Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? (1178 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by valmunich(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2014
Nl's I've come to notice this that soups are not usually tasteful the very day it's cooked till it has lasted for days, Does anyone know why this is so?
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 10, 2014
How? I don't understand. What type of ‘soup’ are you taking about?
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Danhumprey: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2014
I don't gerrit! How do you mean?
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Food wey sweet na money kill am

U nor xpect food wey u nor put beta ingredients to sweet na
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by talk2riel: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
I enjoy ogbono soup 3days after it is cooked. I don't know why.
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by kalushaiyke(m): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
talk2riel: I enjoy ogbono soup 3days after it is cooked. I don't know why.
3days
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Emessy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
BECAUSE YOU CANT COOK
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by MizMyColi(f): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
angry I beg to differ on the subject matter.
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by valmunich(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
At least someone that understands
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by egopersonified(f): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Op, I hope u are not the boy i'm visualizing in my head sitting on the floor with a pot and the last portion of the soup his mother made days before. Better desist becos your wife would not take that from you.
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Pavore9: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified: Op, I hope u are not the boy i'm visualizing in my head sitting on the floor with a pot and the last portion of the soup his mother made days before. Better desist becos your wife would not take that from you.
lol!
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Danhumprey: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
egopersonified: Op, I hope u are not the boy i'm visualizing in my head sitting on the floor with a pot and the last portion of the soup his mother made days before. Better desist becos your wife would not take that from you.
Lol.gringrin
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
shocked Mama mie!
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by Pavore9: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
l feel the difference more with bitterleaf soup,
Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by UjSizzle(f): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
Oha soup is like that too, and goat meat pepper soup.
Ogbono doesn't taste too good days after it's been cooked.

Someone once told me that that some soups need time for all the ingredients to 'set' properly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by cynhamscakes(f): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
I agree with you op. Almost all soups tastes better a day after preparation. The ingredients like stockfish and dry fish which are generally strong but are softened with hotwater does not release its full juice after used in a freshly made soup. So the process of staying overnight kinda gives the dry and stock fish + meat time to release their sweet juice into the soup, so when the soup is warmed, everything blends together to give rise to a tongue and plate licking soup.

Hmmmnnnnn op, this one you said you like the taste of 3days old soup, that one get as e be ooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Soups Not Usually Tasty The Day It Was Cooked? by valmunich(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
cynhamscakes: I agree with you op. Almost all soups tastes better a day after preparation. The ingredients like stockfish and dry fish which are generally strong but are softened with hotwater does not release its full juice after used in a freshly made soup. So the process of staying overnight kinda gives the dry and stock fish + meat time to release their sweet juice into the soup, so when the soup is warmed, everything blends together to give rise to a tongue and plate licking soup.

Hmmmnnnnn op, this one you said you like the taste of 3days old soup, that one get as e be ooooooooo.

Lol... I wasn't the one that said it oo, check the moniker

(1) (Reply)

Delicous Chicken And Potato Gravy! / Abuja No 1 Food Vendor For Oron Crayfish And Akwaibom Palmoil / Bread Spoilage And Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.