Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Help My Element Is Sick!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Element Is Sick!!! (1156 Views)

Any Major Issues With Honda Element? / What Do Nigerians Have Against The Honda Element? / Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Element Is Sick!!! by oseo1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ok so I have an 04 Honda element and I'm having a lil issue with it. When I get in traffic it stalls and then cuts off. The same thing happens if I drive really fast. If I let the car sit for about 15 minutes I'm able to start and drive normally again till I get into traffic or drive fast (above 65mph).

I have my suspicions that it's my fuel pump however I want more opinions on what it could be. Thanks for the help.
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Engine Idle speed sensor malfunction may cause stalling during idling and during low engine speeds eg during a traffic stop.
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by oseo1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
How about the when I go fast, and then it's like there is no gas getting to the engine so I can't accelerate and then it eventually cuts off.
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by oseo1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for your first suggestion though, I'll check it out and post feedback.
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
However, I'd advice you run a scan on your car using an OBD ii scanner. Do you have a check engine light on in the dashboard?
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by mayor2013: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
Run a comprehensive scan that would scan all modules on your vehicle. I.e all components on your car. This would pinpoint what exactly nis wrong with the car. Call this number to run a scan. 08165520837 or 08156087872. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Apart from running a scan which is most adviceable.

A fuel pump malfunctioning shows these symptoms depending on how weak it is:

a)Engine stalls or jerks if the car has been driving for long or on fairly high speed driving...

b) If you leave the car for a while (with engine off), car moves normally on driving.

Check your air filter first and make sure its not blocked
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Might the MAF. Scan the car first the check engine light should be on.
Re: Help My Element Is Sick!!! by oseo1(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2014
Ok so I checked the speed sensor and it was ok, j scanned the and the only flag it threw was for the battery being disconnected so I went ahead and changed the pump and filter. the filter was filthy so I suspect that's what killed the pump. After changing them I'm running like new. And yes I did it myself.

Next up is to change the back light for the odometer.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get A Good Car AC Professional In Abuja / What's Killing My Car Battery? / Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.