Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1190 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by livingstone2013: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: . by bolaino(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
livingstone2013: Dear nairalanders,
I write with a great depression cause I am so frustrated with. my life. Nothing seems to work for me. Since I. passed out of Nysc a year ago, I have actively search for a job but can't seem to get it. I feel worthless, idle and unproductive. I can't seem to fathom why things. don't work for me. I studied hard in the University in order to graduate with. a good grade (2.1) in Economics so that I can better my life after graduation and be useful to my family. But life seems to keep knocking me down. My siblings no longer regard me due to my joblessness. God knows I don't want to end up as a looser. I have ypassed aptitude tests of companies like consobrew, mansard, shell, punch etc and got to the interview stage. After the final stage, I won't be contacted. I guess 'man know man' things in place. No job, why not start a business? I am broke and have no capital to finance my business idea.
Sometimes, when I think of my life, I feel so depressed and frustrated. Please help me with a decent job to kick start my life again.
God will see you through, being a Man is never easy, hold on and be strong, things will definitely get better.
Re: . by remecy(f): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
@ livingstone, we understand how you feel but one year is not enough for you to start feeling anyhow. IT IS NOT FAR BUT HOW WELL. If you know how to pray pls always do. GOD PASS THEM ALL. never be discouraged but pray whenever you feel depressed it works. One day you family will look up to you. remember that the rejected stone always become the coner stone only if you belive. IT WILL BE WELL.

2 Likes

Re: . by hushmail: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: . by thorpido(m): 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
^^^Check out the link above and try to take something out of it.
Take away thoughts of suicide for now.One year of joblessness and you want to give it all up?There are people who have been in this for two years and more.
White collar jobs may not come fast but you can trade and start up a small bizness.There is a gift in you so explore it.
Re: . by livingstone2013: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
I appreciate the comments. Its motivating me to believe .
Re: . by MizMyColi(f): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
Very ^^^ helpful comments on here. imho Mr livingstone needs to change his thought process and understand that it all begins and ends in the mind.

Your mind is the Battlefied sir.
I read in a bible sometime ago that "He that hath no rule/control over his spirit(mind inclusive) is like a city without walls.
I also read "Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it springs forth the ISSUES of Life"

You need to reprogram the eyes of your mind (more like your vision) to see as God sees for you, because whether you still believe or not, whether, you care or not, irrespective of your past, present and future mistakes, all He's ever desired to do is bless you and prosper you and fill you with His peace and joy even as you go through the journey of life.

Lemmee ask you: What's your vision for your life?

Vision is what you have become as a result of what you are focusing on. A clear vision backed by definite plans, gives you tremendous feeling of confidence (even when you're yet to get there) and personal power.
Vison becomes what you are now by virtue of what you are seeing.

It then adds up to say that, if you are seeing yourself as a colossal failure, then that's what you are now,BUT I refuse to believe that about you. I believe that you, Mr Livingstone are:
- A success
- The Best of your kind
- A life giver (that's why taking your life isn't even an option)
- A good man and husband
- The Father of World changers

Do you believe these few truths about yourself? Its okay if you don't right now, but you need to believe them and many other desires you have. You can do so by confessing them out loud regularly. Bring every thought under subjection, if it doesn't align with your hearts desires flush them out. Keep repeating these words "I have rule over my thoughts and my spirit" - "I have all it takes to attract my dream job or source of income". You could add more as you deem fit.

In a nutshell:
- SEE
- BELIEVE
- BECOME
- PRACTICE
- MANIFEST

All the best, Dear Sir. All the best

smiley

Tag: Livingstone2013

1 Like

Re: . by chiefinalowo: 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
livingstone2013: Dear nairalanders,
I write with a great depression cause I am so frustrated with. my life. Nothing seems to work for me. Since I. passed out of Nysc a year ago, I have actively search for a job but can't seem to get it. I feel worthless, idle and unproductive. I can't seem to fathom why things. don't work for me. I studied hard in the University in order to graduate with. a good grade (2.1) in Economics so that I can better my life after graduation and be useful to my family. But life seems to keep knocking me down. My siblings no longer regard me due to my joblessness. God knows I don't want to end up as a looser. I have ypassed aptitude tests of companies like consobrew, mansard, shell, punch etc and got to the interview stage. After the final stage, I won't be contacted. I guess 'man know man' things in place. No job, why not start a business? I am broke and have no capital to finance my business idea.
Sometimes, when I think of my life, I feel so depressed and frustrated. Please help me with a decent job to kick start my life again.

One year is too short to be frustrated, please. I wish you the best.
Re: . by livingstone2013: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
@chiefinalowo, I don't think one year is too small. I have expectations and responsibilities. My siblings look up to me to improve the financial situation of the family and also make plans to settle down. How can I achieve all this without having any source of income?
Re: . by uglyogre(f): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
i console you for what you're passing through and believe that you'd come out truimphantly. No matter how tough what you're going through is, i want you to know that it'll surely come to pass. Tough times don't last but tough people do. i want you to go, hunt and do watever your hand finds to do, no matter how small so as to put food on table. Sometimes we have to start small to get to where God wants us to be(God cud just restore all the wasted years). Believe me, you don't want to hear my story. it's one of grace to grass that almost led me to the grave. Even anti-depressant drugs couldn't help me but you know what, i chose to live and fight again. There's always light at the end of the tunnel. There re those positioned to take you to the place of your dreams. i pray you find them.
this too will pass.

1 Like

Re: . by livingstone2013: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please, I need a job. I am struggling to survive.
Re: . by okirewaju(f): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
OP why not apply for teaching jobs, at least it is one of the easiest job to get at the moment in Nigeria

At least you will be able to leave the house in the morning and return later in the day while you still search for other jobs

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
@op, this is a good time for you to get a teaching job. Start little, you will get there. I have seen graduates who are not even lucky enough to fail interviews cos--they were not lucky enough to pass tests!

With a little touch, you can improve on yourself and perform better at interviews. For all you know, it may be all you need to land that job.

Best of luck and don't give up.
Re: . by luvablesam(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
candy: @op, this is a good time for you to get a teaching job. Start little, you will get there. I have seen graduates who are not even lucky enough to fail interviews cos--they were not lucky enough to pass tests!

With a little touch, you can improve on yourself and perform better at interviews. For all you know, it may be all you need to land that job.

Best of luck and don't give up.

U really spoke what I had in mind to say. Meanwhile Only look for a teaching job if u have the flair to teach not just outta frustration. Wishing u the best.
Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Just keep on the positive outlook and I know all will be well. One of the challenges I read from your post is that you feel your siblings are disregarding you because you don't have a job but I feel it is just your emotions that is telling you such as that may not be the case. Walk up to good private schools and see if you can get a teaching job for a start.

(1) (Reply)

Share Ya Story About Waking Up And Think Evening Was Morning / 10 Unbelievable Ways You Never Knew You Could Get Pregnant / Bathroom And Grooming Hacks To Make Your Life Easier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.