Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! (20703 Views)

NMA Strike Update!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
he had been impeached b4 naw sef

2 Likes

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by kabba7(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
vibrio: Reproduced below is the resignation:

CLARIFICATION
There has been request for clarification about the two postings from NMA secretariat on NMA blog.
I want to make it categorically clear that I stand by every letter of the document I signed-"THAT THE STRIKE WAS SUSPENDED". And since upon my INTEGRITY AND HONOUR,I cannot continue to drive the doctrine that "STRIKE CONTINUES",I hereby tender my letter of Resignation as NMA president.
WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN,I HAVE WRITTENA
Sir,Dr Kayode OBEMBE

CONGRATULATIONS AT LEAST FOR ONCE SOMEONE HAS RESIGN FOR INTEGRITY
POST FOR GOOD REASON

2 Likes

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Mbediogu(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
enodamade: Na wa oooo. NMA president Dr Kayode Obembe has resigned. I smell conspiracy

Doctors can handle their issues, whatever is involved. Lets watch the unfoldment. NMA is an association of noble men and women. Dont speculate, dont interfere.
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by badesco(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Tell us the source of your info.
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Debonair01: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
THE ENTIRE PAGE 1 IS MOSTLY FULL OF PPLE TALKING TRASH, SAYING HE IS RUNNING AWAY FROM THE THE VIRUS.

WHEN DOES RESIGNING AS NMA PRESIDENT MEAN HIM STOPPING TO BE A DOCTOR? sad
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by iiiyyyk(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chai, the economy n difficult situation of this country is realy telling on the psyche of nigerians.

If Drs can be acting so dishounorably like this, what do u expect agburus to do.
I expected them to have used this opportunity of this Ebola national emegency to supend the selfish egocentric strike, pretend to have the people at heart, for now, so that next time the public will sypathise with them.

This shi.t can only happen in jona presidency.

1 Like

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
hazyfm: Was expecting this...
Now Lets fight EBOLA
U and who? angry
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by gnews: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
Heard they wanted to impeach him and some executive for trying to take side with the Federal govt. Also heard they collectd money too.
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by enodamade: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
kazmanbanjoko: Pls, how does that concern me.
Then you shut up
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by vibrio(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
kabba7:
CONGRATULATIONS AT LEAST FOR ONCE SOMEONE HAS RESIGN FOR INTEGRITY
POST FOR GOOD REASON

There is no integrity in his resignation.
During the EDM(emergency delegate meeting) of
6th August,Dr Obembe without regards to the delegates unilaterally called off the strike while meeting was still in progress. He subsequently worked out on the delegates to make a press briefing. He was immediately suspended and impeachment plans were about to be commenced when he came back in and apologize d to the delegates who reinstated him.
It's very likely that the doctors will not accept "this resignation" on the grounds that it was improperly done,and he could face impeachment.

1 Like

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by adorable29(f): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
Shame Shame Shame on Nigerian doctors. Some of you lot are selfish greedy and don't have human hearts! Being a doctor is a noble, selfless and an honorable venture! But the Nigerian doctors would rather their patients (especially the poor who can't afford good quality private hospitals) die over money and ego!

This period of Ebola fear when our country needs you, the EXPERTS, the most, you chose to continue your arrogance even tho its a very serious matter which can affect even your loved ones. Abroad, doctors don't go on strike but "take a walk"! They understand how essential their service is. But this days, Nigerian doctors strike more than lecturers!

What ever happened to the oaths you took to save lives....

Please the upcoming generation of youths should not just fill medcine in jamb form cos they want to be called "doctors". Being a doctor comes with the passion to save lives and not just money money money!

Am really pissed off right now. Abeg you people should resume to help curtail this scourge at least and after it is controlled, you can go back to your incessant strikes!

1 Like

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by phantom(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
adorable29: Shame Shame Shame on Nigerian doctors. Some of you lot are selfish greedy and don't have human hearts! Being a doctor is a noble, selfless and an honorable venture! But the Nigerian doctors would rather their patients (especially the poor who can't afford good quality private hospitals) die over money and ego!

This period of Ebola fear when our country needs you, the EXPERTS, the most, you chose to continue your arrogance even tho its a very serious matter which can affect even your loved ones. Abroad, doctors don't go on strike but "take a walk"! They understand how essential their service is. But this days, Nigerian doctors strike more than lecturers!

Please the upcoming generation of youths should not just fill medcine in jamb form cos they want to be called "doctors". Being a doctor comes with the passion to save lives and not just money money money!

Am really pissed off right now. Abeg you people should resume to help curtail this scourge at least and after it is controlled, you can go back to your incessant strikes!
grin grin grin.....tell your government to do the right thing madam.

abroad, doctors don't strike because they are paid well,work in well equipped hospitals and don't have a government that doesn't keep to agreements.
do you know one of the doctors in Lagos who is infected is AT HOME. he quarantined himself. he tried calling the emergency numbers. those calls were not answered so he quickly informed us ,his colleagues, on Facebook that he's getting weaker and has not been given appropriate care.
he is the kind of doctor Nigerians love so much but alas he's been abandoned to face his wahala alone.

please we are creating awareness of his situation anyway we can.

please if you can lend your voice on Twitter.thanks
#SavedoctorMk
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by jesutofunmi13(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
NMA president resigns over strike
suspension controversy
AUGUST 8, 2014 BY SUNDAY ABORISADE
Leave a Comment
President of the Nigeria Medical Association,
Dr. Kayode Obembe, has resigned from office.
Obembe in a statement on Friday, maintained
that he stood by his action to suspend the
nationwide strike which his members
embarked upon since July 1.
The Ex-NMA boss, in his three-paragraphed
letter, however, appeared to have been
frustrated out of office.The letter reads,
“There has been a request for clarification
about the two postings from NMA secretariat,
on the NMA blog.“I want to make it
categorically clear that I stand by every letter
of the document I signed – That the strike was
suspended.“And since upon my integrity and
honour, I cannot continue to drive the
doctrine of ‘strike continues’, I hereby tender
my letter of resignation as NMA
president.“What I have written, I have
written.” It will be recalled that Obembe in a
communique signed by him on Thursday,
announced the suspension of the NMA’s
nationwide strke with immediate effect.The
communique which was issued after the
group’s Emmergency Delegate Meeting held in
Abuja cited the recent outbreak of Ebola Virus
Disease, as part of the reasons for its
action.Obembe also said the need to attend to
victims of insurgency especially those affected
by the incessant bomb blasts, also informed
its decision.Besides, the doctors
acknowledged the personal intervention of
President Goodluck Jonathan, on the matter,
since the strike started on July 1.It also noted
that the Federal Government has met most of
its 24 demands and issued about 10 circulars
on the matter in the last one month.It further
noted that the government has promised
payment of its relativity and skipping within
the next four working days.The communique
reads in part; “Due cognizance was taken off
the efforts of the Senate, House of
Representatives, Governors, Ministers and top
government officials in resolving the
problem.“The pains, pangs, groans and cries
of 170 million Nigerians cannot continue to
be ignored.”

www.punchng.com/news/strike-suspension-nma-president-resigns/
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by armadeo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
adorable29: Shame Shame Shame on Nigerian doctors. Some of you lot are selfish greedy and don't have human hearts! Being a doctor is a noble, selfless and an honorable venture! But the Nigerian doctors would rather their patients (especially the poor who can't afford good quality private hospitals) die over money and ego!

Please we are looking for volunteers to assist in battling this Ebola scourge. I admire your spirit and passion for the masses. We don't need only health personnel, anyone can assist, there's always something to be done

You are also offered life insurance in case.

FMOH.

1 Like

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
...poorly written resignation letter !
He addressed the letter to nobody, the heading of the letter says clarification instead of resignation !
The letter should be rejected and he should be impeached .
I wonder why he was reinstated self after the initial suspension ...Never give a betrayal a second chance !
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Another twist to the new, the so called resignation letter has been withdrawn and Obembe still remain NMA president.
Source @nmanigeria.

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by jmann: 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Na wa o!
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
hensben: Ebola things!!! he should just retire from government work from there and focus on his private hospital

All what they know is just to sit in the office and be receiving salary,looting treasury, no extra research/work.

We dont need cowards.
mind what you say
Obembe is NOT a civil servant, he run his own private clinics and have RETIRED from clinical practice.
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by hensben(m): 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
joker5180: mind what you say
Obembe is NOT a civil servant, he run his own private clinics and have RETIRED from clinical practice.
okay i understand now
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by enodamade: 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
badesco: Tell us the source of your info.
I got first hand info from NMA I'm a doc bro well u can check the news
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 09, 2014
cliffm43: USELESS YEYERUBA MAN,HE TELL ALL THE DOCTORS TO GO HOME,NOW HE HAVE RESIGNED.....WHY DID HE BETRAY OTHER DOCTORS?THAT IS YEYERUBA FOR YOU

Lmao!
This must be the opposite version of the 5.0 I.Q guy. grin cheesy
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 09, 2014
phantom: grin grin grin.....tell your government to do the right thing madam.

abroad, doctors don't strike because they are paid well,work in well equipped hospitals and don't have a government that doesn't keep to agreements.
do you know one of the doctors in Lagos who is infected is AT HOME. he quarantined himself. he tried calling the emergency numbers. those calls were not answered so he quickly informed us ,his colleagues, on Facebook that he's getting weaker and has not been given appropriate care.
he is the kind of doctor Nigerians love so much but alas he's been abandoned to face his wahala alone.

please we are creating awareness of his situation anyway we can.

please if you can lend your voice on Twitter.thanks
#SavedoctorMk

I tell for this Naija if you try do hero you'll end up OYO and will be like a MUMU...
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by amedave(m): 6:15am On Aug 09, 2014

Lady plssss stop the ranting do u know why NMA are on strike? I think the pharmacist say they want to head medical team, Ebola is a good test let the floor open, were are the med lab scientists? check the ranting and insult by most people on pages of NMA strike. Nigerians just jump into what they don't have an ideal. plsssssss if you so want to help you can be a volunteer
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
enodamade:
Then you shut up
must yu reply me back?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by adorable29(f): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
amedave: Lady plssss stop the ranting do u know why NMA are on strike? I think the pharmacist say they want to head medical team, Ebola is a good test let the floor open, were are the med lab scientists? check the ranting and insult by most people on pages of NMA strike. Nigerians just jump into what they don't have an ideal. plsssssss if you so want to help you can be a volunteer

You see some Nigerian medical doctor's mentality ...... Soooo MYOPIC! Give me my bidding or People will die.... Same mindset as a terrorist I tell you! Abi I lie?

Medical doctors are leaving the comfort of their ebola free countries to assist us in our own compound! The google-malaria-Nigeria doctors we have here are busy having cat fights with paramedics. I can't even deal... Spits
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by amedave(m): 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
adorable29:

You see some Nigerian medical doctor's mentality ...... Soooo MYOPIC! Give me my bidding or People will die.... Same mindset as a terrorist I tell you! Abi I lie?

Medical doctors are leaving the comfort of their ebola free countries to assist us in our own compound! The google-malaria-Nigeria doctors we have here are busy having cat fights with paramedics. I can't even deal... Spits
go get a jamb form fill medicine, if you have so much passion
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by enodamade: 1:00am On Aug 11, 2014
amedave: go get a jamb form fill medicine, if you have so much passion
You go face death cos u got the passion and if they r Google malaria whatever y r u clamoring that they resume. *vomits*
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by Chienex24(m): 3:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Over ebola?
Re: NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! by sartorius(m): 6:39am On Aug 11, 2014
resignation letter has been withdrawn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For September 8 2020 In Nigeria - (3,909 Tested) / Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know / 82 Die In Baghdad COVID-19 Hospital Fire (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.