Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,690 members, 7,827,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. (1124 Views)

Ebola Could Return To Nigeria In December - Dr Haliru Alhassan (health Minister) / Ebola Could Be A Strategy To Reduce Human Population / Ebola Could Be Airborne ! ! ! Find Out How - Canadian Scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by dhardline(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2014
Since we have all been told to avoid handshakes,hugs,unnecessary body contact and wash our hands regularly to limit the spread of this deadly virus,why has nobody said anything about the taking of holy communion which is like directly kissing hundreds of people in a second?I think we should avoid it for now or the church should provide straws for the congregation to help limit the spread.as they say 'prevention is better than cure'.happy sunday.
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by halfcurrent(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2014
Absolutely correct!!!!.... how come no one ever thought of this? Front page please!!
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by dhardline(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2014
halfcurrent: Absolutely correct!!!!.... how come no one ever thought of this? Front page please!!
Its very important people take note of this o cause it will spread more if care is not taken.
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2014
It has to be abolished in all churches for now, until the last ebola victim dies and is buried.

Even though I know nigerians dem no de carry last dem Get sence they will not drink the holy Zobo.
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by dhardline(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2014
GAZZUZZ: It has to be abolished in all churches for now, until the last ebola victim dies and is buried.

Even though I know nigerians dem no de carry last dem Get sence they will not drink the holy Zobo.
bros some go still wan drink am then chop the bread séf as if its breakfast.
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by EnterPRO: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2014
you mean y'all drink from the same cup?
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by dhardline(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
EnterPRO: you mean y'all drink from the same cup?
most times but not all d time
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by purplesummer(f): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
angry
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by purplesummer(f): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
People who drink from the same cup really have to stop. It's so not hygienic even without the presence of Ebola virus. embarassed
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by Sageez(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
dhardline: Since we have all been told to avoid handshakes,hugs,unnecessary body contact and wash our hands regularly to limit the spread of this deadly virus,why has nobody said anything about the taking of holy communion which is like directly kissing hundreds of people in a second?I think we should avoid it for now or the church should provide straws for the congregation to help limit the spread.as they say 'prevention is better than cure'.happy sunday.
u de fear to die for church?
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by stinggy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
purplesummer: People who drink from the same cup really have to stop. It's so not hygienic even without the presence of Ebola virus. embarassed
Hmmmm
but if I can kiss her, why can't I drink from her cup?

1 Like

Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by purplesummer(f): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
stinggy:
Hmmmm
but if I can kiss her, why can't I drink from her cup?
Lol. I mean the entire congregation drinking the communion wine from the same cup. You wouldn't want to kiss 200 mouths (eeew!) in the church, would you?
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
What church does that?
purplesummer:
Lol. I mean the entire congregation drinking the communion wine from the same cup. You wouldn't want to kiss 200 mouths (eeew!) in the church, would you?
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by purplesummer(f): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Unibenstudent: What church does that?
An Anglican friend of mine told me they do it although the rim of the cup is wiped with a napkin each time a person takes a sip
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
End time things,baby., get your bags ready
purplesummer:
An Anglican friend of mine told me they do it although the rim of the cup is wiped with a napkin each time a person takes a sip
Re: Another Way Ebola Could Spread Even More Today. by stinggy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
purplesummer:
kk, thought that was a general hygiene talk and not about the communion.
Well, most churches now use small cups where members just pick and gulp its contents. Although, orthodox churches like mine still use the big cup.
btw, how was service today?

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: No Single Ebola Case In Nigeria As Oau Student Tests Negative / Difference Between Lean Muscle And Bulk Muscle – Know Your Body Type / 5 Worst Foods For Type 2 Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.