Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB (2850 Views)

I Cheated In Waec And Neco.should I Return The Certificate? / Deadline For 2012 Waec Ssce Online Registration / 2009 May/June WAEC SSCE Result Released! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Big4wig(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2014
The content is unofficial…

Dear Nigerians, the reasons for mass failure of our teenagers in public exams are not far fetched.

1 FACEBOOK,YAHOO,TWITTER,MYSPACE and generally browsing on the internet instead of reading their books

2 ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE and EUROPEAN FOOTBALL LEAGUES, it is easy for an average nigerian teenager to know the names of all chelsea players but same youths cannot tell you the square root 25 in mathematic. Worse still is that these days instead of seeing inscriptions like UNIVERSITY or SCHOLARS on the exercise books, what you see are pictures of paloma,Drogba,Beyonce,Omotola etc

3 DSTV,Home video and african movie magic, watching television and films endlessly.European champions league,English premiership,Barca,Blues,Chelsea,MAN U etc

4 GSM and BLACKBERRY, the average nigerian teenager uses the latest and expensive gsm phones just to show off that they belong,when they are actually nothing.

5 GSM TEXT LANGUAGE, I will not be surprised to see students write words like ur (for YOUR), 2moro,2mao( For tomorrow) in their EXAM sheets

6 QUEST FOR CHEAP FAME AND WEALTH, The government,electronic media(tv and radio) and companies have not been helpful at all.The average Nigerian youth especially the girls want to BE silver Birds most beautiful Girl and get cheap money and fame(Nobody has remembered all the previous miss world,but we still remember MOTHER THERESA),they want to win IDOLS WEST AFRICA, they want to be in NOLLYWOOD, they want to be TWO-FACE,they want to win maltina street dance ,they want to win starquest and GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH
Warning is that wealth gotten by vanity shall DIMINISH.

7The new craze of TALENT SHOWS: Suddenly The only talents our youths now have are music,dancing,acting and stand up comedies, they no longer have talents for maths,physics and entrepreneurship.

Leave a comment!…..Share your thought about the speculations..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by abujamal: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2014
lack of reading habit contributes to the continuing failures in the public examination. When i was in secondary school, i used to read from beinging to the end of every subjects i was offering.
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Big4wig(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2014
abujamal: lack of reading habit contributes to the continuing failures in the public examination. When i was in secondary school, i used to read from beinging to the end of every subjects i was offering.
hehe ofcourse every typical Nigerian father or elder 1 always claim to be a bookworm..oga relax cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Masta01(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2014
all i got to say DESTINY can't be BYPASSED cool
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Davidolives(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2014
abujamal: lack of reading habit contributes to the continuing failures in the public examination. When i was in secondary school, i used to read from beinging to the end of every subjects i was offering.
abeg make we hear word.the truth is that this exams are getting tougher these days or should i say the marking scheme is now harder.the way my brother read for the exams hen i didnt read half of it to pass.nevertheless he still tried an made 5credit.but during my time hen i nack A! as if its free of charge.
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Ksslib(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2014
You people sould just stop all these twitter,facebook,2go blame as reason for mass failure. Its becoming an annoying stereotype honestly!

If i may ask,arent their american/european e..tc counter-parts also exposed to such stuffs,if not even more in this jet age? Also to mention the fact that our society is less exposed to technology and mordern distractions compared to those societies.. How come mass failure(s) is predominant mostly in this part of the world?

I am not ruling out the fact there's also some un-seriousness on these kid's part but the curriculum/teachers and the way students are being taught in this part of the world plays a dare i say--- bigger role..

The joke is on you if you think a reduction on internet activities and other causes you mentioned will improve performance..

Why should the kids take 100% blame when some, if not most of the problem comes from how the educational system has been poorly engineered over time to relate with some of these kid's imagination?
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Oyetboy(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2014
all these old cargoes sef, make una parkwell jor. enough Of your 'when I was in school stories' we're tired of listening to them.
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by Donfamous(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Na only 6 and 7 I agree with Jare. Odas are either crap or talking abt d same thing which is social gadgets
Re: 7 Reasons For Mass Failure In WAEC,SSCE,NECO And JAMB by tbmas(m): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ksslib: You people sould just stop all these twitter,facebook,2go blame as reason for mass failure. Its becoming an annoying stereotype honestly!

If i may ask,arent their american/european e..tc counter-parts also exposed to such stuffs,if not even more in this jet age? Also to mention the fact that our society is less exposed to technology and mordern distractions compared to those societies.. How come mass failure(s) is predominant mostly in this part of the world?

I am not ruling out the fact there's also some un-seriousness on these kid's part but the curriculum/teachers and the way students are being taught in this part of the world plays a dare i say--- bigger role..

The joke is on you if you think a reduction on internet activities and other causes you mentioned will improve performance..

Why should the kids take 100% blame when some, if not most of the problem comes from how the educational system has been poorly engineered over time to relate with some of these kid's imagination?

and datz y dre counterparts abroad are bringing up new inventions,tell me when was d last tym u heard of a new invention,all we c is modifying brands of cars,phones,and d rest, dis is affecting all teenagers and d only dy all invent is stupid various applications 4 d internet

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Degree Certificate Allegedly Found At A ‘suya Spot’: Lasu Management Speaks / NECO 2019/2020 EXAM RUNZ : Whatsapp Group Assistance / Uniport 2015/2016 Admission Voyage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.