Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge (4939 Views)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Petroleum vs. Geosciences / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Am a first year geology student,I want to ask if I can also make use of these apps now or if u guys have any related apps u would advice undergraduates to master ?
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Atk1nson(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2015
eledacedar:
OpendTect has a free version that you can download online from dgb earth sciences(dgbes).
I have petrel 2009 that I can give for free( its too large to upload here)
I can also give surfer 8,10 as well as winglink free.
I have Hampson Russell, petrel 2010, opendtect, wing link, surfer 8 & 10, geolog, interactive petrophysical and geographix installed on my system. I can as well allow you use these free.
I have lots of seismic/well data that I'm willing to give free also.

In addition, if you have a good system ( fast processor and large space), I can give you a virtual machine that will enable you installed windows XP. The advantage of this is that some of these softwares run better on XP. It also helps to avoid licence clashes in some cases.

I got lots of textbooks(PDF) on near surface, seismic etc, videos are also available and I'm willing to give anyone interested free.

I'm in Lagos and we'll meet at Unilag if you happen to be interested.

That's my workstation at home.

pls can I still get the softwares and ebooks. I tried sending u a pm. My email is akintade4ever2000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by marvelling(m): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2015
eledacedar:
OpendTect has a free version that you can download online from dgb earth sciences(dgbes).
I have Hampson Russell, petrel 2010, opendtect, wing link, surfer 8 & 10, geolog, interactive petrophysical and geographix installed on my system. I can as well allow you use these free.

In addition, if you have a good system ( fast processor and large space), I can give you a virtual machine that will enable you installed windows XP. The advantage of this is that some of these softwares run better on XP. It also helps to avoid licence clashes in some cases.

I got lots of textbooks(PDF) on near surface, seismic etc, videos are also available and I'm willing to give anyone interested free.

Yeye dey smell! angry workstation indeed!
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by onyeogalu1(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
[quote author=eledacedar
When did you graduate from unilag?[/quote]
please i sent you pm kindly reply so i can get your contact . Thanks
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by pongwa(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2015
eledacedar, we met in unilag last year if you still remember, please I misplaced your contacts and I really need to get in touch with you asap..... please u can send it as a pm please
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
eledacedar:

God bless You sir. I am very much interested in all this softwares as am still amateur in this field. Please i'd be very much grateful if you can send the most important softwares like surfer, petrel and others there to my email ~ bigneo.raps88@gmail.com
God bless you real good. U don't know how happy I am to find this insightful post. Thanks
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
eledacedar:

Opendtect comes with a training data. The data is tuned to do everything that opendtect can do.
If you try to do some things like neural network or fast Fourier transform using any other data on the free version of opndtect, you won't be able to do it.

Unfortunately, the least data I have is about 650mb, I can't send that by mail. As I told others, if you are in Lagos, try your best to come to unilag. You'll get all you want free.

I no dey collect a kobo from you.
please since u can't send it by mail to those of us in need. Do u have a site we can download these softwares with ease? Pls
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by pongwa(m): 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hello people! Its good to be here again after been away for a while. I greet my bro @ eledacedar and I also hope you are all winning in your endeavours. I am a geophysicist by training and I specialize in near surface geophysical surveys in electrical, EM/gpr and magnetics for groundwater, environmental and geotechnical investigation(CPT). I also maps and consult for all surveys I.e. land etc.
I am proficient in surfer, arcgis, autocad,manual curvematching for VES interpretation, dipro, res2win etc. You can contact me on 07030391350 and bbm 5c34d3ef....for your earth based projects anywhere in the country. I am also open to partnerships and contracts jobs.

I have the necessary experience, skills and team to deliver with excellence. Expecting your calls thanks
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Nzecruz(m): 3:44am On Nov 04, 2016
eledacedar:

Please, I'm particularly interested in Hampson Russell. Please, contact me on robby4life2020@yahoo.com so I can meet up with you at unilag or anywhere in Lagos. Thank you.
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by rendra: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2017
eledacedar:

These softwares are heavy stuffs in GB. Books are at least 45mb and can't be sent by mail. If you are in Lagos, try to make out time and come to Unilag. You'll get more than you need.

Hi, Eleda.

I'm Rendra from Indonesia. From what i've read that you have winglink software. Could you please share that software to rendrarifaldi33@gmail.com? I'm expecting to hear from you.

Regards,
Rendra
Indonesian Geophysics Student
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by eledacedar(f): 12:38am On Jan 06, 2018
rendra:

Hi, Eleda.

I'm Rendra from Indonesia. From what i've read that you have winglink software. Could you please share that software to rendrarifaldi33@gmail.com? I'm expecting to hear from you.

Regards,
Rendra
Indonesian Geophysics Student

Hi Rendra,

I find it hard to believe you registered just to post this request. Just 3 minutes and you've been offline since then.

Anyways, just so you know, I've been offline for over 2 years.

I'm good at such games.

Game on.

Don't give me geoscience crap.

Ahdonblivit....... Muah
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by eledacedar(f): 12:43am On Jan 06, 2018
marvelling:

Yeye dey smell! angry workstation indeed!

Yes it is. That's a dell inspiron 17R 16G 1TB with the highest resolution u can get anywhere.

Go price am.
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2018
Seems there are no longer jobs in this our field.
One can stay a whole year without seeing up to 10 openings for entry level. Quite discouraging.
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2018
eledacedar:

Hi Rendra,

I find it hard to believe you registered just to post this request. Just 3 minutes and you've been offline since then.

Anyways, just so you know, I've been offline for over 2 years.

I'm good at such games.

Game on.

Don't give me geoscience crap.

Ahdonblivit....... Muah
lol
Re: Geosciences Thread: Share Data/software Knowledge by eledacedar(f): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
lol

Bros how u see am nah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Don't Get Jobs When They Apply / Conpcass Salary Scale / Entry Level Salary For Pharmaceutical Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.