Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,839 members, 7,828,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Modem Or Mifi? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Modem Or Mifi? (718 Views)

How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modem Or Mifi? by Johnnywheels: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys!!
I'm wondering if there would be any significant speed increase in switching from a modem to a mifi device??
I presently use an internet modem to connect to the internet. I'm a heavy internet user and so i'm all for really fast internet speed. I understand mifi devices are meant for connecting multiple devices to access the internet... And i've also heard in some quarters that it offers higher speed internet
So i want to know, would there be any significant increase in speed if i got mifi device?
Re: Modem Or Mifi? by Johnnywheels: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2014
Its either no one has an answer or no one wants to help at all!!
Re: Modem Or Mifi? by netotse(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2014
it depends on the ISP, the networks that offer Mifis are capable of offering faster speeds and usually do where you have such networks but then they can be just as frustrating as your GSM providers.
Re: Modem Or Mifi? by Johnnywheels: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
netotse: it depends on the ISP, the networks that offer Mifis are capable of offering faster speeds and usually do where you have such networks but then they can be just as frustrating as your GSM providers.

Thanks bro.. I Really appreciate your response. So in other words, a mifi device is significantly faster than a modem?
Re: Modem Or Mifi? by netotse(m): 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Johnnywheels:
Thanks bro.. I Really appreciate your response. So in other words, a mifi device is significantly faster than a modem?

They are built to deliver data at faster speeds. But the koko of what you're asking is will they be faster than a gsm modem? The answer isnt that simple.

It depends on the congestion in your area on both netowrks, the isps themselves and a host of other things.
However, Since you want a definite answer I will give you one, the mifi is likely to be faster but it will still have it's down days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who's Selling Htc One M8 Dual Sim / Downgrade From Andriod Kitkat 4.4 To 4.3 / Hot : Download Unlimitedly On Your Etisalat Simcards Using UCWEB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.