Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request (1067 Views)

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request by continentalceo(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
In the wake of this deadly Ebola Virus disease spreading like wildfire across West Africa, Nigerian President has called for urgent need for the supply of Zmapp, an experimental drug used in treating Ebola in monkeys that worked for two American doctors that contracted the virus while working in Liberia but the US has turned down his request.

Obama said he can’t supply the experimental drug to any country for now because more testing needs to be done.

As we speak another five cases of Ebola virus infection has been reported in Lagos following the death of a matron who had primary contact with the Liberian man who allegedly brought the virus into the country.

A source said the company making Zmapp drug have problem producing larger quantities since they do not have more Ebola patients over there.

Why can’t Africans find a solution to this Ebola case. I believe there are better trained medical practitioners in Africa than other developed countries but the number one problem ravaging Africa is corruption.

Instead of investing money to develop Africa, our leaders are busy looting.

God help Nigeria, God help Africa.

http://naijagists.com/nigeria-asks-us-for-ebola-treatment-drug-zmapp-obama-turns-down-request/

Re: Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request by hushmail: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
what is good 4 d geese shld b good 4 d ...

Dem use am 4 oyibo bt no go use am 4 nija

chei chei diaris god ooo!
Re: Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request by lilprinze: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
i dnt knw y we cnt also sit down and find or discover our own cure by our self mst dy help us. Africa should stp depending on America and oder countries 4 every tin dy should learn to b independent.
Re: Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request by continentalceo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
lilprinze: i dnt knw y we cnt also sit down and find or discover our own cure by our self mst dy help us. Africa should stp depending on America and oder countries 4 every tin dy should learn to b independent.

Blame it on the bad system my brother. when we cannot have common steady power, Nah Ebola cure we won find?...Abegi! Its only God that will help us
Re: Nigeria Asks US For Ebola Treatment Drug Zmapp, Obama Turns Down Request by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dear Nairalanders please sign the petition. It is by a doctor and his name is Ahmed Tejan-Sie MD and he wants us to get the FDA (USA) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. This petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters.

I am pleading to all Nairalanders to support this noble cause, don't joke with this problem called Ebola. We remember the massive amounts of deaths that SARS caused in south east asian countries, please let us support this cause, it takes only 1 minute... just 1 minute to sign and please invite your friends to sign the petition. We would all live long to play with our grandchildren and great-grandchildren amen!

Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here RIGHT NOW - DON'T POSTPONE THIS:

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

PS: PLEASE ALSO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THE PETITION.

(1) (Reply)

Panic As A Passenger Declares He's Ebola Infested On A Flight In The US / My Baby's Food / How Does Honey Work To Help Wound Healing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.