Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,354 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? (3972 Views)

Picture: See This Cruel Military Training Routine. / 1of D Most Cruel Ways 2die / Why Can't We Send Personal Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Seun(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2006
Carnivorous pets like dogs and cats are cruel by nature:
They love to kill defenseless animals for food.

Carnivoruous wild animals like lions, tigers, and exotic snakes are just the same:
They kill innocent wild animals for food, and sometimes just for fun.
They even attack human beings sometimes.

So why do we show them so much love?
- Why do we complain when people are cruel to these animals?
- Why do we get upset when someone kills a dog or cat for meat, research, or its fur?
- Why don't we feel guilty about killing chickens and cows that haven't hurt anyone?

In summary, why can't we be cruel to cruel animals? Why do we protect carnivorous pets/animals?
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by diddy4(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2006
really dont know what to say about this but i guess its the way it is. you cant do nuffin about them plus if we kill 'em all they did be extinct in no time.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by aykay(m): 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2006
Ever heard of a food chain? no animal kills for fun. animals attack when they feel threatened or when they are hungry, its just a game of survival.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by eveseh(f): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2006
am cruel to animals grin
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Zahymaka(m): 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2006
I suggest we also eliminate all non-vegetarian human beings on the Earth since the chickens, rabbits and beef they eat has been taken from killed animals who never did anything to them.

Funny logic.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Seun(m): 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2006
animals attack when they feel threatened or when they are hungry
Cats kill mice for food and sometimes for fun. Why can't I attack a kitty-cat when I am hungry or bored?

Ever heard of a food chain?
Well, we're on top of the food chain, so does this mean we can do whatever we like with animals? cheesy

I suggest we also eliminate all non-vegetarian human beings on the Earth since the chickens, rabbits and beef they eat has been taken from killed animals who never did anything to them.
Really, you want us to treat human being like animals? You're so cruel! shocked
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by hotangel2(f): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2006
I Hate Animals. And i'll pour hot water on anyone that comes my way to harm me. I don't like animals. Finito!

I will throw a hammer at any dog i meet.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by diddy4(m): 1:09am On Jul 23, 2006
damn, you hate them dat much? dats real cold. not a dog abeg.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by hotangel2(f): 1:17am On Jul 23, 2006
I hate them that much hun.

I would throw a brick if i see a cat. I dont like animals. Not even birds.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by diddy4(m): 1:47am On Jul 23, 2006
come on now. dont be dat mean. did dey do anything in particular to you?
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Skidoc(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2006
hot-angel:

I hate them that much hun.

I would throw a brick if i see a cat. I don't like animals. Not even birds.

And you eat them? See her mouth. Next time I see you going to McDonalds to buy that Chicken burger, I would throw a brick at you!!! tongue
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by mamaput(f): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2006
There are countries in this world were you can go to jail. for killing an animal.
I Will not say am in love with animals but i respect them.
I have a cat and i consider him partly as part of the family.We feed him and care for him. He gose out everyday and always comes back. Sometimes he fights with my kids.

Well we have pets ,wild animals and let me call the rest farm animals.
Dogs and cats are animals you can keep in the house they can almost replace people. Animals are more faithfull than most friends are.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by retro(f): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2006
Why would you want to kill animals? If they don't threaten you personally or if it isn't for feeding purposes, you should leave them alone. Although, I hate dogs and cats but I wouldn't in a million years dream of killing them.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by aykay(m): 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2006
so does this mean we can do whatever we like with animals?

we can't do woteva we like e.g grab a cat by its tail and swing it around in the air like we just don't care but killing an animal for food is justified as long as we respect nature and take into consideration animals that might become extinct if we over-indulge.

@ seun
u also said that cats kill mice for fun, how do u know it was for fun?
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Seun(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2006
We used to have cats at home. I observed them.

It's common for a mother cat to catch a rat and then bring it to its children to play with. Playing with a live rat is supposed to sharpen their hunting kills, but really it's for fun. They just love to play with mice!

It's not as if they are hungry, since we feed them anyway. They are just cruel by nature! cheesy
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by aykay(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2006
ur childhood must have been fun grin
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by desiree(f): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2006
I'm an animal lover and we can't do whatever we like with them because they are part of the environment, each and every one of them have a purpose to fulfill. If an animal’s purpose is for our nourishment then it should done in an humane way, In the UK, I’ve heard of farmers going to jail for not providing good ventilation in the places where they keep their chickens and not providing warm sleeping areas for the pigs in their farms.

I know I could bite someone that hits a dog in my presence cry
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by Oracle(m): 5:48am On Jul 25, 2006
thatz for any other person, as for me any animal wey i no like i fit kill am
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by iice(f): 5:58am On Jul 25, 2006
Animal lover here well jst for some animals sha lol, i mean i love Tigers but that dont mean say if e attack me i no go try kill am? But if ne1 touch ma dogs badly, he he, he he
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by niterider(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2006
I guess the poster of this topic never heard of food chain.If u kill ur so called cruel animals,then how do u control the population of animals in the world.How wld u feel if gazels and antelope populate the earth to the point where they roam around our cities?Thats wat happens when u kill predators.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by bluenubian(f): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2006
@niterider
nice point

@seun
i cant believe u ll come up with this nonsensical statement, animals that kill other animals are not cruel, they do that to survive and heck ever heard if "balance of nature". now if a animal kills a human being like at the zoo or something then i guess the animal gets killed to protect other people

vegitarians thats their problem. it will be the end of the world before i give up my wonderful filet mignon
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by kellorah: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2006
i dont like animals i dont mind killing them
ive killed chickens before! it aint new to me

don't be cruel to them shaa cos in the papers there's always stories like someone tumble drying their cats and sh** like that.
i'm not gonna have any pet. cant be bothered to look after them
i am not against animal testing. who else are we meant to test make-ups and stuff on? ME?u?
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by bluenubian(f): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2006
oh i forgot

i am a vegetarian. i eat chicken, steak, goat, lamb, veal, beef, ham, but i dont eat Fish embarassed. thats vegetarian enough for me, so do i still qualify to join the vegan club tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by kellorah: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2006
bluenubian:

oh i forgot

i am a vegetarian. i eat chicken, steak, goat, lamb, veal, beef, ham, but i don't eat Fish embarassed. thats vegetarian enough for me, so do i still qualify to join the vegan club tongue tongue tongue
lol.
i bet you just can't resist meat.especially SUYA cheesy
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by bluenubian(f): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2006
@kelloggs

hmm suya, more reasons to be a meat lover grin grin

i love animals and am against animal cruelty, but i chug down a steak b4 u can say "animal right"
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by kellorah: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
bluenubian:

@kelloggs

hmm suya, more reasons to be a meat lover grin grin

i love animals and am against animal cruelty, but i chug down a steak before u can say "animal right"[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

lmao blue
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by mustafar1: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2006
i have a lion cub living in my basement. feed it one chicken a day.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by mukina2: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2006
@must ta far shocked shocked shocked shocked
it will eat you oneday
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by bluenubian(f): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
@mustafa
am calling animal rights on u right now, what da heck is a lion doing in ur basement in New york city
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by kellorah: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2006
no mind am. he's joking. he wants us to say 'can we come to your house and see it?'
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by mustafar1: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2006
kellorah u so smart. u couldnt have said it better

I'm going to donate it to the zoo later but right now. na me get am.

anyways all y'all are welcome to visit my mini zoo after i'm done setting it up. looking to get a gator or some kind of reptile next.
Re: Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? by bluenubian(f): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2006
@mustafa
is that your way off telling me to check out your profile, it says your location right below your name u know? or did u forget, and as for that lion, i hope u kidding cause a lion is not supposed to be in your basement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday UjSizzle / A List Of Names Of Angels We Dont Know About And Their Meaning / Woman Trying To Strip & Rape Mad Man Subdued After Fight (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.