Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Phone Drop In Water; Learn To Save It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Phone Drop In Water; Learn To Save It (767 Views)

Learn To Fix Phones, Decoders And Laptops As A Technician In One Month / What Do You Do When Your Phone Falls In Water!!?? Find Out Now! - 3 Easy Steps / Unable To Save A Pdf File-help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phone Drop In Water; Learn To Save It by dotun4luv(m): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
Did your phone mistakenly drop in water like my Nokia touch? Or by the virtue of accident, your phone drop in water? Did your phone drop in your food while cooking like a friend phone dropped in beans while stirring it some years back? Whichever way; either your phone drop in water or your phone drop in toilet or in sink while washing plate or probably you phone got wet because of rain, you don't need to bother yourself anymore neither do you need to pay an Engineer any penny before you can revive your phone from the damage, this post will teach you how to save your phone when drop in water.

The first thing to take note when your phone drop in water is that smartness can go a long way to help you to save the phone from damage.

The following are first aid to your phone when drop in water.
1. Remove your phone from water or from the said liquid substance that its dropped into.
Must Read: How to Transfer SMS and MMS from Android to iPhone
2. Play maturely by not pressing anything on the phone. I know is not easy but you afford not to press anything from the phone at that moment, such as;
Don't turn it "ON" if it's "OFF" already
Don't try to navigate through if it's not off yet
Pressing any key is very dangerous to the phone's health
Let the phone be for a while
3. Remove the phone battery: If the phone is not like HTC One V that uses panel as it battery, try to remove the battery and separate the battery from the phone at the moment
4. If you use pouch with the phone, remove the pouch and place it vertically to get pivoted by external tools to avoid the water from getting into other sides which it has not gotten to
5. Some part of the device is removable, such as memory card, SMS card, hand-free and the like, and then remove them from the phone.
6. Don't attempt to blow air into the phone for the sake of drying the water within as this will spread the water more than necessary
7. After removing all the removable part, keenly make use of your clean towel to mob part of the phone that are accessible for your
8. I would advise you don't lose the phone to avoid more damages for now
9. It’s now time to dry your phone from within. You have used towel to drop the accessible part, what about the inaccessible part? Now, let find means to have that done
9.1 Make use of Vacuum: Blowing air into the phone is not ideal if you really want to revive your phone that drops in water. Make sure you are smart when using vacuum so that you will not scratch the phone or rather create a static charge the so called vacuum
9.2 Drop in rice: Drop phone in rice is one of the best ways to dry phone that drop in water is to insert in an un-cooked rice. It's not compulsory you have a bag of rice, jus the quantity you can afford, insert the phone into the rice and zip the bag.
9.3 Get a phone dry pouch: Had it been you have prepared for this incident ahead, you can make use of phone dry pouch to help you dry the phone inaccessible part and if however you don't prepare for this, you make this a budget for time to come.
10. Wait for Hours: Now, after the above steps, you will have to wait for some hours for the phone moisture to be completely dried. I can understand how in haste you might be to be connected once again but it's advisable to have it done once and for all.
11. Verify The Phone Moisture: After some hours, don't couple the phone external part yet, scrutinize the phone to see whether there is still some moisture's within it, if there is any, continue with drying and if not, couple the phone back, external part inclusive.
12. Attempt to Power "ON": Now, you can make an attempt to power on your phone. Listen carefully to the power on sounds if there is any irregular sound. Cross check the screen and see if it's working perfectly. If it doesn't power on, get another battery to test it whether the existing one has got spoiled and if you cannot afford to get one from your neighbour, you can connect the charge whether it'll get connect and if it does, wait for some minute to see whether it will function without charger (Battery only).
I think by now, if your phone drop in water, you should be able to have back to live now!

http://adetechblog.com/phone-drop-water-save/
Re: Phone Drop In Water; Learn To Save It by Drniyi4u(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
nice write up!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Way Of Making Money Online In Nigeria / How To Make My Windows Interface More Interesting?? / I Need A New Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.