Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (835381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yemochi: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Joe980: Thanks for the detailed info. Guess am wrong with Olayiwola instead of Olanrewaju Street. On being harassed by Oga Police dem; once you are stopped and questioned... nothing stops you from telling them what you have on you and once they check and confirm they are yours, you are free to go without "roger".

The reason why I said so is for peeps who carry other documents (not necessarily for the VAC application)along without a verifiable proof that its theirs (maybe brother's uncle's documents on errand etc). Na wahala oo. It's a daily thing I see occurring along that road anytime I pass by and I pity young lads who unfortunately find themselves in that situation. Bottom line: don't pass there with documents that are not yours and you can't correspond with your ID.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aulor(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Holmes007:

1) if u stay in Lagos; go to National Population Commission at Surulere with an afidavit of age declaration from the High Court along with N4000 or N5000. U will get ur birth cert in 4 working days.

2) Any original document of ur sponsor u cant lay ur hands on should be notarized(Certified True Copy) at the High Court.....
"Can't" or "can"?.. Just want to be clear, tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
@Yemochi... You are on point with the information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
I want to go for online route pls so i can scan it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Joe980: Your letter of employment, pay slip and identity card should work.

Thanks so much for your reply. I would do that. I intend applying ASAP, No time to waste time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
Aulor:
"Can't" or "can"?.. Just want to be clear, tnx

Can't
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Insha Allah
I am. Not confirmed visa yet but hoping on the Lord
yes bro. Allah has power over all things. 'innallaha kulli shay in qadr"

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mcjimmy:

He must sworn and affidavit of support for you with a court stamp or a lawyers signature on it.I will try and send you a copy of one.
Let me tell something , try and check all your filled form and your sop with your documents. Is there anything you have mentioned or stated that is not among the documents packaged to visa office? People don't know that what ever you mention in the form filled and written in your sop must have a proof. That is why you don't mention what you don't have on your visa application form.

affidavit of support is not the issue here, the reason for the denial was insufficient fund, if there is any issue regarding that the VO would av ask for another docs to that effect. the main reason for the denial was using a registered limited liability company as his SOA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
newbie2014:

Thanks so much for your reply. I would do that. I intend applying ASAP, No time to waste time

u can also add reference letter from ur padi boss address to the duty high commission Canada with your coys letter head.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: Getting a birth certificate at NPC will show it was done on a recent date, isn't it a red flag?, that's why I went for the local government birth certificate thing

It shouldn't be since your documents such as WAEC carries the date. They know things like that could be lost due to fire etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
newbie2014: Pls i have been working since last year. Do I need to Provide a letter of introduction from my workplace saying i work there or they know about my interest in travelling and wish me luck in my endeavours.? Because i dont think they would want to write 'my job will be waiting for me when i return' Pls anyone that can help with letter from work format will be appreciated.

You don't need any letter whatsoever from your work place and neither do you have to lie that your job awaits you when you return.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Joe980: Your letter of employment, pay slip and identity card should work.

Do they ask for all these?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tboynaija: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hello house, I need your advice. Am a graduate, I studied Educational management /Economics in the University and I intend to relocate to Canada to start a new life. After much research online, it seems that travelling via students route might be the best option to achieve my dreams. I intend to apply to Lambton college for 2years pgd in international business management. My concern is that I will be sponsoring myself and I can only afford 2millon from my savings. I understand that the amount is too small for visa process, I met with an uncle and he agreed to act as my sponsor but just for visa purpose only cos am sure I won't get a dime from him to support my education over Dia. I need advice from peeps with Canadian experience on how far such an amount can take me considering that after paying my first year tuition fee I might be left with little to take care of other living expenses as well as the remaining year tuition fee. Am a real naija boy with that legitimate hustling spirit burning in me but I only know of hustling in naija and not Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by litorocka: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
helo greate NL USER..pls i just recieve dis mesage from canada embasy lagos dis it.. please be
advised that your application has been
finalised. Your package will be forwarded to the
VFS office tomorrow. You may contact the VFS office as from
12 noon tomorrow, 26 September
2014... My question is does it mean my visa was aprove, is nt a student visa,is a visit visa.. Pls can any body explain to me more...tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by litorocka: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
helo greate NL USER..pls i just
recieve dis mesage from canada
embasy lagos dis it.. please be
advised that your application has
been
VFS office tomorrow. You may
contact the VFS office as from
2014... My question is does it mean
my visa was aprove, is nt a student visa,is a visit visa.. Pls can any body
explain to me more...tanks[b]helo greate NL USER..pls i just
been
been
been
explain to me more...tanks[/b]helo greate NL USER..pls i just
been
been
explain to me more...tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by litorocka: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
all my oga in d house.. I loyal infact i dey groud make i stand up? Abeg una boy need help oo.. My mind dey beat as if say na me cari dat $9.3millon go sa.. Dis my question... i just
been

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
you've got to stop panicking and explain your situation so it can properly accessed
litorocka: all my oga in d house.. I loyal infact i dey groud make i stand up? Abeg una boy need help oo.. My mind dey beat as if say na me cari dat $9.3millon go sa.. Dis my question... i just
been
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by litorocka: 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
my question is i recieve dis mail frm vfs 2day content.. (please be
been
2014)... My question is does it mean
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
My younger brother student visa application have been approved.

He applied 21st july (Paper application)
Got email for medical 2nd September
Did the medical on the 9th september in lagos at asanju
The hospital sent the report to embassy on the 15th september
He got a mail on the 24 september (yesterday) that the visa has been approved.

He is in portharcourt. how long does it take them to send the passport from Accra to Vfs in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
litorocka: my question is i recieve dis mail frm vfs 2day content.. (please be
been

Pls delete ur previous post abeg. We done hear u.
Now to ur question, I will advise you to chill n go gently to vfs as d email instructed n get ur document. No VO here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
GboyegaD:

Do they ask for all these?
These are included to show gaps in education and to buttress the fact that one is employed and have experience in the intended course of study based on SOP and responses to questionnaire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
atbu1983: My younger brother student visa application have been approved.

He applied 21st july
Got email for medical 2nd September
Did the medical on the 9th september in lagos at asanju
The hospital sent the report to embassy on the 15th september
He got a mail on the 24 september (yesterday) that the visa has been approved.
He is in portharcourt. how long does it take them to send the passport from Accra to Vfs in nigeria?
It's take like a week plus to reach vfs office, but I will advise you to call der customer care number by next week to be sure dat ur document is ready 4 collections b4 you embark. Congrats bro.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
tboynaija: Hello house, I need your advice. Am a graduate, I studied Educational management /Economics in the University and I intend to relocate to Canada to start a new life. After much research online, it seems that travelling via students route might be the best option to achieve my dreams. I intend to apply to Lambton college for 2years pgd in international business management. My concern is that I will be sponsoring myself and I can only afford 2millon from my savings. I understand that the amount is too small for visa process, I met with an uncle and he agreed to act as my sponsor but just for visa purpose only cos am sure I won't get a dime from him to support my education over Dia. I need advice from peeps with Canadian experience on how far such an amount can take me considering that after paying my first year tuition fee I might be left with little to take care of other living expenses as well as the remaining year tuition fee. Am a real naija boy with that legitimate hustling spirit burning in me but I only know of hustling in naija and not Canada.

/////
The truth is the 2million will most likely not be enough to even pay ur tuition, 2years for dat matter. So ur best bet wud be to pay lambton's 1st semester tuition which shud be about 1m equivalent...enter canny and live a low-key life...get a part time job to support urself and hope u'll be able to balance ur tuition, if possible ask for support from friends and family if possible......bro, I know someone who got study permit using a relative soa, got no dime from d person for real and it may shock u dat he had only 600k naira in d real sense. I no know how hin do am oo, but I'm sure he went to skul, probably paid 500k work deposit and managed somehow hun! Good luck bro...and yea, I'm like u too...so we go survive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tboynaija: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
The truth is the 2million will most likely not be enough to even pay ur tuition, 2years for dat matter. So ur best bet wud be to pay lambton's 1st semester tuition which shud be about 1m equivalent...enter canny and live a low-key life...get a part time job to support urself and hope u'll be able to balance ur tuition, if possible ask for support from friends and family if possible......bro, I know someone who got study permit using a relative soa, got no dime from d person for real and it may shock u dat he had only 600k naira in d real sense. I no know how hin do am oo, but I'm sure he went to skul, probably paid 500k work deposit and managed somehow hun! Good luck bro...and yea, I'm like u too...so we go survive.
Thanks for your advice. Are u currently studying in Canada ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
when did you apply and via what route?

been
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Liz2014(f): 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
litorocka: all my oga in d house.. I loyal infact i dey groud make i stand up? Abeg una boy need help oo.. My mind dey beat as if say na me cari dat $9.3millon go sa.. Dis my question... i just
been
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by litorocka: 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
oghos2k: when did you apply and via what route?

agust 1st paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
Joe980: These are included to show gaps in education and to buttress the fact that one is employed and have experience in the intended course of study based on SOP and responses to questionnaire.

Ok ooo. I believe in kiss (keep it short and simple) though. Your SOP should be able to cover that you stated rather than giving the VO too many things to work with.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Liz2014(f): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
been

I will advise you put your mind at rest. You have to go to find out. All will be well.
Please when did you DO BIOMETRICS? My mum did hers on August 4th and we are still waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
degreat11:

Never ever use a company with limited liability as a SOA when u are not working there, as the name imply the money is not meant for anyone, the company is a separate entity and have shareholders. even with 10billion the VO will still denied you Visa. what you can do is to use ur Sponsor personal account as SOA

I don't agree with you @ d bolded bro....except you wanted to write 10million.

Despite the fact that the company is a seperate entity and has shareholders, if the affidavit/sponsorship letter is signed by @ least 2 of the shareholders and their names duly written on the CAC 2 and CAC 7 (with a regular signature)....its automatically assumed that the applicant can have access to the funds, though to be on the safest side, its good to have a very heavy cash flow and balance as well indicating that the company is a going concern.

In addition, if the applicant is the son of the CEO, he has a very big chance of scaling thru with the company SOA (similar cases have been reported here on NL).

And finally, if the applicant is one of the directors....okwu agwugonu (talk don finish naa)....

Anything outside these 3 cases or being an employee of the company...the chances of scaling thru might be very low...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
akosh005:
It's take like a week plus to reach vfs office, but I will advise you to call der customer care number by next week to be sure dat ur document is ready 4 collections b4 you embark. Congrats bro.
Cheers
Thank you very much. is it possible to send someone to bring it for him?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
I guess we'll have to find out tomorrow then. You can only find out the status when you receive the package bro.
litorocka: agust 1st paper route

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.