Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. (9638 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / Top 5 Cities In Nigeria Bypopulation / What are the top 5 Beutiful Women in Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by Douglasdale(m): 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Based on my extensive travels both as a Undergraduate and as an NYSC member, I have had the privilege to travel thru all the cities in The south East bar a few and I have come to the conclusion that this area is indeed blessed with both Natural and Human resources. The igbos are a hardworking and resourceful people and have built their cities with their sheer determination and sweat.
Here is the Top 5 cities in The south East.
1. ENUGU. Undoubtedly, ENUGU is the nuber one city in the South East. It boasts of world class infrastructures matched by few other cities in Nigeria. From excellent road networks, clean environment, low pollution rate, a National Stadium, An International airport, most nollywood locations, 2 shopping malls, classy hotels, bars, niteclubs and lounges, a sprawling residential area, huge markets, Industrial areas etc. Its has everything. I always have that buzz when I visit ENUGU.

2. OWERRI. What can I say about this City that you haven't heard off? Clean, planned and currently enjoying a facelift. A stadium, An Airport (2nd busiest in the SE), Standard Library, Shoprite undergoing contruction, Aladinma mall, Classy residential area, An International Conference centre, 4 higher institutions, Classy hotels, lounges and bars, the best night life. I always love owerri cos of its ambience and good looking people.

3. Awka. Good city too, good residential areas, a National University, a private uni, good night life too. Still. Fairly young city growing on the shadows off Onitsha.

4. Aba. Basically business district, poor infrastuctures, huge market servicing the Country, poor amenities... But has huge potentials.

5. Onitsha. A port city, huge business area, a brewery, few classy neighborhoods(33 etc) largest market, but suffering from poor planning and over population. Too many slum areas (woliwo, fegge and mgbuka obosi. Huge piles of refuse litter the city and high level of crime.
Re: Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by hushmail: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
whats d bases of ur classification?

no matter what u base ur classification on,

i beg to differ
Re: Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by tsleazy(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
hushmail: whats d bases of ur classification?

no matter what u base ur classification on,

i beg to differ
didn't he explain it ...
Re: Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by hushmail: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
tsleazy: didn't he explain it ...

did he?

I read something like ... Here is d 5 top cities ...
Re: Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by Douglasdale(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
I just explained too you why I came up with that conclusion. You can add ur opinion of u feel otherwise.
Re: Top 5 Cities In The South East Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Douglasdale: Based on my extensive travels both as a Undergraduate and as an NYSC member, I have had the privilege to travel thru all the cities in The south East bar a few and I have come to the conclusion that this area is indeed blessed with both Natural and Human resources. The igbos are a hardworking and resourceful people and have built their cities with their sheer determination and sweat.
Here is the Top 5 cities in The south East.
1. ENUGU. Undoubtedly, ENUGU is the nuber one city in the South East. It boasts of world class infrastructures matched by few other cities in Nigeria. From excellent road networks, clean environment, low pollution rate, a National Stadium, An International airport, most nollywood locations, 2 shopping malls, classy hotels, bars, niteclubs and lounges, a sprawling residential area, huge markets, Industrial areas etc. Its has everything. I always have that buzz when I visit ENUGU.

2. OWERRI. What can I say about this City that you haven't heard off? Clean, planned and currently enjoying a facelift. A stadium, An Airport (2nd busiest in the SE), Standard Library, Shoprite undergoing contruction, Aladinma mall, Classy residential area, An International Conference centre, 4 higher institutions, Classy hotels, lounges and bars, the best night life. I always love owerri cos of its ambience and good looking people.

3. Awka. Good city too, good residential areas, a National University, a private uni, good night life too. Still. Fairly young city growing on the shadows off Onitsha.

4. Aba. Basically business district, poor infrastuctures, huge market servicing the Country, poor amenities... But has huge potentials.

5. Onitsha. A port city, huge business area, a brewery, few classy neighborhoods(33 etc) largest market, but suffering from poor planning and over population. Too many slum areas (woliwo, fegge and mgbuka obosi. Huge piles of refuse litter the city and high level of crime.
OP? Haba no pix atall

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Hidden Talent ? / Tag And Answer / Strange And Unusual Dates This Year, October Stands Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.