Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

A Plot With The Shadow. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Plot With The Shadow. (568 Views)

The Shadow Of Death Whispers In The Dark / -shadow Of Love- / 'In The Shadow Of A Saint' By Ken Saro Wiwa's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Plot With The Shadow. by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2014
A mini-story.
All rights reserved.

nicholas a dark bulky Man in his early thirties, broad shoulders with a reckless handsome features which the ladies dim sexy and hot'
Dressed in a summer shirt and blue jeans, with an italian timberland boots, mounted the stairs leading to his fathers attorney, Mr smith. Leisurely.

With a carefree rap at the door, without waiting to be ushered in, worked into the office.

Hello smith' he said as he sat down comfortably and proceeded to light a cigarette which he brought out from its pack.

Youngman'smoking is prohibited in My office.
Mr smith a dark fat Man in his early fifties said' in disgust. He disliked nicholas, the second son of Don simeon, his client and a CEO of Don simeon's conglomerate, which attracted both national and international clients.
Nicholas was arrogant and vicious, unlike his elder brother jason' who was clearly and opposite of him.

Spare Me the cliche' Papi' las said as he lighted the cigarette in-between his lips.

Puffing leisurely he admired the office' I tell you what Papi' you are living large.
Courtesy of My father's affluence' he grinned arrogantly.

What do you want nicholas' you probably didn't come all the way from your father's estate to admire my office. Mr smith snapped. He wasn't ready to chit-chat over a pot of coffee with nicholas, and he was obviously not glad to see him.

Relax papi' I know time is precious. las snapped. Okay let Me go straight to the point. I want to strike a deal with you.

What do you mean? The startled Mr smith asked.

My father's will, I want to see it, want to know what the old Man has for me and jason my brother, his favourite son.

You can't be serious' its against the rule. The will can only be read after your father's demise and not before ! Mr smith said angrily.

Nicholas stood up and fixed a vicious gaze on Mr smith, Papi I don't have the luxury of patience like My brother. I will give you a reasonable percentage of whatever that is My lot in the will. An amount that can blow your mind, Papi.

Mr smith starred at him without saying a word, he knew what the latter was worth in the will.
not that he wasn't earning a reasonable amount In his job, but he wants more millions, he would like the idea of relocating to brazil or germany, somewhere cool with his family.

Your father entrusted his will to Me, not just because am his attorney, he trusts me. Mr Smith said slowly.

But he wouldn't know, likewise My brother, lest you tell him,,, which I know you won't. You need the Money, so do I.

Don't know if I can trust you with this. Nicholas, you may sweep Me inside the carpet.

snap out of that'Papi ! I keep to My words.

Mr smith opened his cabinet and brought out a sealed file with the inscription 'Don simeon' and tossed it to nicholas.

Whaaaat ! Is this a joke ! Nicholas screamed with a vicious rage as he read the will.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Good Enough For Marriage / REVIEW: You Won't Die If You Wait For The DVD Release Of 'being Mrs Elliot' / Health-related Idioms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.