Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,170 members, 7,852,982 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why Do Government Jobs Take Forever To Conclude... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Government Jobs Take Forever To Conclude... (876 Views)

419 Federal Government Jobs- Please Beware / Government Jobs In Education Sectortor / Federal Government Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Government Jobs Take Forever To Conclude... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
I have been following some government jobs for sometime now, why do these govt jobs take very long to conclude? Although I still hear rumors that people get employed secretly everyday into these govt agencies but the ones that are made public are left just like that...
I think one big achievement a Senator can do now is to sponsor a bill that will give a time limit to recruitments into govt agencies... Like say for 3months... Even the 6weeks given for application process into these agencies is too much for me, yet after the 6weeks we still wait forever before hearing from them...
This has made me to start thinking if the govt is really concerned about unemployment in Nigeria. We know they can't employ everybody, but when they start a process, they shud be fast in concluding it so that the unsuccessful ones will take their minds out of it...
Let me take NIS as an instance, this job was advertised Sept 2013, we only heard from them March 2014, that was 7months, the exam was not properly conducted, was cancelled and a committee was appointed to oversee a fresh one, since march still one is 5months, put together is 12months which is one year, yet it hasn't even started and we haven't heard anything. All the Minister and the CG have come out to say is that the committee will SOON complete its assignment... Why haven't we hear from the committee itself or from our beloved President who gave the deadline. However, this delay is not for NIS alone, this have been happening in all govt parastatals since time immemorial...
Please my fellow Nairalanders, what could be the causes of these delays... Is 3months not enough to determine the best candidates for vacancies?
I wish the National Assembly will come up with such idea and put a limit to the time a recruitment should take, it will do us a lot of good, so when we apply, we will know when we are getting the job or letting it go...
Re: Why Do Government Jobs Take Forever To Conclude... by Atyodos: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
God bless u my broda, check up Federal Civil Service Commission of last year August 2013, no news uptil nown.

(1) (Reply)

Sales Representatives/ Marketer Needed Urgently- Lagos Office / Vacancies In Osun State / Experience Private Driver Urgentlly Wanted In Chevron Estate Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.