Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM (573 Views)

Please Do Not Fall A Victim / Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. / I Buy Used Atm,solar And Inverter Batteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Please help me!!! I operate a virtual account with Zenith bank.on the 30th of July 2014,i walked into a first bank (Oju-Elegba branch) to make some cash withdrawals (#20000) via my Zenith Bank Master Card on the ATM Machine situated within the (FIRST)bank premises,because i needed to send that money to one of my sibling in the far away east to pay up the balance of his school fees.when i slotted in my card,and punched in the said amount,the screen displayed a message that i should wait,while it processes my transaction.after a while,it displayed another message “UNABLE TO DISPENSE CASH”.i removed my card immediately,and tried another machine within the same premises,and to my biggest shock,the machine displayed a message “INSUFFICIENT FUND”.at that point i checked my phone,and got a debit alert of #20000.prior to that transaction,i had a balance of #20424.70k.but after the failed transaction,the alert sms balance read #424.70k. I created a scene,and ran into the banking hall of the same bank,from where i was referred to my bank(zenith) by the customer care attendant,claiming he doesn't have my account details.i proceddded immediately to my bank(zenith),where i was given a form to fill,and asked to expect a reversal in 14 days.today is exactly 12days now,and still nothing yet.and its looking like nothing would happen in 2 days time.please what agency can take up this matter for me ? Am i to get the Police involved or a Lawyer ? I can't just allow them rob a low income earner like me corporately of my hard earned money.please help me with advice on what to do next.have a blessed week you all.
Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Utchgirl(f): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2014
wait til d 14th day naah.Many people hv almost been victim of d same circumstance. It's nt a new tin. They wil surly retrieve ur money.Jus relax
Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Bro, first of all, calm down. This stuff happens all the time
It is not a serious matter that requires any agency or lawyer,lol
YOU said you've reported the issue to your bank, and they asked for fourteen days?
14 days has not yet elapsed. If after 14 days they've not yet resolved the issue, that's when it's an issue
And in that case, you'd go and make your complaints again
It could be that the bank staff were not working on your case
I'm surprised the bank involved is Zenith bank
This has happened to me before, and barely a day after, the issue was resolved

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by sholikay(m): 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Dat is y i luv my gtbank and UBA,sharp sharp dey wil return back d money..
Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Omexonomy: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2014
sholikay: Dat is y i luv my gtbank and UBA,sharp sharp dey wil return back d money..
poo can happen anytime in life - mynd44
Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Babalegba(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2014
OP please note that it is fourteen working days and not just fourteen days. Stop fretting, you will get your money back.
Re: The Cry Of A Victim Of A Fraudulent ATM by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Babalegba: OP please note that it is fourteen working days and not just fourteen days. Stop fretting, you will get your money back.
thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Clean BB Q10 For Sale 40k (pictures) / I Need Original Laptop Battery / Hp 530 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.