Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (854022 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2014
SURGEE:
I also have the same feel but I haven't practised that much compared to your wealth of experience. I was actually checking through university of Manitoba and it stated that practicing engineers are better go for M.Eng rather than M Sc in civil engineering where the required qualification is just a bachelors degree. so I think a M Eng in Civil will do but your thesis will just be in requisite specialty.
consequently, Alberta school of civil engineering raps up the mining and petroleum engineering division together which is my own foci already. I just hope to specialize in petroleum engineering and start looting Alberta's oil reserves and also getting paid doing so.lol.
Good to meet you senior engineer.

Lol I have to correct u there, am not rili a senior engineer. Am a graduate engineer with barely a year experience. I just happen to be in a consultancy firm that always has a plethora of jobs, hence I managed to garner much experience in little time coupled with the fact that my boss is more of a leader and mentor than a boss.

This explains why I dont know how to ask him for a study leave, I feel like the prodigal son running away from his father.

experience is not exactly a function of time, it is a function of exposure and how much you have been able to achieve. Am saying this as an encouragement because I remember when I started, someone in my firm told me I was too young and was a blank. Today when that someone runs into problems in his project, I often end up being the one who solves it. so to me the most important thing is ur resilience at the face of challenges, with it you would have a steep learning curve. everyone started as a blank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
Please strike out transport from your options. Canada is not big on transportation projects. Transportation engineering sells in Europe and not America.

Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 31, 2014
Happy Last Sunday & Happy New Week! smiley May the good God grant each of us his/her heart desire..

Winter applicants, I wish y'all overflowing Medicals and TRVs. smiley

And to everybody traveling this week, may God grant us journey mercies.

(AMIN!)

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Canadidacy(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2014
Amefrica: Happy Last Sunday & Happy New Week! smiley May the good God grants each of us his/her heart desire..

Winter applicants, I wish y'all overflowing Medicals and TRVs. smiley

And to everybody traveling this week, may God grants us journey mercies.

(AMIN!)
Thanks guy, yea Winter 2015 on point. Still gathering tuition...God aint Sleeping...(In Chrigo's voice)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 31, 2014
I got this message from lamb ton as a sample but mine us with me
Congratulations! You have been accepted to Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology. This letter contains information which is required by the immigration section of most Canadian Embassies. It is intended to facilitate your application for a Study Permit, and should be submitted to the Canadian Embassy.
Lambton College Student ID : C0610139 Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY) : 07/25/1990 Type of School : Public Program of Study : Business Management Academic Status : Full Time Level of Study : Post Graduate Semester of Study : Semester 1 Starting Date : May 7, 2012 Length of Program : Two Year Expected Date of Completion : December, 2013 Offer Expiry Date : May 17, 2012 Annual Tuition Fees : $11,900 First Semester Fees Due Date : Minimum Pre-Payment of $6,250 by March 30, 2012 Deadline for Registration Deposit : March 23, 2012 Condition(s) (if applicable) : N/A
Pl
my question is does the nt applicable written mean I don't necessarily need to pay the tuition deposit quoted to be 6250
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2014
Onyeoma3:

what's up with that your scholarship? Are you sure the delay is not from there?

My friends that got the scholarship too travelled to Montreal as august 9th. And I have called them and they are also confused and worried, the bright side of it is that they deferred the admission and the scholarship for me pending when I will get my VISA lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 9:31am On Aug 31, 2014
Congrats bro
tokiniofficial: Finally in Manitoba grin

Flight no be here o embarassed

But thanks to God I'm finally here.

Wish you guys all the best.

Still trying to settle down sha smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2014
Siga: ... Again... na God... the way CIC has it now for students is awesome... there is a path way for students to PR ... plus... there are lots of menial jobs in Toronto .... enough factory jobs... lol ... Since I touched this blessed land... I never left Tdot (Toronto)... loved it... na Canada's version of Lagos...
Bro,how much can you make on a minimal level every month if you had a factory job?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=nestaolive]Hello all, when landed properties are valued by an Estate surveyor, can this stand as proof of funds or home ties?.it can only serve as home tie and not proof of fund.have estate that value 100m no VO will ccount it as proof of fund there must be cash inflow and outflow in your account or your sponsors account for VO to rate you that your are not running away.good luck as you apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tariy: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2014
Hello house please I need you all for assistance on the cheapest university or college in Canada for Graduate Studies..............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2014
tariy: Hello house please I need you all for assistance on the cheapest university or college in Canada for Graduate Studies..............
Check MUN,Manitoba.
Happy Sunday! Please any one presently in OR applying to University of Windsor next fall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2014
cman4good: i just submitted my application now, online route..... GOD please help me...

God has done it man. expect medical call September ending...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chizzy01(f): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2014
chichi89: how you dey
am gud love n u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tariy: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2014
pampem:
Check MUN,Manitoba.
Happy Sunday! Please any one applying to University of Windsor next fall?
Already checked MUN but seem kinda expensive for business programs cos am thinking of applying for jan 2015 intake but wanna submit my application now....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
tariy: Already checked MUN but seem kinda expensive for business programs cos am thinking of applying for jan 2015 intake but wanna submit my application now....
What course are you looking @?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tariy: 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
siegfried99:

Thanks.. but that won't be easy going through several pages.. can anyone help me with the details rather than refer me to the first page.. @house.. please. Just the visitor visa requirements.. thanks.
Have you applied for the visit visa please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tariy: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
pampem:
What course are you looking @?
Actually lookin at International Business Management or Social Work but am a graduate of Finance.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Canadidacy: Thanks guy, yea Winter 2015 on point. Still gathering tuition...God aint Sleeping...(In Chrigo's voice)

cheesy
All the best! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
tariy: Hello house please I need you all for assistance on the cheapest university or college in Canada for Graduate Studies..............

I think its better if you google the schools and check for course or program you want to apply for and compare their tutiion fees(the ones offering your program)nairaland might not be able to give an authentic answer.and you might be able to know each school requirement.all the best.there was a cheap school luvyl3 mentioned can't remember the name.she mentioned it this morning
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
cman4good: i just submitted my application now, online route..... GOD please help me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2014

DID YOU FILL THE SCHEDULE 1 FORM - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
FOR THOSE THAT APPLIED TRU ONLINE ROUTE is the Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada required to be filled??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
kcluv2men:
Bro,how much can you make on a minimal level every month if you had a factory job?
.... Bro... u can't work more than 20hrs during school but during breaks u can work full time... so, it depends on what rate u get from the job and how many hours u put in....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
tariy: Have you applied for the visit visa please

No madam..was enquiring for a friend.

I'm applying for student visa.

You can ask the house, if you have any questions wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by koladata(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Good morning house, please I want to know if i'm going to have problem with my sponsor since we don't bear the same surname. He has the amount that could fund my program in his account. I planed to pay almost half of the total cost of the program before i leave nigeria then tender a sponsor that will fund the rest of the payment when i get to canada. Its just a 1year diploma program in a school in canada. Please will I have problem with my sponsor? Please your timely response is appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
i wish all those travelling, already in d air or in transit safe flight and God's blessings as u take a new ride to d maple land. To LOA, Medical and TRV expectants......a new moon has risen and we shall smile, Tighten ur seat belts its gonna be a month of praises. Welcome onboard grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
evantical: @chiamaker and @great11 tnks for the response.and is 1 year post graduate diploma good enough for PR?.
The truth is it takes God's favor and of course your part to play as well.
I know guys who became PR on 2years diploma equivalent to OND offered in colleges and I also know guys who had to return to naija even after Bsc/MSc/Phd when they couldn't get meaningful employment to qualify for PR. It works vice versa too.
Just focus and pray for God's favor in all your endeavors.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Canadidacy: Thanks guy, yea Winter 2015 on point. Still gathering tuition...God aint Sleeping...(In Chrigo's voice)
...How far Padi....longtime....good to see you back from hiding grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
saxywale:
The truth is it takes God's favor and of course your part to play as well.
I know guys who became PR on 2years diploma equivalent to OND offered in colleges and I also know guys who had to return to naija even after Bsc/MSc/Phd when they couldn't get meaningful employment to qualify for PR. It works vice versa too.
Just focus and pray for God's favor in all your endeavors.
....Absolute truth....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
lekibraky: I got this message from lamb ton as a sample but mine us with me
Congratulations! You have been accepted to Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology. This letter contains information which is required by the immigration section of most Canadian Embassies. It is intended to facilitate your application for a Study Permit, and should be submitted to the Canadian Embassy.
Lambton College Student ID : C0610139 Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY) : 07/25/1990 Type of School : Public Program of Study : Business Management Academic Status : Full Time Level of Study : Post Graduate Semester of Study : Semester 1 Starting Date : May 7, 2012 Length of Program : Two Year Expected Date of Completion : December, 2013 Offer Expiry Date : May 17, 2012 Annual Tuition Fees : $11,900 First Semester Fees Due Date : Minimum Pre-Payment of $6,250 by March 30, 2012 Deadline for Registration Deposit : March 23, 2012 Condition(s) (if applicable) : N/A
Pl
my question is does the nt applicable written mean I don't necessarily need to pay the tuition deposit quoted to be 6250
...Nope....you have to pay the deposit by hook or crook grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siga: .... Bro... u can't work more than 20hrs during school but during breaks u can work full time... so, it depends on what rate u get from the job and how many hours u put in....
In fact, if possible... I would advise that he stays off job during school terms. Academics in Canada is not beans. Their citizens dey study wella and not push overs in classrooms. it's best to focus on studies and come out with good grades. I believe jobs should be left for school holidays. The good thing is students make lots of money during school breaks as students jobs are easy to find.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gud afternoon, I can see all the Big bros around, Siga, chrisgo, saxywale. Pls dis my question my sponsor SOA is 5.1 million nd is happen to be my sister. With different surname cox she is married nd am thinkin to add a co sponsor which also my sister with different surname too. Am I gud to go with dis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.