Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827449 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2014
Moheat:
[b][/b]

I have submitted an online application to Humber college against September, 2015 admission since 2 days ago and am yet to receive any response. Please i need advice. Thanks
Hi @moheat, have u gotten a response from humber yet? If yes list the documents u submitted. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Vycta(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2014
pchax:

Abeg no stalk the lecturers ooo... It is not everyone that has a research group before getting admission. Infact, most people do not. But if you insist on getting a supervisor before admission be ready for a lot of "email snubs" and you also need to widen your scope of unis. Do not just focus on one Uni. The fact that UofM profs did not reply you doesn't mean you should not go ahead and apply. Also, if you have a guy in that Uni, tell him to put in a word for you.

There is no full proof template of email to send for a prof to reply you but just keep it short, be specific and polite. State your research interests. Show you have read their profile and some of their papers, ask if they have space for a MSc or PhD student (which ever the case may be for you) in their research group for the upcoming semester.
May God crown your efforts with replies and admissions.

Cheers!

THANKS pchax... Its Master of Science (Computer Science) cheesy grin grin grin smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2014
Finestlex:
as much as possible.. Apart from your 1yr fees.. See if you can have up to 4-5m

Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2014
TONYE001:

Hmm... sad

OK, let's say my wife goes first, how much time would I now have before joining her? Months? Years?

Secondly, what'll happen to my admission when I gain it? Do I differ it?

What if I use a job to demonstrate this "tie" you all are talking about?

Hi,

I quite understand your pain, I had to leave my baby at 7months and my husband too. in fact here, I found some people like myself and we gained strength by supporting each other and carrying each other along as we individually try to bring them here. That said, I know a few who successfully went with their spouses on first attempt but the deal is you have to convince beyond reasonable doubt that you would come back after completing your studies. Alot of us chose to use our spouses and in some cases kids as our home tie. so do you have what it takes to convince the VO? landed properties count and so does other assets. - my 2 cents!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2014
sheriph:
Dear House Masters, justwise, siga, redribs, lilsypicy and others please advice.
I want my wife to school in Canada( Fanshawe college< Ontario London) to be precise, to study Food and Nutrition Management but the course is 2years programme. I just want to know the advantage of studying 1 year programme and 2years programme. because I got same course in George brown which is 1 year.
Please advice please.
@sheriph sir, am still a learner in this forum but I think if your wife graduates from a 2 year diploma or degree programme she would be eligible for a 2 or 3 yrs work permit under the Postgraduate work permit programme and if she graduates from a 1 year diploma or degree programme she is eligible for a 1 year post graduate work permit programme. I stand to be corrected tho grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2014
abisolmi:

Hi,

I quite understand your pain, I had to leave my baby at 7months and my husband too. in fact here, I found some people like myself and we gained strength by supporting each other and carrying each other along as we individually try to bring them here. That said, I know a few who successfully went with their spouses on first attempt but the deal is you have to convince beyond reasonable doubt that you would come back after completing your studies. Alot of us chose to use our spouses and in some cases kids as our home tie. so do you have what it takes to convince the VO? landed properties count and so does other assets. - my 2 cents!
What oda assets aside from landed properties?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2014
moshood1993:
Alhamdulilah ....just got
delayed. ...... angry
How cld someone like dis comment sad saw dis in page 493.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sheriph: 10:21am On Dec 08, 2014
lilspiceyy:

@sheriph sir, am still a learner in this forum but I think if your wife graduates from a 2 year diploma or degree programme she would be eligible for a 2 or 3 yrs work permit under the Postgraduate work permit programme and if she graduates from a 1 year diploma or degree programme she is eligible for a 1 year post graduate work permit programme. I stand to be corrected tho grin

Thanks a million my bro.....I appreciate your advice sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abisolmi(f): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2014
lilspiceyy:

What oda assets aside from landed properties?

Cash, investment, share certificate, pension statement................

Sure you can fill in the gap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2014
abisolmi:

Cash, investment, share certificate, pension statement................

Sure you can fill in the gap
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:29am On Dec 08, 2014
sheriph:

Am a lady sir smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bamjazzy(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2014
pchax:

Glad I could be a source of inspiration. Below is the broad summary of steps I took:

1. Got a list of the "top 30 schools" in canada. Google it.
2. Checked the comp sci departments of each school and filtered out schools based on my own personal preferences. Eg. I did not want to write GRE, so I removed schools that needed GRE as part of their admission requirements.
3. Trimmed down the list and started sending mails out.
4. Caught the attention of a Prof and we corresponded for up to 2 months before she agreed to be my supervisor.
5. Sent application for admission to school and I was accepted and assigned a supervisor and research group.
6. Did some research on TRV applications (read a lot of SOPs on different fora, went through CIC rules etc ) while gathering my documents.
7. Applied for TRV online sat through the long anxious wait.

I guess the rest is history. Just allow God to guide you in each step cos the way I did it would not likely be the way you should do it. Wishing you the best. Cheers!

thanks alot , I think you just gave me great task which leads to success, thanks onces again, will always get back to u on updates
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2014
lilspiceyy:

How cld someone like dis comment sad saw dis in page 493.
I like the suspense concept not the fact that he was delayed besides bn delayed is not a funeral,its not the end of someone's life
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2014
opsynusy:
I like the suspense concept not the fact that he was delayed besides bn delayed is not a funeral,its not the end of someone's life
Ok I get u grin. How is it going? I mean u repackaging and refiring. U will get it dis time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sheriph: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2014
sheriph:

Bosses , and hope my dad can stand as her sponsor, because he has 6million in his account, while I am also using my Qatar account with 1.5m. hope there is nothing bad using my dad as my wife sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2014
abisolmi:

Hi,

Thanks for this!

I have a piece of undeveloped land (a plot) and a business centre (not registered though).

So, can I tell the VO that we'll have to come back and build our house? Would this work? Please respond...

Thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
lilspiceyy:

Ok I get u grin. How is it going? I mean u repackaging and refiring. U will get it dis time.
babe Amen o...trying all my possible best to make it right....I just pray it's positive this time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ikecinho(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
Finestlex:
Ikecinho.. I got your ping on my email.. How's it going.. Am studying right now cos I have exams in the morning and throughout this week.. Any replies should be on Saturday.. Am really sorry guys.. Please bear with me. Very best to all of us
Okay bro.
Good luck to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chibuzz89: 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Good day Fam,am actually a new member here...please I need your opinions y'all...I got admission already for Aug 31st 2015 in Lampton college(PGD)...I already have my documents ready and I have decided to submit this week through paper route...do you all think submitting too early could cause denial as I want to submit already since I have gotten all the documents available...I will be glad to read your opinions.....wishing y'all a week of God's favour especially for those awaiting medical call up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
House, can my piece of land serve as a tie for my wife and I?

Can we convince the VO that we would be coming back to develop it? Would it work? Please reply...

Thanks in advance..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mehn... I'm humbled. God is indeed God. Just checked my mail and got a request for my original passport. I nor go lie una, water comot from my eyes. God you're too much. May God do for us all what he has done for me. To the awaitees... have faith in him. Nor be by power or intellectual brilliance. Na God. To those delayed please calm down and address the reasons why you were delayed. Work on them diligently. When my head come down I'll list the docs I submitted both for my 1st and 2nd application but meanwhile I

Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Original Passport Request: 8th December

19 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
@Snappyfingaz; Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
... Congrats Oga Snappyfingaz ..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
Congratz.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
@Snappyfingaz, congratulations.

I pray that I and other awaitees will be congratulated this month too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Thanks everyone. @Siga thanks alot boss. Though I never had a one on one rapport with you but I must commend your attitude and input to the thread after many years. You've been wonderful. May God bless you and us all, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
Snappyfingaz CONGRATULATIONS!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
Congrats @snappyfingaz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
@ Snappyfingaz. Congrats man. U good

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
Thanks everyone. @Siga thanks alot boss. Though I never had a one on one rapport with you but I must commend your attitude and input to the thread after many years. You've been wonderful. May God bless you and us all, Amen.
... No yawa bro... now quick go collect your visa as e still dey hot... U know how Oluseyi akara bi now... u must chop am hot...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
SnappyFingaz, Congrats!
So happy for you.
This could be you Xmas gift you know.
Where is Blink6?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by shanky14: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
olamonsor2:

list the documents u have and house will help u with documents miss.. first list out wat u hav.

These are the Documents I have at present.
1.Employment letter
2.study leave letter
3.marriage certificate
4.admission letter from the school
5.WES evaluation report, IELTS, waec cert, university statement of result, nysc discharge
6.Recipt of tution deposit to the school
8.certificates of fix deposit (#4 million) from mache 2014 till march 2015
9.Reference letter from the bank
10.Survey plan of my land

Pls is there issue if the company is not registered?

Pls advice me if am good to go with d doc.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.