Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,298 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company (3761 Views)

Is Karis Mega-subsea Company Training Real? / Are You Interested In Subsea And Offshore Engineering Career In Aberdeen? / Trainee Positions For Subsea Engineering Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Just found this. Anyone with useful information about this people should please share it on here.

Training Overview
Subsea Engineering is a highly specialized discipline and perhaps, one of the most important, yet most difficult aspects of the petroleum industry.

The high cost associated with deepwater oil and gas exploitation has continued to mount pressure on the need for high-level expertise and competency particularly in the subsea domain.

The subsea future is now business intelligence, experience transfer and technology integrated operations.
A subsea specialization trains professionals to design, install, repair and maintain equipments, tools and infrastructures utilized in the offshore energy industry.

As part of our commitment to the Local Content policy of the Federal Government, and our strategic local focus plan, we have over the past two years invested heavily in subsea manpower training and development.

Following the completion of our world-class offshore training facilities in the Egina field located in the deepwater OML 130, with approval from its operator, Total E & P Nigeria Limited and a state-of -the-art offshore Unit in the Bonga (South-West) deepwater (project) in partnership with its operator Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo.), Karis Mega-Subsea Company is offering a unique opportunity for a cost effective hands-on extensive training on a couple of sub-disciplines within the subsea engineering field.

The training is certified and accredited by the Society of Underwater Technology (SUT), and Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).

During the training you will be mentored by subsea experts with professional support and guidance for a clear career progression.

Qualification/Requirement
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Marine, Electrical/Electronic, Petroleum, Civil, Pipeline, Instrumentation & Control, Chemical)

Must be computer literate

Training duration: 6 months

Training location/facilities:

- Egina field located in the deepwater OML 130, ashore Niger Delta.
- Bonga South-West (Offshore Training Unit) in OML 132, ashore Niger Delta.

Training Level: Intermediate

Date of commencement of training: October 27, 2014.

Disciplines/Training Fees

S/N
Course
No. of available slots
Candidates with BOSIET (Fees NGN)
Candidates without BOSIET (Fees NGN)

Subsea Equipment Installation, Repairs & Maintenance

Subsea Survey, Positioning & Installation

Subsea Controls

Subsea Pipeline Design & Installation

ROV Pilot / Maintenance (Grade 2)

Note:

- Candidates without a valid Offshore Mandatory or Basic Offshore Safety, Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) certificate will be required to undergo a 10-day offshore mandatory training prior to the commencement of the training.
- Candidates with health complications need not register for the training as medically unfit participants will be screened out and refunded as appropriate.
- Due to limited number of slots available, as dictated by our training facilities, you are strongly advised to only make payments for the training on receipt of a confirmation of availability of a place.
- Only candidates that meet the prerequisites/background requirements for the training will be sent a confirmation of a place and payment details.
- Registrations received after the available slots are filled will not be considered.
- Company sponsored individuals will only be considered for the training on provision of a letter of sponsorship obtained from their prospective sponsors and will only be allowed to participate in the training on receipt of such payments.
- The training is in no way a guarantee of employment, however, outstanding trainees during the training may be absorbed in our various operations and projects on successful completion of the training.

Application link:
http://www.karismega-subsea.com/forms/traineeregistrationform/traineeregistrationform.html
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by pat077: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by goldentee(m): 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Seems more like another scam. Pls be careful fellow NLers
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by crudedude(m): 11:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
I smell scam.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 12, 2014
God help us..
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by flyingdutchman(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
EGINA field (TOTAL) I don't know if it is scam or not. Sounds good. IT MAY, OR MAY NOT BE A SCAM...make ona contact our SSS
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
any body givin a slot 4 d training? please how geniue is dis training?
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by goldentee(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
giftnwala: any body givin a slot 4 d training? please how geniue is dis training?
Got a mail from them that reads thus:
Dear *********,

Your Registration ID: *******
Reference to your registration for Subsea Controls training with Karis Mega-Subsea  Company, we are pleased to offer you a place on our Subsea Training Programme.

You will require a valid Offshore Mandatory or Basic Offshore Safety, Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) Certificate for this training.

You are by this notification required to secure your place by making payments as appropriate.
Account Details:
                        Account Name: Karis M. Company
                        Account Number: 517535803110
                        Bank Name:  Sterling Bank Plc..............
My simple take on this: SCAM
Looking through the account name, you'll definitely think twice about the authenticity of the whole exercise.

Just a bit of my mind

1 Like

Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
goldentee:
Got a mail from them that reads thus:
Dear *********,

Your Registration ID: *******
Reference to your registration for Subsea Controls training with Karis Mega-Subsea  Company, we are pleased to offer you a place on our Subsea Training Programme.

You will require a valid Offshore Mandatory or Basic Offshore Safety, Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) Certificate for this training.

You are by this notification required to secure your place by making payments as appropriate.
Account Details:
                        Account Name: Karis M. Company
                        Account Number: 517535803110
                        Bank Name:  Sterling Bank Plc..............
My simple take on this: SCAM
Looking through the account name, you'll definitely think twice about the authenticity of the whole exercise.
Just a bit of my mind

I also hv a strong feelin itz a scam. bt d program luks vry juicy....
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by davide470(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
Well, i believe this is not real based on the following reasons:

1. All Local Content training are liased with NCDMB and would be administered with NCDMB.

2. BOSIET training is meant to be sponsored by the company

3. How can you pay to secure a place?

4. Total won't even allow rookies on a platform that has not been commissioned yet, especially EGINA.

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by inibro(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
davide470: Well, i believe this is not real based on the following reasons:

1. All Local Content training are liased with NCDMB and would be administered with NCDMB.

4. Total won't even allow rookies on a platform that has not been commissioned yet, especially EGINA.

God bless you, you just spoke my mind. EGINA is to come Upstream 2017. So this program is 100 percent Scam.

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
davide470: Well, i believe this is not real based on the following reasons:

'm confused. A friend of mine working with AOS confirmed their office in Onne Oil & Gas freezone. I was also offerred a slot......hmmm But schools especially overseas do ask for part payment to secure an offer but theirs is full.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by davide470(m): 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ejb061286:
'm confused. A friend of mine working with AOS confirmed their office in Onne Oil & Gas freezone. I was also offerred a slot......hmmm But schools especially overseas do ask for part payment to secure an offer but theirs is full.
Why not ask your friend to manually ask them at their office if there's any program like this.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
davide470: Why not ask your friend to manually ask them at their office if there's any program like this.
You 're right. That would suffice.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by omokoladele(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
the company's name is even scam on its own Karis "MAGA"

employment wont do us something o!
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2014
davide470: Why not ask your friend to manually ask them at their office if there's any program like this.
The guy said their receptionist said that the training registration is on-going; that everything is done in their Head office in Lagos. Just hope it does not turn out to be SCAM! Anyone that has been to their Lagos office should pls say something...
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by davide470(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ejb061286:

The guy said their receptionist said that the training registration is on-going; that everything is done in their Head office in Lagos. Just hope it does not turn out to be SCAM! Anyone that has been to their Lagos office should pls say something...
Why not do the Leg work! Find out their address and visit. All due diligence must be carried out. Parting with 185k (on the basis of No BOSIET) without checking all options does not make sense to me. (Mind you: BOSIET costs between 300 - 400k)
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
I got dis mail today, can someone residing in lagos verify this information because i currently stay in port harcourt

please be informed that responses to this email address are NOT monitored. Do NOT reply to emails sent from this address.

For any training issues related to registration, payment, medical screening schedule, BOSIET, etc; kindly direct your questions to enquiries@karismega-subsea..com

OR

Visit our Head Office at plot 6, Idado Avenue, By Chevron Drive, Lekki, Lagos State. Please come along with a print out of your Letter of Offer of A Place for training and a valid Identity for check in. On arrival at the reception, ask for or dial Mrs. Stella Nwose on 608-246-8770.

Thank you again for your interest regarding training with Karis Mega-Subsea Company.

Sincerely,

For: KARIS MEGA-SUBSEA COMPANY
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
giftnwala:

I got dis mail today, can someone residing in lagos verify this information because i currently stay in port harcourt

please be informed that responses to this email address are NOT monitored. Do NOT reply to emails sent from this address.

For any training issues related to registration, payment, medical screening schedule, BOSIET, etc; kindly direct your questions to enquiries@karismega-subsea..com

OR

Visit our Head Office at plot 6, Idado Avenue, By Chevron Drive, Lekki, Lagos State. Please come along with a print out of your Letter of Offer of A Place for training and a valid Identity for check in. On arrival at the reception, ask for or dial Mrs. Stella Nwose on 608-246-8770.

Thank you again for your interest regarding training with Karis Mega-Subsea Company.

Sincerely,

For: KARIS MEGA-SUBSEA COMPANY
I just arrived lagos this evening........still on this matter. I 'll head there tommorow morning by God's grace.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ejb061286: Paid for the training today at their Lagos office in Lekki. Their Admin Assistant to the Admin manager said that they don't issue BOSIET but pre-offshre training & Rig HSE Protocol for those without offshore experience.

what is der xact address, i will send one of my lagos peeps 2 confirm 4 me 2moro, my bro, dat moni is big 4 unemployed 2 risk. wen r u guyz starting?
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by joetems: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ejb61286 how did you locate d address considering d fact that there is no idado avenue at idado town which is at igbon efon roundabout at lekki. kindly post the exact location of their office, I mean street address.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by joetems: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
just thinking aloud, no offence. you were the one who posted this stuff on nairaland and the first to make payment. I met other people when i tried locating their office at chevron drive and we covered the whole area together without success. so please kindly help us with the exact address, we will appreciate.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
joetems: just thinking aloud, no offence. you were the one who posted this stuff on nairaland and the first to make payment. I met other people when i tried locating their office at chevron drive and we covered the whole area together without success. so please kindly help us with the exact address, we will appreciate.
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by Ejb061286(m): 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
joetems: just thinking aloud, no offence. you were the one who posted this stuff on nairaland and the first to make payment. I met other people when
Re: Subsea Training Program 2014 - Karia Mega-subsea Company by joetems: 5:24am On Sep 02, 2014
broda ejb,goodluck with the training.

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Got A Job Through Nairaland / Thank God! I Just Got A Job. / Unilever Nigeria Plc Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.