Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola (1185 Views)

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus / Liberian Dies In Morocco Of Ebola - Internal Affairs Minister Discloses / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by cuteboy2: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerian naira bank notes are some of dirtiest in world. Several microbial studies to identify organism they carry have been done many years ago before the prevalence of mobile communication and internet.

Ebola is spread by direct contact with bodily fluids of carriers of the virus, including sweat. shocked shocked
We all know how market women tie the notes in their wrappers and tuck it close next to their skin to prevent pick pockets. People lick or spit on their fingers to count money. I believe naira carries the spit of millions of Nigerians. Don't even think of those who pick thier noses, butchers and suya sellers who cut their fingers and you see blood stains on the monet, etc. You can add to the list.

Besides, our naira notes are always damp and wet ensuring that pathogens like viruses have a conducive environment to multiply waiting for the chance to infect the next victim. I shudder to think of the mass infections.

Please wash your hands and carry a small hand sanitizer bottle to rub if you touch dirty money.
I really pity bank workers and those who handle bulk cash.
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmm money again let's go back to the days of coins
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by micholalo(m): 12:18am On Aug 11, 2014
So ,if I give condor 1k make I no collect change. From ipaja to abule egba. God go save us

2 Likes

Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by cuteboy2: 12:21am On Aug 11, 2014
samflexxy: Hmmmm money again let's go back to the days of coins

We will need trucks and cranes to carry the heavy coins considering the amount of cash we spend daily.

Head of First Bank E- business said recently on Channels TV that cash withdrawals from FBN ATM machines around the country averages N1 trillion daily!!!! shocked shocked shocked

It is a big problem. We need to rev up implementation of the cashless policy.
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by Funjosh(m): 12:28am On Aug 11, 2014
cuteboy2: Nigerian naira bank notes are some of dirtiest in world. Several microbial studies to identify organism they carry have been done many years ago before the prevalence of mobile communication and internet.

Ebola is spread by direct contact with bodily fluids of carriers of the virus, including sweat. shocked shocked
We all know how market women tie the notes in the wrappers and tuck it close next to their skin to prevent pick pockets. People lick or spit on their fingers to count money. I believe naira carries the spit of millions of Nigerians. Don't think of those who pick thier noses, butchers and suya sellers who cut their fingers, etc. You can add the list.

Besides, our naira notes are always damp and wet ensuring that pathogens like viruses have a conducive environment to multiply waiting for the chance to infect the next victim. I shudder to think of the mass infections.

Please wash your hands and carry a small hand sanitizer bottle to rub if you touch dirty money.
I really pity bank workers and those who handle bulk cash.

Wetin we no go hear.
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 11, 2014
This is new.
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by ogtavia(m): 1:17am On Aug 11, 2014
cuteboy2:

We will need trucks and cranes to carry the heavy coins considering the amount of cash we spend daily.

Head of First Bank E- business said recently on Channels TV that cash withdrawals from FBN ATM machines around the country averages N1 trillion daily!!!! shocked shocked shocked

It is a big problem. We need to rev up implementation of the cashless policy.

This exaggeration is too much..
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigeria Naira is one of d dirtiest... BULLSHIT
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=cuteboy2]Nigerian naira bank notes are some of dirtiest in world. Several microbial studies to identify organism they carry have been done many years ago before the prevalence of mobile communication and internet.

We all know how market women tie the notes in their wrappers and tuck it close next to their skin to prevent pick pockets. People lick or spit on their fingers to count money.
Re: Dirty Naira Notes Will Accelerate Spread Of Ebola by cuteboy2: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2014
ogtavia:

This exaggeration is too much..

Strictly speaking, it made me wonder. He made that comment live on Channels TV as part of their media event during roll out of PayPal.

He is FBN top official, so I expect him to have his facts correct.

(1) (Reply)

Fumigation Services Recommended By W.h.o To Prevent Ebola Virus / Fallen Heroes: Ebola Claims Lives Of 5 Study Co-authors B4 Paper Is Published / The Other Side Effects Of Drinking BEER(STAR)..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.