Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... (1434 Views)

Cheat Ing Men Dont Need Prayers. They Need To Be Kicked To The Curb / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by bigemmmybig(m): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2014
A man who murdered his girlfriend's two-year-old daughter after becoming
frustrated at her soiling herself has been jailed for at least 17 years.
Dean Harris, 20, kicked Amina Agboola so hard that she was thrown 6ft
across the room at her home in Yaxley, near Peterborough.
The force of the blow was so severe that it tore her liver in two, his trial at
Cambridge Crown Court. Paramedics described finding her lying 'like a rag
doll'.

Harris, who had been in a relationship with the girl's mother for just five
months, was left alone with the toddler in November last year despite
warnings from social workers that he was dangerous because of a history of
domestic violence.
He was found guilty of murder earlier this year and was today jailed for life
with a minimum term of 17 years, Cambridgeshire Police said.
Speaking afterwards, Amina's father, Reuben Agboola, said: 'I am pleased with
the sentence Dean Harris has received today. However the grief feels like it
has no end.
'I think about Amina constantly. I still cry every day.

Amina Agboola's mother Sarah Raqueman was taking her oldest child to
school when it happened

'I go through the motions of living but inside I am somewhere else thinking
about my daughter all the time.
'No one understands the pain except those people who are experiencing it. My
heart reaches out to every parent on earth who is suffering the loss of a child.'
Amina's mother, Sarah Racqueman, was acquitted of causing or allowing the
death but admitted two other charges of neglect relating to other children.
She was given a suspended sentence earlier this month.
The trial heard Amina was found to have had a number of other injuries,
including an untreated broken wrist.
Detective Inspector Alan Page said: 'This was a horrendous case.
'There can be no justification for using violence against any child and Harris
will have to deal with the consequences of his actions for the rest of his life.
'While no sentence can ease the pain felt by Amina's family, hopefully they will
now be able to start moving on with their lives.'

Amina Agboola, two, was found injured and like a 'rag doll' at her home near
Peterborough after paramedics were called on November 21 last year

vibesngist..com/2014/08/two-year-old-girl-was-kicked-to-death.html?m=1

Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by emeralddayo(f): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2014
that was brutal...rip to the cute baby
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2014
thats what happened when women shack up with mad men, get warned about these mad men, but yet disregard the warnings and leave their child alone with such evil man.
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by DickDastardly(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Chain his two hands and legs. Fly him to Liberia, and drop him on top of an EBOLA infested dead body. And he will be fine.
What nonsense

1 Like

Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by TV01(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2014
MRbrownJAY: thats what happened when women shack up with mad men, get warned about these mad men, but yet disregard the warnings and leave their child alone with such evil man.
The truth is, that abuse and violence against children is estimated at about 6-7 times as frequent where one of the two "parent figures" is non-biological. Sure, some step-parents are fantastic, and mum/dads new "partner" can be great, but the fact remains, in such situations children may be subject to everything from "mad men" to "wicked stepmothers".

The traditional family still offers the best outcomes for children (and indeed their mothers).

BeFoReTM

TV
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2014
TV01:
The truth is, that abuse and violence against children is estimated at about 6-7 times as frequent where one of the two "parent figures" is non-biological. Sure, some step-parents are fantastic, and mum/dads new "partner" can be great, but the fact remains, in such situations children may be subject to everything from "mad men" to "wicked stepmothers".

The traditional family still offers the best outcomes for children (and indeed their mothers).

BeFoReTM

TV

i would understand that, but if someone warns you about the dangers (of the said mad man) and you disregard them..... thats what i cant seem to understand.
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by TV01(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

i would understand that, but if someone warns you about the dangers (of the said mad man) and you disregard them..... thats what i cant seem to understand.
I totally get you, and it's both simple and complex.

The call is for individual control and self-autonomy. Nobody can deny this woman "her right" to choose who she is intimate with. Her body is hers, to do with as she likes.

And the way women are wired means that some of the "dangerous traits" exhibited by this "mad man" will actually be attractive.

Afterall, why was she not charged? If indeed she cannot be denied her right to consort with whom she likes, surely she cannot refuse her responsibility to make her childrens welfare paramount? Most especially after she had been warned? Is that not at least culpable neglect?

If one knowingly drove a car with faulty brakes and someone died, would they go free? Or if they were aware of any other "hazard" they were responsible for sorting out and didn't, which then led to injury or death, would they not be charged.

So we are left to lament the needless death of another black child.

TV
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2014
^^ I rarely agree with you but I agree on this one. The mother should not have been acquitted of causing the death of the child. She should have been charged with negligent homicide.
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by Ariyke: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2014
carefreewannabe: ^^ I rarely agree with you but I agree on this one. The mother should not have been acquitted of causing the death of the child. She should have been charged with negligent homicide.
True talk bt wait the boyfriend is 20undecided

1 Like

Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by bigemmmybig(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
was she blinded by d so called L O V E dat she disregarded warnings frm ppl n decided not to investigate? hmmmm......SMH,

Dey say love is blind sha grin
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by royalregal(f): 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
we live in a wicked world.. undecided
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by dre11(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
royalregal: we live in a wicked world.. undecided

the world is no wicked......
But we the humans decide to magnified wickedness to its highest standard because we fail to recognise small details that we could do to aviod those wicked actions and people around us

the woman fails to yield to her 6th sense and voice of reasoning because she was blinded by pleasure and not real love

1 Like

Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2014
Kaiii see the cute girl.. sad
But what the hell is wrong with that lady? 20yrs?!!
Re: Two-year Old Girl Was Kicked To Death By Mother's Boyfriend... by bigemmmybig(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
mystiqueDZ: Kaiii see the cute girl.. sad
But what the hell is wrong with that lady? 20yrs?!!

BLIND love or lust jst sayin wink

(1) (Reply)

I Have Just Lost My Job - What Can I Do Now? / Woman Caught Grinding Her Husbands Friend In Hotel Room. / Relationship: Are You His Friend Or Girl-friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.