Maccabbees?
Show me a false verse. You are just following the hogwash handed down to you.

Hope you come out of this confusion soon enough.

Shalom
Lol, you don't even know me and you are talking like this. If God could clear me off the hogwash handed to me by islam at age 22, then i am happy to embrace the so called perceived hogwash you envisioned about the 66 canons of scripture. I'd rather stick to the Holy Spirit who i know far better than your lies here. grin
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bidam: Lol, you don't even know me and you are talking like this. If God could clear me off the hogwash handed to me by islam at age 22, then i am happy to embrace the so called perceived hogwash you envisioned about the 66 canons of scripture. I'd rather stick to the Holy Spirit who i know far better than your lies here. grin

Lol, from one confusion into another. It is well.
"66 canons of scripture given by Edom"..
Chai. Lets not go down THAT route.
Run along now
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol, from one confusion into another. It is well.
"66 canons of scripture given by Edom"..
Chai. Lets not go down THAT route.
Run along now
Ok thanks, if it makes you sleep well at night, we know how those who went ahead like you ended.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bidam: Ok thanks, if it makes you sleep well at night, we know how those who went ahead like you ended.

Let me ask you, what do you think Ezekiel 37 is speaking of?
Or Jeremiah 3:14-18 (precept for Matthew 24:36-44
Or Ezekiel 11:17-20

Plenty more. Dost thou the prophets are abolished, as thou falsely thinkest there is no law (though, conveniently, you still observe tithing. lol, you must be a pastor)

Go read precepts, and meditate on the law and the prophets.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Let me ask you, what do you think Ezekiel 37 is speaking of?
Or Jeremiah 3:14-18 (precept for Matthew 24:36-44
Or Ezekiel 11:17-20
You have started to prevaricate rather than answer the simple scripture i gave you earlier. KEEP claiming the land which does not belong to a gentile like you.A true Jew is not a Jew “after the flesh” but a Jew “after the Spirit”.

“ For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29 AV)

Plenty more. Dost thou the prophets are abolished, as thou falsely thinkest there is no law (though, conveniently, you still observe tithing. lol, you must be a pastor)
Another foolish sentiments. I don't teach tithe as a law but as a principle that is voluntary based on the spirit of scripture.
“ The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.” (Psalms 110:4 AV)

“ For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.” (Hebrews 7:14-17 AV)
I give my tithes to Jesus order of melchizedek not your mosaic priesthood that is dead and obsolete.
“ And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16 AV)
Ofcos we know by revelation that the Israel Paul refers to here is above and NEVER earthly.

“But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.” (Galatians 4:26 AV)

“ But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,” (Hebrews 12:22 AV)

FACTS:

1.The Levitical priesthood and tabernacle were only shadows and copies of the reality that Jesus would fulfill. Therefore, this system is inferior to the priesthood of Jesus.

2.The second covenant is superior to the first covenant. With Jesus we have a restored relationship with God, a covenant that is from the heart, a covenant that requires knowledge of the Lord, and brings forgiveness of sins.

3.The second covenant is superior to the first covenant. With Jesus we have a restored relationship with God, a covenant that is from the heart, a covenant that requires knowledge of the Lord, and brings forgiveness of sins.

4.We cannot go back to any aspect of the first covenant and declare those laws binding. The first covenant has been set aside, annulled, and made obsolete.

Thank God for the book of Hebrews which you are afraid to quote that has exposed your follies here. Shalom.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bidam: You have started to prevaricate rather than answer the simple scripture i gave you earlier. KEEP claiming the land which does not belong to a gentile like you.A true Jew is not a Jew “after the flesh” but a Jew “after the Spirit”.

“ For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29 AV)

Another foolish sentiments. I don't teach tithe as a law but as a principle that is voluntary based on the spirit of scripture.
“ The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.” (Psalms 110:4 AV)

“ For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.” (Hebrews 7:14-17 AV)
I give my tithes to Jesus order of melchizedek not your mosaic priesthood that is dead and obsolete.
“ And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16 AV)
Ofcos we know by revelation that the Israel Paul refers to here is above and NEVER earthly.

“But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.” (Galatians 4:26 AV)

“ But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,” (Hebrews 12:22 AV)

FACTS:

1.The Levitical priesthood and tabernacle were only shadows and copies of the reality that Jesus would fulfill. Therefore, this system is inferior to the priesthood of Jesus.

2.The second covenant is superior to the first covenant. With Jesus we have a restored relationship with God, a covenant that is from the heart, a covenant that requires knowledge of the Lord, and brings forgiveness of sins.

3.The second covenant is superior to the first covenant. With Jesus we have a restored relationship with God, a covenant that is from the heart, a covenant that requires knowledge of the Lord, and brings forgiveness of sins.

4.We cannot go back to any aspect of the first covenant and declare those laws binding. The first covenant has been set aside, annulled, and made obsolete.

Thank God for the book of Hebrews which you are afraid to quote that has exposed your follies here. Shalom.

Lool see this man. He did not bother to read my original post, asking questions which shows you obviously skimmed it. You keep quoting like an idiot, with no precepts. I am tired of you. But my spirit tells me to keep declaring the truth to you, you just might understand one day.

Ok, by God's grace, hopefully this week I will find time to start a new thread to break down the lies you have been sold.

It is well. I was once blind like you are. It requires a humble man to unlearn all the nonsense he has been filled with.

I shall return. But in mean time, read that Ezekiel over and over again, and the others I told you about.

Note there are books by fake jews of today that actually expose they are not the true Jews. There are bible verses that will show you gentiles are in the land. That is not even the most important thing.

The important thing is that you think you are going to enter the kingdom of God all defiled, choosing which laws you want. Not going to happen.

Shalom
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bidam:
FACTS:

OH. And I just notices these 'four' facts, though I see a duplicate.
But anyway. Dost thou have any precepts?
Or is one just claiming facts?

Show thy precepts or forever shut thy mouth.lol
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bidam: You have started to prevaricate rather than answer the simple scripture i gave you earlier. KEEP claiming the land which does not belong to a gentile like you.A true Jew is not a Jew “after the flesh” but a Jew “after the Spirit”.

FACTS:

Haha, the Book of Hebrews has you confused also I see.

Thank you for quoting Psalms. Well done.

Now. The teaching here, which you are ignorant of, is that Yashua is the permanent salvation sacrifice (Day of Atonement) and that His priesthood is part of a heavenly priesthood based in the heaven lies. This started with Adam and was passed through the "first born son" (or one more deserving than the first born, i.e., Seth, Shem, Jacob).
It is this aspect of the priesthood and role of the High Priest that has changed during the Day of Atonement.
But even then, God's original intention was for the first born of each family to continue acting as a priest, and we know this was corrupted by the sin of the golden calf, and only then was it given to the Levites.
The first Covenant was not in itself corrupt. It was the sin of the people, (who made the promise to follow the Law), that caused it to be considered corrupt (Hebrews 8:cool.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I[b] will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah[/b]:

The new (renewed) Covenant, is essentially the same Covenant. It is "different" primarily in that it is based not on the promise of sinful men, but on the better promise of the Messiah, whose priesthood is eternal (Hebrews 5:6-9, 7:20-22, 8:6). Yashua's death did not do away or change other parts of the Law, including the rest of the sacrificial system, which is for reconciliation, and not salvation.

But don't worry, sacrificial system will return, and the Ezekiel and Revelation tells us that. But you say all that old stuff is dead and obsolete. LOL

I have a question, since you glorify in being a gentile - though you are not, stop being foolish.

Which of the 12 gates to the City are you going to enter through. You know each gate has the name of one of the 12 tribes.
Were you 'adopted' into Naphtali perhaps?
lol

This is a book for Israel.
How the disgusting romans got hold of the book and rebranded it, is rather hilarious. What is shocking is we have negroes to day believing this nonsense.

Pele
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
JesusisLord85:

OH. And I just notices these 'four' facts, though I see a duplicate.
But anyway. Dost thou have any precepts?
Or is one just claiming facts?

Show thy precepts or forever shut thy mouth.lol
Sorry, it was a typo error, i didn't manufacture the facts out of thin air but the bible, you should do well to read before replying.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Haha, the Book of Hebrews has you confused also I see.

Thank you for quoting Psalms. Well done.

Now. The teaching here, which you are ignorant of, is that Yashua is the permanent salvation sacrifice (Day of Atonement) and that His priesthood is part of a heavenly priesthood based in the heaven lies. This started with Adam and was passed through the "first born son" (or one more deserving than the first born, i.e., Seth, Shem, Jacob).
It is this aspect of the priesthood and role of the High Priest that has changed during the Day of Atonement.
But even then, God's original intention was for the first born of each family to continue acting as a priest, and we know this was corrupted by the sin of the golden calf, and only then was it given to the Levites.
The first Covenant was not in itself corrupt. It was the sin of the people, (who made the promise to follow the Law), that caused it to be considered corrupt (Hebrews 8:cool.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I[b] will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah[/b]:

The new (renewed) Covenant, is essentially the same Covenant. It is "different" primarily in that it is based not on the promise of sinful men, but on the better promise of the Messiah, whose priesthood is eternal (Hebrews 5:6-9, 7:20-22, 8:6). Yashua's death did not do away or change other parts of the Law, including the rest of the sacrificial system, which is for reconciliation, and not salvation.

But don't worry, sacrificial system will return, and the Ezekiel and Revelation tells us that. But you say all that old stuff is dead and obsolete. LOL

I have a question, since you glorify in being a gentile - though you are not, stop being foolish.

Which of the 12 gates to the City are you going to enter through. You know each gate has the name of one of the 12 tribes.
Were you 'adopted' into Naphtali perhaps?
lol

This is a book for Israel.
How the disgusting romans got hold of the book and rebranded it, is rather hilarious. What is shocking is we have negroes to day believing this nonsense.

Pele
i already quoted scripture that believers existence is heavenly...we are just carry an earthly clothe here, how you refuse to address those scripture about inward Jew and a heavenly jerusalem beats me. And you should stop quoting revelations to your destruction, the book is full of symbolic codes and languages that is far above your pay grade to decipher. The 12 gates do no represent physical Israel but Spiritual Israel. For your info the Book of hebrews mentioned Christ as being superior to the prophets( Heb 1:1-3) the angels( Heb 1:4-2:18) even Moses that u cherish so much( Heb 3:1-19) Joshua, Aaron and all the levitical priesthood(Heb 4:1-14), the OT( Heb 10:39) and the OT saints ( Heb 11:1-12:3)... So as far as i am in Christ i am greater than all these including John the baptist the forerunner of Christ.

The book of hebrew is the doctrine of Christian superiority over judaism which you want to lapse back into...you might do well to pay earnest attention to it.

It was actually Hebrews 8:13 that called the first covenant obsolete not me, pls read it again. It is folks like you it was written to who think judaism is superior to christian and are doubtful about their salvation because they needed to see the substance and purpose of ceremonial religion rather than rest their Faith in the Finished work of Christ.

If you go back to judaism, you are actually an apostate and have insulted the spirit of grace.Shalom.
Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by shdemidemi(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Apt and concise response ^^^^

1 Like

Re: Cornelius Of Acts 10. Hebrew Or Heathen? by JesusisLord85: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Bidam:

If you go back to judaism, you are actually an apostate and have insulted the spirit of grace.Shalom.

What was Yahshua? Jew or Christian?

What was Paul?

What was Peter?

By Paul's actions, it is clear he kept the law. He even took an oath to prove it. And yet, you interpret his words to mean otherwise. You ought to think him a mad man if that be your interpretation.

Apostate blah blah. spirit of grace. The end times speaketh of Israel only, and the 12 tribes. No mention of a free-for-all.
Anyway, this truth is not for all. One third of Israel shall be saved.

(1) (Reply)

Why Christianity And Islam Is Not Suitable For Modern Nigeria / Atheism FAQ - For Atheists And Theists / 10 Mysterious Alledgedly Alien Artifacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.