Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,295 members, 7,822,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

FRESH: Before You Buy That Android Device, Know How Strong Your Device Is - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FRESH: Before You Buy That Android Device, Know How Strong Your Device Is (1158 Views)

Buy Your New, Pre-owned Devices And Fix Your Device @ GSTO / Amazon Neglects That Android Wear Will Bolster Ios Soon / Pls How Strong Is Cube 9x Talk Battery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FRESH: Before You Buy That Android Device, Know How Strong Your Device Is by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
I travelled recently and i saw this beast http://www.geekbuying.com/item/HD5000-5-0Inch-IPS-HD-Screen-MTK6582-Quad-Core-1-3GHz-SmartPhone-1GB-8GB-10-0MP-Camera-Android-4-2-3G-GPS-Air-Gesture---Black-323765.html
with someone and he told me he has been using it over 5 months without any issues, and his battery last just around 24hours (even with extra battey in the case) with moderate usage, i was amazed when i checked the quality of the video and pictures taken online, which made me to order mine from aliexpress recently and i am about to get it now, guess what? only 112$ ( you will never get any tecno with lesser specs,at that price range, never. Only what you need to do is little research and see how many companies are really making money from less quality android devices.

In the course of my researches, i came to this write ups which can help someone choose his next, cheaper android devices according to your budgets. After all, not all chinese devices are bad.

For those who like to argue on phones (htc,samsung,LG,tecno fans etc) mediatek, snapdragon and the likes,, oya see for your selves

China Phone Chipset’s Compared – Mediatek vs Qualcomm vs the Rest!

When purchasing a new phone, china phone or any other, the first questions on most peoples lips are “What’s the Antutu Score?”, “How many gigawatt’s does this bad boy have?” and commonly “Can it run Crysis?”. Whilst some may argue that its not about the benchmarks, its about the feel of the phone and the in-hand experience that matters most… and yes they have a point, benchmarks are still an incredibly good way of gauging approximately how well a device is going to perform.

With that in mind we’ve pulled together a short list of the most popular chip sets your most likely to find within phones on the market today, whether that be a spanking new Galaxy S5 or a budget china phone, we hope this comparative table we’ve tirelessly put together will help you decide on which device is for you. Before we get to it then just bare in mind that there are some gaps in there so this is by no means an exhaustive list of benchmark results but as you’ll see its quite easy to see which devices are about as powerful as fisher price toy blender and which are going to have enough grunt to tear a small hole in the fabric of time.

So, without further ado behold the almighty chipset comparison chart right here:

Re: FRESH: Before You Buy That Android Device, Know How Strong Your Device Is by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Looking at the Antutu scores paints a pretty clear and expected picture really in terms of the more established Snapdragon beasts that we all know perform extremely well. What’s worth pointing out is that whilst the 6592 and 6592T look to be able to match the Exynos 5410 they are in reality, being given a boost by virtue of being octa cores that can use all CPU’s at the same time, so their performance is over stated here. It is however worth noting that the 6592 appears in phones priced as low as $130, a far lower price point than any chip above it. Here we can see the even more budget orientated MTK 6582 chip performing admirably, pretty much on par with the Snapdragon 400 – a well performing chip currently found in the Moto G. Lastly, looking at this graph its clear that the older Qualcomm chips like 8225 and 8255 can no longer compete – something to bear in mind as some lower priced china android phones still use these chips.

Re: FRESH: Before You Buy That Android Device, Know How Strong Your Device Is by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Conclusion

So what are we to make of all this data? Well, there are a few observations.
Mediatek doesn’t yet have a chip to match the big boys (and that’s ok)

Currently nothing can touch Snapdragon 800/801, even the Tegra 4 (within smartphones) can’t quite match its performance on the GPU front, although its neck and neck on the CPU front. Back to Mediatek, their current flagship 6592 may look to be up in the running in the CPU benchmarks, the reality is that it fits somewhere between the Snapdragon 600 and 400 when considering how few programs will actually use all 8 cores at once. For the GPU benchmarks we see exactly the same story and that’s fine, when you consider the cheapest Snapdragon 600 device is around $280, that probably being the Nubia Z5s and whilst the 6592 devices did come to market with a premium the prices have now settled and phones are shipping with this mini beast inside from as little as $200 so it certainly has a place in the $200 – $300 price range.

If your looking for a more expensive device then you’ll wanting to be looking for a Snapdragon 600 or more preferably a Tegra 4 or Snapdragon 800/801 device as there really is nothing else that can touch these, yet. We know that Mediatek will soon be bringing out new 64-bit ARM CPU’s that may well change things.

The Snapdragon 400 has tough competition - the MTK 6582
Its been clear throughout these benchmarks that the Snapdragon 400 and Mediatek 6582 are two very closely matched chips with the latter having slightly better CPU performance (on account of its 100 Mhz advantage) but also slightly worse GPU performance.

Both are very capable chips for the mid range and will power any device up to 1080p, running anything you throw at them, with the exception of CPU intensive apps like emulators where the relatively weak A7 based cpu’s may struggle.

So deciding which to get will come down to price and other features on the phone. The 6582 can be found in most new budget china phones from as little as $100 with the Snapdragon 400 being more prevalent in western phones at price points from $160, making the 6582 the clear choice in the low-mid price range – that brings us right on to the next point.

The 6589 can be the new low end king

The 6589 was a great chip and one which allowed cheap phones to operate on a decent performance level, offering a lagless experience and ability to play most android games without issue, you could see the introduction of this chip as a turning point within the budget phone segment but with the introduction of the 6582 offering the same, if not better performance than the outgoing 6589T.

Currently the prices of 6589 devices are falling, although currently its a little too expensive to recommend this will surely change rapidly making it a wise choice for the low end devices below $100 where it clearly outperforms qualcomm’s offerings.

Qualcomms loses in the low end devices

Yes, from the benchmarks its clear that despite the stellar performance of their high-end offerings and competitive Snapdragon 400 in mid-range products, their low end offering is seriously lacking and there really is little reason to go for device with their 8225/8255 chips as the outgoing 6589 or even the newer 6582 chip sets offering better performance and are available in devices at the same price point.

In summary then, if your looking for a new device that is anything but high end then Mediatek has some very strong offerings, particularly in the low and mid range, with the Snapdragon 600 being a great mid-high choice if your willing to pay a little more than the 6592

Let us know the range of your device. DOWNLOAD antutu benchmark from playstore and test your self.

Credit http://www.tabletdroid.co.uk/blog/china-phone-chipsets-compared-mediatek-vs-qualcomm-vs-rest/#.U-jktmOMbIW

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Pre-order A Ps Vita And Game Cards URGENTLY!!! / Data Reseller Scams / Samsung A3. 2016 For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.