Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827282 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Amefrica: Congrats to all those that got called up for medical and to those whose VISAs have been approved. I wish y'all good luck.

The cold wey dey here nor get part 2 - yesterday morning, I got a class and my phone said it was 30pm degrees outside. I looked out my window and saw some people wearing light clothing.

I copied-cat and we a my light shirt and trousers. My place to school is just 2 mins walk. Mehhnn, as I comot my doorstep ehn, na rushing I take run back inside.

Y'all should just come prepared for the cold and remember to bring me stock fish, I read they've banned ponmo, omoh e pain me.

I wish those who just applied the very best and to those expecting medicals, just chill it will come in due time.

#OneLove
You can always get ponmo at arican stores or asian butcher shops..
Infact the ponmo here dey thick well well... cheesy cheesy
Aspa the cold, Canadian cold weather na something else, the thing shake me when I landed on Canadian soil from the UK....My friend and wife arrived here from Nigeria in March. The husband and wife were both crying like babies when we immediately stepped outside of the airport. grin grin grin
All the best in your studies friend.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larrswag(m): 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
well i told them that my dad helped him to become sucessful so as it is obtainable in our culture he decided to do the same to me, so that i would come and help to lift the family up..it was written as if he's the one saying it
PlayPays:
The soa is okay but how did you try to prove the relationship between you and the sponsor?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
WESTERNCR:

samething bro..... I don tire for George brown college. was told they have volume of allplications and they process it on priority bais

Some schools are just time wasters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
duntano:

Finally a fellow Conestogaist.. Hey.. I am going to conestoga to in Jan by God's grace amen

Cheif which program you apply?
Have you applied for trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
PlayPays:

I don't understand the bolded but one thing I know about the new rule since June 1st is that a change of school would have to be granted by cic which means u'll have to convince em why you wna change after you receive ur permit with another school. The common thing is to finish from one school then move to another province for better things.
I now get it my oga. it wouldn't be easy convincing CIC on that. it just pays to wait and find greener pastures. thanks bro.
however. can you give an overview of what life is like in NFL(jobs, community, bills,socials and study life) if you have any idea sir or anyone in the house o abeg, though I read some other forums but I really don't know what's in for international students.
thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
tariy: what's your email addy pls.....

Send me a pm!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
ferdimako:
grin shocked

Baba oo! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
saxywale:
You can always get ponmo at arican stores or asian butcher shops..
Infact the ponmo here dey thick well well... cheesy cheesy
Aspa the cold, Canadian cold weather na something else, the thing shake me when I landed on Canadian soil from the UK....My friend and wife arrived here from Nigeria in March. The husband and wife were both crying like babies when we immediately stepped outside of the airport. grin grin grin
All the best in your studies friend.

Omoh! You don restore my hope.. I go go there sharply when this one finish.. The cold ehn lipsrsealed

Thanks egbon!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Omoh! You don restore my hope.. I go go there sharply when this one finish.. The cold ehn lipsrsealed

Thanks egbon!
... U call this cold... lol... Ahhhhh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... U call this cold... lol... Ahhhhh

Argh! I nor wan imagine if winter starts proper.. embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 12:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Amefrica:

Argh! I nor wan imagine if winter starts proper.. embarassed
... Winter starts Dec 22... But u go hear am wella before then sef... lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 12:45am On Sep 21, 2014
tariy: Actually lookin at International Business Management or Social Work but am a graduate of Finance.....

Accounting&Finance is a big deal here, try consider a masters or pgd in that same field
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 12:49am On Sep 21, 2014
larrswag: well i told them that my dad helped him to become sucessful so as it is obtainable in our culture he decided to do the same to me, so that i would come and help to lift the family up..it was written as if he's the one saying it

We can't conclude that the mistake is from there but I think claiming that he's ur Uncle would have just been excellent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 1:08am On Sep 21, 2014
SURGEE:
I now get it my oga. it wouldn't be easy convincing CIC on that. it just pays to wait and find greener pastures. thanks bro.
however. can you give an overview of what life is like in NFL(jobs, community, bills,socials and study life) if you have any idea sir or anyone in the house o abeg, though I read some other forums but I really don't know what's in for international students.
thanks once again

With the stories always reaching us about NFL, seems the place is kinda dull, I don't think it can be that bad tho and considering the cheap tuition of MUN, study there pack ur load to a better side and who knows you can even hammer better job there sef as competition there is limited.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Grapehouse: 1:21am On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... Winter starts Dec 22... But u go hear am wella before then sef... lol
Haaa...Baba cold for London na die already at 8ºC...Walahi iGo dey skip lab if it drop any further.
And thanks boss for your help the last time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by parisbluefox: 1:28am On Sep 21, 2014
cheesy grin grin grin u've not seen anything; I thought I was the only one! As a child, my uncles used to tell me that studying abroad was very easy. However, what I'm experiencing in Canada is contrary to what my uncles told me. Assignment and quiz nor lemme see road. I no longer have time for myself! No time to gist babe self! Buh Canada babes fine sha!

Amefrica:

Omoh guy! Me just dey Canny nii oo, school workload aint allowing me to be frequent here.. See ya man! wink

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Very insightful thread. I'm learning a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 2:23am On Sep 21, 2014
standupguy:

Cheif which program you apply?
Have you applied for trv?

Lol am a woman.. I applied for Culinary managent, I got business foundation and culinary management because I applied abit late for culinary mangt. There isn't culinary mangt for jan so d admission officer offered to give me business foundation which runs from Jan to sept and then my culinay managt.*My true n main course * will start in sept

I will reapply for my trv on monday night I was delayed in august * reason was purpose of visit* I didn't include a SOP .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:30am On Sep 21, 2014
Grapehouse:
Haaa...Baba cold for London na die already at 8ºC...Walahi iGo dey skip lab if it drop any further.
And thanks boss for your help the last time
... No yawa.. Na God... But I can't remember u oo... lol... Meanwhile... 8c na Tshirt weather bro... Get used to it...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:30am On Sep 21, 2014
parisbluefox: cheesy grin grin grin u've not seen anything; I thought I was the only one! As a child, my uncles used to tell me that studying abroad was very easy. However, what I'm experiencing in Canada is contrary to what my uncles told me. Assignment and quiz nor lemme see road. I no longer have time for myself! No time to gist babe self! Buh Canada babes fine sha!

....Ur Uncles lied to u...lol.... They had to give u motivation...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... Winter starts Dec 22... But u go hear am wella before then sef... lol

Chai man! embarassed ...God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 4:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... U call this cold... lol... Ahhhhh

The weather is cold now ......In sudbury we are already getting -1°C...........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 4:14am On Sep 21, 2014
chrisviral: If one gets a study permit (visa) for a one year masters and wants to change to a 2 years program when he gets there, how is it done?

And how does one also apply for study permit to reflect the new change?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris it's been a while... hope u are good....changing to a 2 yr program when one lands in canny is pretty much easy, though u would have to inform CIC through my cic account abt d change .....u would have to apply for study permit extension atleast one month before the current one expires......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 21, 2014
parisbluefox: cheesy grin grin grin u've not seen anything; I thought I was the only one! As a child, my uncles used to tell me that studying abroad was very easy. However, what I'm experiencing in Canada is contrary to what my uncles told me. Assignment and quiz nor lemme see road. I no longer have time for myself! No time to gist babe self! Buh Canada babes fine sha!

I'm telling you man! This people fit use assignment kill person.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 7:18am On Sep 21, 2014
####Hey peeps good day...
Did any body here use "UBA MASTER CARD" to make payments for their online application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yemochi: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2014
@matic12, pls help me too with your sample letter to the supervisor.My mail is krisyem4real@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2014
emperoracro:
@ Beejaybrave, Vanrichie4u pls i need a sample of
1) Study leave letter addresssed to CDHC
2) study leave letter addressed to employee
3) letter of introduction of an employee to CDHC

Pls help me, God will grant ur heart desires

Thanks

Are you not suppose to get those from your employer if you work?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2014
justwise:

Are you not suppose to get those from your employer if you work?

I felt same way when I received such a request from the home boy....lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 7:47am On Sep 21, 2014
emperoracro:
@ Beejaybrave, Vanrichie4u pls i need a sample of
1) Study leave letter addresssed to CDHC
2) study leave letter addressed to employee
3) letter of introduction of an employee to CDHC

Pls help me, God will grant ur heart desires

Thanks

Bro no offence....Your employer should provide u with d letters

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Hello house, if a person is applying for a 4 year program, does he need study leave letter from employer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by P406: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2014
P406: Hello guys, i have a question and anyone with answers please kindly provide.

For a visiting visa what is the duration of time that one could get as a first time

applicant to Canada. Thanks.

Can anyone volunteer an answer?

Justwise please do you have an idea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.