Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? (4105 Views)

Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding? / How Much Does A Golf 3 Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by lonelydora: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2014
How much do you think a virgin 2003 Accord key like the one in the picture cost? My auto-electrician said it is about 20-25k, but i am doubting that amount. Please share if you know about it, i need it urgently. No installation cost please, Just to get the brand new key.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by mayor2013: 6:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Guess he is talkn about it in addition to installation. Find out first wink
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by lonelydora: 6:55am On Aug 13, 2014
mayor2013: Guess he is talkn about it in addition to installation. Find out first wink
NO, just the key, no installation cost
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by mikkyphp(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2014
Bros let me help you:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-1-button-key-remote-for-Honda-Civic-Accord-8-7-Fit-City-Odyssey-key-with/1962965253.html

30usd including remote and chip

Note: after purchase, you will cut the key to fit your car's ignition/doors in nigeria for 3k max. am not sure how much to program it. but if you still have your old key, then you can simply swap the transponder chip into the new key housing after cutting. then you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by lonelydora: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2014
mikkyphp:

but if you still have your old key, then you can simply swap the transponder chip into the new key housing after cutting. then you are good to go

Exactly what I want to do. Where in Nigeria can I get it asap. Can u help me and get it? Contact me on kalutobest@yahoo.com.
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by kablooee: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
mikkyphp: Bros let me help you:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-1-button-key-remote-for-Honda-Civic-Accord-8-7-Fit-City-Odyssey-key-with/1962965253.html

Note: after purchase, you will cut the key to fit your car's ignition/doors in nigeria for 3k max. am not sure how much to program it. but if you still have your old key, then you can simply swap the transponder chip into the new key housing after cutting. then you are good to go

Help? you called this help? that is a fake key with a very poor and weak transmitter, that key shell will go off in less than 6months and the transmitter(remote) should stop working even before then. please buy original key if you have to buy.

original honda key cut to your vehicle VIN. is available locally. https://www.nairaland.com/1826679/lost-key-solutions
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by mikkyphp(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
kablooee:
Help? you called this help? that is a fake key with a very poor and weak transmitter, that key shell will go off in less than 6months and the transmitter(remote) should stop working even before then. please buy original key if you have to buy.
original honda key cut to your vehicle VIN. is available locally. https://www.nairaland.com/1826679/lost-key-solutions
Bros na wa for you o!

I helped him with a link, i didnt say i wanted to help him purchase it. am not even in nigeria at the moment.

Asides from that, they are not substandard as i have used one personally for 9months before i sold my EOD. I bought my EOD with a broken key, and i ordered this from Aliexpress. i even used the remote transmitter because it was newer with all the button marks still showing. I programmed the new and old remote for my car for redundancy purposes. I used the NEw one till i sold the car without issues. I have even helped with a family friend and she still uses the key till today. SO why all this talk? Because it is from China does not make it substandard. The keys that are ubiquitous in the Lagos market were obtained from the same source. OP is trying not to get ripped off, and i proposed a solution i have tried, and tested personally.

Why all this ranting?

@OP another thing you can do, if your remote still works, and you can start your car with the old key,buy just the empty key shell $8 - $10 and do a transplant of the remote and trasnponder chip.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by kablooee: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
mikkyphp:
Bros na wa for you o!

I helped him with a link, i didnt say i wanted to help him purchase it. am not even in nigeria at the moment.

Asides from that, they are not substandard as i have used one personally for 9months before i sold my EOD. I bought my EOD with a broken key, and i ordered this from Aliexpress. i even used the remote transmitter because it was newer with all the button marks still showing. I programmed the new and old remote for my car for redundancy purposes. I used the NEw one till i sold the car without issues. I have even helped with a family friend and she still uses the key till today. SO why all this talk? Because it is from China does not make it substandard. The keys that are ubiquitous in the Lagos market were obtained from the same source. OP is trying not to get ripped off, and i proposed a solution i have tried, and tested personally.

Why all this ranting?

@OP another thing you can do, if your remote still works, and you can start your car with the old key,buy just the empty key shell $8 - $10 and do a transplant of the remote and trasnponder chip.

Sorry bro, if you saw my msg as ranting am sorry. I don't have anything against you., just as a professional locksmith with wealth of experience I know the China honda keys are inferior both transmitter and the material used for the blade, some people don't settle for less you know?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by lonelydora: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
mikkyphp:
Bros na wa for you o!

Why all this ranting?

My old key still works perfectly, just that my son broke the plastic shell and I don't like the way it is cellotaped, thereby wanting to buy the empty shell. Where can I buy the empty shell in Nigeria and how much? My auto electrician said the virgin key is 20-25k which I want to confirm here. Please any help where to get it in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by mikkyphp(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
bros with 10k max, u are good to go for purchase of shell + cutting. over to 2 @kablooee to give you a quote.
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by lonelydora: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
Mikkyphp, thanks a lot. Have Kablooee number. Will call him asap.
Good job.
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by loptos(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bro buy the key for 5k where they sell part for cars which is two in number and cut the edge to your size of ignition and reprogram your car.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2014
Guy, forget that your electrician.

Buy from Aliexpress. Just search 'key case accord'. They cost less than $10, will ship free to Nigeria and accept our Nigerian bank cards.

As to the the full key with electronics inside, yes it is fake but it will do its job. That story of weak transmitter is just story. You wan open the door from inside house? I have one for both me and my wife's cars and use them as spare keys.. That being said, SOMETIMES the material for the metal is different

While you're on aliexpress, browse around. You won't believe the juicy stuff on there for peanuts...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by gbadaniyi(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Naija are forms of Tokunbo$ used cars. And Tokunbo cars always come with one key, due to advancement of technology of the censor/ programming keys and so call smart key, push/ press bolting. U will need to make a duplicate of ur car key, which as to be programmed by electronic machine, diagonis and computerize on d immobilizer of d car.
MAKE YOUR SPARE KEY AT Am saab KEY CLINIC
Call on 08077983808

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by Nobody: 6:12am On May 28, 2016
what is the cost for remote key (open, lock, boot, panic) for "Honda Accord 2008 V6", as follows:
- key
- cutting
- programming
Re: How Much Does A "VIRGIN" Honda Key Cost??? by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 7:28am On May 29, 2016
@ SysUser: A 2008 Honda Accord Key fob will cost you 30K @ our facility. Key+Remote, Cutting and Programming

(1) (Reply)

2003 Toyota Highlander v6 Vs 2004 Honda Pilot V6 / Advice Please - What Is The Actual Cost Of A Kia Rio Engine / Mercedes-benz GLS 2017 Review: Luxury SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.