Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! (1285 Views)

In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by suwailad(f): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
I am disappointed in 2baba's new album. I'm of the opinion it is a testing ground album and not his full effort work. The only song that makes much sense is the "close to where you are" with its nice melody and likewise international loving to an extent which will be the main hit later on. but for me i give it 4/10. what is your take? an hit or miss album?

1 Like

Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by REMMEI(m): 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
You know nothing about music..i swear.
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by onatisi(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
suwailad: I am disappointed in 2baba's new album. I'm of the opinion it is a testing ground album and not his full effort work. The only song that makes much sense is the "close to where you are" with its nice melody and likewise international loving to an extent which will be the main hit later on. but for me i give it 4/10. what is your take? an hit or miss album?
wettin concern me with multi millionaire 2face album ?
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by suwailad(f): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
REMMEI: You know nothing about music..i swear.

you want to try me? most of the songs on the album are just too lame on melody, i think he feels since he's a star anybody can buy any rubbish he sings
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Joeblazeochola(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Na 2baba? D more I listen to d songs d more I fall in luv wit d album.

*now playing : hate what u do to me by...... *
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by REMMEI(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
suwailad:

you want to try me? most of the songs on the album are just too lame on melody, i think he feels since he's a star anybody can buy any rubbish he sings

you still don't know nada about music nor the industry..
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by REMMEI(m): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
#Ignorant for the them..
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by suwailad(f): 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
REMMEI:

you still don't know nada about music nor the industry..
so you feel after throwing empty jibes you are now correct.so you tell me what you know mr itk
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by alaoeri: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
suwailad: I am disappointed in 2baba's new album. I'm of the opinion it is a testing ground album and not his full effort work. The only song that makes much sense is the "close to where you are" with its nice melody and likewise international loving to an extent which will be the main hit later on. but for me i give it 4/10. what is your take? an hit or miss album?
Baby i got ur back jare, the album isn't up to the hype even prefer 'grass to grace' to this below per. Anyway still a fan.

2 Likes

Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by suwailad(f): 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
alaoeri:
Baby i got ur back jare, the album isn't up to the hype even prefer 'grass to grace' to this below per. Anyway still a fan.

thank you manchy, the album is crap, i still feel its a test project.
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
REMMEI: You know nothing about music..i swear.

forget the lyrics. What do you know about music?? grin
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by suwailad(f): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
i just got off from cool fm, and the feeling from the dj's is that the new 2face is just bad on radio, and the general feeling is also there, disappointment in the entire project
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Donfamous(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
The guy is over hyped. All his songs must always talk about sky, rainbow, stars, sun, moon, etc. Shey dem curse am with ancestral bodies?
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Blestilo: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
@donfamous u b real okoro ,imagine what u sayi ... Who do u want 2 compare 2face wit or u tik is ur mate ?... No wonder he talked about ur type ..kip hati him n y he kip counti his millions ... If u tik tubaba aint tryi den come out wit ur own album n let's c hw locally it can travel? ?? I biliv say u no get work @ all cos if u do u would commend his effort ..u b really ODHEEeE!!!!
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Blestilo: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Judge him wit any of dis track let me c hw good u r wen it come 2 musc..1-let somebody love u... 2- I hate wot u do 2 me ....3- kiss of life ....4-can't hear u ....5-close to whr u r ...6... Holiday ...7...jeje ... ( Sawri to tell u dis u knw noti about good music ) music is not about noise maki n gbugbu noise .. Mayb u nid idibia 2 employ u as his G.M
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Donfamous(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Blestilo: @donfamous u b real okoro ,imagine what u sayi ... Who do u want 2 compare 2face wit or u tik is ur mate ?... No wonder he talked about ur type ..kip hati him n y he kip counti his millions ... If u tik tubaba aint tryi den come out wit ur own album n let's c hw locally it can travel? ?? I biliv say u no get work @ all cos if u do u would commend his effort ..u b really ODHEEeE!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by gingger(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Stand to be corrected .. I tot d album made d 12the position in d America bill board
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by einsteino(m): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2014
gingger: Stand to be corrected .. I tot d album made d 12the position in d America bill board

Of course with those kind of grammatical errors, who wouldnt stand to be corrected? grin no mind me o, just being hilarious.

To answer ur question, it did make it to number 12 position but its necessary to state that there is a difference btw top 200 album billboard chart and top currently selling albums. The album made the latter and not the prestigous top 200 album billboard chart.

I have listened to it, i must confess 70% of d songs are lacklustre. It pains me to say so cos i am beyond a fan. However i feel 2face put in a lot of work, 17tracks in one album. he obviously was experimenting with genres here and trying to reach a broader audience. He had to take the risk of leaving his comfort zone, he who wants to lead the orchestra must back the crowd to do so.

If this isnt the case, i still wouldnt crucify him. Afterall he has made his mark in the industry and its only natural for diminishing returns to set in.

My personal favourite on the album is "kiss of life"(yh am a sucker for love). Lesse passe, jeje, not a surprise and confessions can easily be hits if they get a viral video with enuf marketing. This is Nigeria where the radio and tv dictates what u must like. By the time they play a song 3times everyday, by force u go turn am to ur ringtone.. So long as no be tonto dikeh sing am sha.
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Sanjahoney(f): 2:17am On Aug 16, 2014
International loving? Are you serious? Is that what makes music good? international loving...I think not
Re: 2baba Ascension Album Is Crap! by Elnino4ladies: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2014
They is no 'wow' factor in d album..d album is jst there nt a crap tho...i prefer thy nation come by jesse jagz 2 it...

(1) (Reply)

25th Anniversary Of Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 / New Music : Tekno - Rara Prod. By Selebobo / Lyrics: Mayorkun - Sade, Meaning And Translating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.