Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients (3069 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 6:41am On Aug 08, 2014
I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory Technologist) and, I am still willing to help... I have written to many top government health agencies through their website and still waiting on their response.
I will really love to work with anyone or group working on any medication for preventions or cure of the diseases or to help take care of Ebola patients.
I wouldn't mind to travel to any African country where the disease has killed lots of people.
#This is not a public stunt!
I just want to contribute my quarter in order to curtail this 'epidermic'
#Somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hands
I'm currently working in a private research laboratory and, I'll just love to volunteer.
Should anyone here have any information or link, please help!

I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread and possibly, to find a the remedy for the disease.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?

5 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by amiskurie(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Abeg sir,when u reach home kindly help me tell my granny I'm not coming home anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by sainty2k3(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Go to the infectious disease hospital at Yaba, see d admin department. They'll guide u
Or apply for volunteer job at doctors beyond border

2 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by ITbomb(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2014
The Federal Ministry of Health is now collecting herbal samples from Doctors who claim to have cures, you can collaborate with them or any of those Nigerian Doctors already doing research on it.

2 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
ITbomb: The Federal Ministry of Health is now collecting herbal samples from Doctors who claim to have cures, you can collaborate with them or any of those Nigerian Doctors already doing research on it.
That sounds so easy ...
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by BodyKiss(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2014
amiskurie: Abeg sir,when u reach home kindly help me tell my granny I'm not coming home anytime soon.

Low or no demand of your kind is what we need in this country.

3 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by OkekeChristian(m): 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thank you for your kindness.

I think you should try to visit the contact of someone from the Ministry of Health.

Visit their webpage, contact them, and let's hope something happens.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
OkekeChristian: Thank you for your kindness.

I think you should try to visit the contact of someone from the Ministry of Health.

Visit their webpage, contact them, and let's hope something happens.

Cheers!
getting such contact is the ishh
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by OkekeChristian(m): 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
1stola:
getting such contact is the ishh

Try their twitter page.
Last I checked, it's fairly up-to-date.
https://twitter.com/HealthNG
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
OkekeChristian:

Try their twitter page.
Last I checked, it's fairly up-to-date.
https://twitter.com/HealthNG
wow!
Good place to begin with.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by egopersonified(f): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
1stola, hope you have written your will. #justsayingohh.
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified: 1stola, hope you have written your will. #justsayingohh.
Don't be negative!
I need people's support on this, somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hand.
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by egopersonified(f): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
1stola:
Don't be negative!
I need people's support on this, somebody just have to do something before this thing gets out of hand.

I'm in full support, like yr signature, u are really living up to it, all the best.

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by OkekeChristian(m): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified: 1stola, hope you have written your will. #justsayingohh.

Shey it's all the doctors treating it that has died ni? sad

Ego, I know you're not pessimistic, but the tongue (keyboard here) is powerful, you know. wink

2 Likes

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by pendusky(m): 6:06am On Aug 11, 2014
1stola: I'm a Nigerian and a Medical Practitioner (Laboratory Technologist) and I will love to volunteer in order to curtail the Ebola epidermic. I wouldn't also mind to travel to any African country where the virus has killed lots of people.
Seriously, I'm not just trying to seek attention here.
I'm also currently doing a research on how prevent the spread and possibly, the remedy.
Please, who knows how I can go about it?
drop ur email.or phone number with me let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
pendusky:
drop ur email.or phone number with me let's start from there.
oyusuf@mail.com
or
1stola@mail.com
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by egopersonified(f): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
OkekeChristian:

Shey it's all the doctors treating it that has died ni? sad

Ego, I know you're not pessimistic, but the tongue (keyboard here) is powerful, you know. wink

Thanks for putting me in line, just stated what I (and I believe some others) was (were) thinking.

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by Onegai(f): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
I'm trying to raise fund so we can make sure 100 packs of latex gloves go out to each GH this week and increase the amount to hopefully 1000. Also looking for good hand sanitisers with 60% alcohol (beginning to see cheap stuff from Dubai and China). If not, we provide methyl spirit.

I'll need some engineers to look at the construction of Autoclave machines and figure out if they can rig a local one. We need to incinerate all disposables that healthcare workers use.

For the rest of us, do outpatient treatment at hospitals. Insist on your nurses and doctors using gloves, even if it's to check your temperature (see why you should buy some for them??), protect yourselves.

We also need to start Blood drives, as I'm hearing they're managing our patients in this outbreak the same way they manage Hep B patients (blood transfusions, keeping the immune system strong, Vit K). So who knows any reputable health clinic who does blood donations?

For the rest of us, get bleach and disinfect your homes. Educate everyone to bath after public places. Feel free to pressure yourself and your neighbours and your churches to donate food and water to Mainland Hospital, Yaba (the isolation wards are there). Let us take care of those at the forefront of this "conflict" grin

#Defcon1ModeActivated

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by mindurbiznes: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Onegai: I'm trying to raise fund so we can make sure 100 packs of latex gloves go out to each GH this week and increase the amount to hopefully 1000. Also looking for good hand sanitisers with 60% alcohol (beginning to see cheap stuff from Dubai and China). If not, we provide methyl spirit.

I'll need some engineers to look at the construction of Autoclave machines and figure out if they can rig a local one. We need to incinerate all disposables that healthcare workers use.

For the rest of us, do outpatient treatment at hospitals. Insist on your nurses and doctors using gloves, even if it's to check your temperature (see why you should buy some for them??), protect yourselves.

We also need to start Blood drives, as I'm hearing they're managing our patients in this outbreak the same way they manage Hep B patients (blood transfusions, keeping the immune system strong, Vit K). So who knows any reputable health clinic who does blood donations?

For the rest of us, get bleach and disinfect your homes. Educate everyone to bath after public places. Feel free to pressure yourself and your neighbours and your churches to donate food and water to Mainland Hospital, Yaba (the isolation wards are there). Let us take care of those at the forefront of this "conflict" grin

#Defcon1ModeActivated
general purpose
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by hazyfm: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
amiskurie: Abeg sir,when u reach home kindly help me tell my granny I'm not coming home anytime soon.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [size=28pt]NIGERIANS!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2014
Anyway forward yet? WHO! UNICEF!
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by OkekeChristian(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2014
1stola: Anyway forward yet? WHO! UNICEF!

Have you made any headway yet?
Re: I will LOVE to Volunteer to Take Care Of EBOLA Patients by 1stola: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2014
OkekeChristian:

Have you made any headway yet?
Not really o.
All applications still pending...

(1) (Reply)

Hibberium Small Chop For Events / The Benefit Of Defender Capsule / COVID-19 Update For October 13 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.