Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,017 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? (864 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Alishachris: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
As a lay faithful, our bulletin of today asked us to pray for the jews in their struggles, that they should remain steadfast to the promise! This didn't sound right to me at all! so I want to ask, is the catholic church supporting the jews against gaza
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Emmafrancis: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
Alishachris: As a lay faithful, our bulletin of today asked us to pray for the jews in their struggles, that they should remain steadfast to the promise! This didn't sound right to me at all! so I want to ask, is the catholic church supporting the jews against gaza
A good questiOn for your Priest. But you should know that christianity is in the minority in Israel. Majority there don't believe Jesus is the Son of God
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Empiree: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
Emmafrancis: A good questiOn for your Priest. But you should know that christianity is in the minority in Israel. Majority there don't believe Jesus is the Son of God

If that is the case, why are so many Nigerian Christians (and here on NL) supporting Israel and even spreading that stupid phrase "human shield" in order to justify israel terrorism?. And also many Nigerian media outlet carrying Israel propaganda?. Dont they have mind of their own by supporting thier god's killers?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Alishachris: As a lay faithful, our bulletin of today asked us to pray for the jews in their struggles, that they should remain steadfast to the promise! This didn't sound right to me at all! so I want to ask, is the catholic church supporting the jews against gaza

the catholic church has always had a prayer for the jews in some liturgy. I think if you read the prayer well it is actually a prayer for their conversion, it has nothing to do with the war.

I think since world war ii (inclusive), the catholic church has maintained a war neutral status in conflicts, we pray for peace in wars, we don't support one side.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by nora544: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ubenedictus:

the catholic church has always had a prayer for the jews in some liturgy. I think if you read the prayer well it is actually a prayer for their conversion, it has nothing to do with the war.

I think since world war ii (inclusive), the catholic church has maintained a war neutral status in conflicts, we pray for peace in wars, we don't support one side.

that is tru because the catholic church also speak about our christian sisters and brothers who are palestinians.

The new churches come from America and america was since that beginning of this new Israel a helper, many big companies in america belong to jewish families, and it starts also with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_Churches
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Alexander_Dowie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Lake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Parham

all the pentecost followers feel that the jewish are the first christians

that is a good writing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian%E2%80%93Jewish_reconciliation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relations_between_Catholicism_and_Judaism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday_Prayer
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Alishachris: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ubenedictus:

Why the jews in particular? is anything special about them?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Alishachris:

Why the jews in particular? is anything special about them?
the answer is found in scriptures. Start reading.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Sylvekzee(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
The message you read dear, is from the Bible, so it is as outdated as the book itself and as such has no knowledge of what is going on in the present day Israel.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Macelliot(m): 12:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Sylvekzee, alishachris, nora544, emmafrancis, ubenedictus and Empiree
Prophesies of Zechariah....
Mysteries surrounding the Israeli-palestine war!
NOTE: Only those with foresight will understand!
Zachariah 14:1-21
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zechariah+14:1-21
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Empiree: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Macelliot:
Prophesies of Zechariah....
Mysteries surrounding the Israeli-palestine war!
NOTE: Only those with foresight will understand!
Zachariah 14:1-21
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zechariah+14:1-21

Actually, these passages resembles descriptions of Dajjal- the antichrist. Besides, this appears to be Old T. Now you being christian, you probably aware of many Christians even on NL claiming Old T. it's for the Jews anytime "violent verses" are quoted therein. Yet at the same time they quote Old T. in support of Israel. Do you belief this modern day Israel is replica of David and Solomon?.

Note: from Islamic eschatology view this is not Israel of Prophets Daud and Sulaimon(David and Solomon)-peace be upon them. This is impostor or impersonator.
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Macelliot(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Empiree:

Actually, these passages resembles descriptions of Dajjal- the antichrist. Besides, this appears to be Old T. Now you being christian, you probably aware of many Christians even on NL claiming Old T. it's for the Jews anytime "violent verses" are quoted therein. Yet at the same time they quote Old T. in support of Israel. Do you belief this modern day Israel is replica of David and Solomon?.

Note: from Islamic eschatology view this is not Israel of Prophets Daud and Sulaimon(David and Solomon)-peace be upon them. This is impostor or impersonator.
The old testament is part of the bible, but truely, it was refering to the Jews and part of the holy Torah and there was nothing like Christians then.

Why do the Arabs hate the Jews to the extent that they wants the Jews to extinct?
Who is the anti-CHRIST
The Jews is up to only about 2% of the entirely Arab population....
Dajjal will gather the nation of Gog & Magog as numerous as the sand on the seasore to wage war against God chosen City(Jerusalem)...
I think the Jews will believe in Jesus in His second coming...
I don't know why the Arabs hates the Jews so much....
Dajjal cannot gather the Jews because the Jewish population is infinitesimal to the numerous Arab population...

The mission of the anti-Christ will be replica to that of ISIS-islamic state of iraq and syria.
Though, some of the muslims in the world might not support the babaric act of ISIS, but that is how the anti-Christ will operate even more powerful and stronger..
Again: Decoding the Quatrain of Nostradamus prophesies of the Anti-CHRIST..... It reads > Out of the greater country of Arabia shall be born a Stronger Master of Muhammad who will enter Europe wearing a blue turban, He will unleash terror on Mankind, He is the Anti-Christ
Just like ISIS, the anti-Christ will be an ARAB
I rest my Case..... Shallom!!!
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Empiree: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Macelliot]
The old testament is part of the bible, but truely, it was refering to the Jews and part of the holy Torah and there was nothing like Christians then.

Why do the Arabs hate the Jews to the extent that they wants the Jews to extinct?
Who is the anti-CHRIST
The Jews is up to only about 2% of the entirely Arab population....
Dajjal will gather the nation of Gog & Magog as numerous as the sand on the seasore to wage war against God chosen City(Jerusalem)...
I think the Jews will believe in Jesus in His second coming...
I don't know why the Arabs hates the Jews so much....
Dajjal cannot gather the Jews because the Jewish population is infinitesimal to the numerous Arab population...

Keep dreaming. I hope you realise Jerusalem is the 3rd holiest of Islam. Of course Jews will whether they like it or not believe in Jesus, the true Messiah but Quran goes further to say that their(Jews) faith in him when he returns will be evidence against them and they going to hell fire. Now, is Quran talking about all Jews?. Absolutely not. Only talking about oppressors not neutral Jews or those muslim supporters.

You chrisitans really soound confused as to Old T. Onus on you
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Macelliot(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Empiree]
Sounds funny...
Jerusalem is the chosen city not mecca and medina...
3rd holiest according to Islam...
You said, "according to Islam!!!"
Is it not the same Islam that all babaric, inhuman terrorists use as cover... They same might apply to the anti-CHRIST, because He will be a terrorist just like ISIS, Talliban, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab, Hezbollah, Hamas, Boko-haram e.t.c....
I am sorry to say this, Islam breeds terrorism...
Dajjal will hide under the cover of Islam.....
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Empiree: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Macelliot:
Sounds funny...
Jerusalem is the chosen city not mecca and medina...
3rd holiest according to Islam...
You said, "according to Islam!!!"
Is it not the same Islam that all babaric, inhuman terrorists use as cover... They same might apply to the anti-CHRIST, because He will be a terrorist just like ISIS, Talliban, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab, Hezbollah, Hamas, Boko-haram e.t.c....
I am sorry to say this, Islam breeds terrorism...
Dajjal will hide under the cover of Islam.....

Please, I have no time for this. Seek knowledge then come back to me. You know who funds and supplies Isis. They and their sponsors have nothing to do with Muslims or Islam. Get a life
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Macelliot(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
Empiree:

Please, I have no time for this. Seek knowledge then come back to me. You know who funds and supplies Isis. They and their sponsors have nothing to do with Muslims or Islam. Get a life
They have nothing to do with Islam, but they have been beheading the Christians in Iraq and telling the Christians to either pay tax, leave, convert to Islam or Die which was barred in a loud speaker in Mosul City Mosques....
Hmm?
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Empiree: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Macelliot:
They have nothing to do with Islam, but they have been beheading the Christians in Iraq and telling the Christians to either pay tax, leave, convert to Islam or Die which was barred in a loud speaker in Mosul City Mosques....
Hmm?

your questions should be directed to their Judeo-Christian Zionists sponsors who wrote the scripts. Not me. thanks
Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by Macelliot(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Empiree:

your questions should be directed to their Judeo-Christian Zionists sponsors who wrote the scripts. Not me. thanks

You sounds funny!
This is where the problem lies......
When did Judeo-Christian Zionists have access to all Mosques is Iraq? When did the Mosque Imams became pro-Judeo-Christian Zionists?
You sounds silly!
I don't blame you... You muslims don't want to accept your mistakes but will always blame other Religion for your Mis-fortune, you call the West, Infidels and all sort of evil names, but when you guys are in trouble, you quickly run to the west for help and shelter....
With this your mentality, Islam will still remain a terror to mankind..
What a big Shame!

1 Like

Re: Is The Catholic Church Supporting Isreal? by true2god: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Macelliot:

You sounds funny!
This is where the problem lies......
When did Judeo-Christian Zionists have access to all Mosques is Iraq? When did the Mosque Imams became pro-Judeo-Christian Zionists?
You sounds silly!
I don't blame you... You muslims don't want to accept your mistakes but will always blame other Religion for your Mis-fortune, you call the West, Infidels and all sort of evil names, but when you guys are in trouble, you quickly run to the west for help and shelter....
With this your mentality, Islam will still remain a terror to mankind..
What a big Shame!
Thats where the problem lies, if sunnis and shia muslims are bombing one another based on religion hatred for over 1400 yrs, they wont blame themselves for their stupidity, but would rather blame the americans and the Jews.

If ISIS are killing christians, the muslims wont blame the violent tendencies in thier but will blame america.

Muslims are never wrong, they blame all their atrocities on the 'infidels'.

(1) (Reply)

Sorry Dad, I Quit Christianity For Good — Charity-turned-aisha / Synagogue Has Killed More People In Nigeria Than Ebola / The Church Is Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.