Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination (37157 Views)

Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup / No Change In 2015 Africa Cup Schedule Over Ebola – CAF / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by michealade(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2014
Soon...it will get to all d 36hells in naija.....This would be a lesson to other growing countries!!Mehn,naija govt. Sux!They owe money,they fraud,they kill,they r not security wise,the increase poverty,they dont fulfill promises,they go all potical during elections,they dont care abt nigerians abroad,nothing has been done to d benefit of the masses,they v sold out d country.we just dont knw it yet..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by michealade(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2014
timpaker: We didn't discriminate em during the time of SARS
boss,please how many nigerians where enlightened about SARS.all dis network providers dat should be helping would be telling u to get ebola news @#50....They seem to also wana make money with this ebola tin
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by russello: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2014
Hope the Spanish team was quarantined as well? angry
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by bknight: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2014
Who is the ambassador to China? He should be recalled.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Idrismusty97(m): 10:20am On Aug 14, 2014
When we are discriminated/mock because of Boko Haram you all would rain curses on Northerners, now i wonder who you would blame for this. Fortunately a Northerner wasn't in power when Ebola hit Nigeria. Instead of looking for solutions we keep on blaming ourselves. At this rate Nigeria is heading for a free fall....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by condralbede(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2014
Eve62:

WTH concerns APC wit Ebola. Must u involve politics in dis?
Haba madam d dude is just joking nah....don't b too hard on urself.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
Dannyxy: please stop this assumptions, the athletes were cleared here in Nigeria, when they got there, they were tested and it was still negative. how do you know that they did not get there early?, as a matter they did, and they were quarantined immediately, what made the n.s.c to take the decision was because of the extreme discrimination, it got so bad that the athletes were being tested two-three times a day Chinese, who does that?, it's enough to psychological break down the athletes. ..

In that case... FHUCK the Chinese. angry

The Nigerian Government should round up all the China people in Nigeria, put them in a concentration Camp and test them for the H5 N1 Virus a.k.a SARS till we feel like they are okay to be released. angry

#Pfft.. I forgot, The Chinese own a healthy percentage of our economy. sad

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by akpanikpe(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
Stupid chinko peeps, them for de quarantine dos multimillionaires wey de do biz with dem na.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2014
Nigerians!!! You guys never cease to amaza me!!! I am reading stupid posts from stupid people shouting race discrimination? Wow okay let me indulge stupid people and reply you!
1. If you were the Chinese and these people came from 2 countries both with ebola crisis like Australia and Nigeria.

2. Australia have serious government who if they had been in Nigeria's situation with a good 3 months prior notice as at when Ebola first entered the West African region, their government would have set up quarantine and CDC center for disease control offices at all airports, borders, seaports etc, at every possible point of entry into the country so no how a Mr sawyer can enter.

3. Nigeria who did nothing yet knew that this disease was in near by countries, up til today if you have ebola in cotonu you can walk into Nigeria, a few hungry looking customs men will ask you to settle them or they will take you for anal Ebola testing?

4. Seriously which of these two counties would you send out of your country? Forget that one of them have predominantly white citizens?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Amack(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2014
BlackBerry Z30 becomes gold winner in consumer product of the year award.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/blackberry-z30-becomes-gold-winner-consumer-product-year-award/
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Afrok(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2014
himkers: since this Ebola of a thing became serious, you hardly see The police and road safety officials on the road stopping motorists cheesy..........This is the part of Ebola that I love soo welll grin grin
haha... Bro abeg Ebola don dey drive and waka for road? Are there drivers using Ebola as plate numbers or carrying the virus inside their vehicles like passengers? If so the police should arrest them and the virus for virus trafficking wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Both of you are correct....my initial post was in anger.

Sometimes,in preventive health....overcautious behaviour is good.

In preventive health fear can be dangerous.
They only need to take reasonable precautions but from the gist they've actually gone over board.

If not for the high mortality rate a disease outbreak that has been raging for over 8 months (since December 2013) but has affected less than 2,500 people would hardly warrant a mention.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2014
Why all the noise,you all should blame the idiotic president for not bearing the Liberians from coming in.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by ElFenomeno1: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2014
bankyblue:

re u ruben abite or doyin okupe?

why should i tell u!

I knew all along you were a fu...cking pillock!

So long sucker!

St....upid plank
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by XKZ(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: When we are discriminated/mock because of Boko Haram you all would rain curses on Northerners, now i wonder who you would blame for this.

Liberia - Sawyer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by buJu234: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2014
ibkgab001: There is God !!!

What does God has to do with. ..

Nigeria a country that heavenly minded but early useless. ..

Thats why the religious leaders are making it while the economy is not growing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by MrT2011(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2014
NIGERIA IS CURSED!

THE PEOPLE IN IT ARE INSIDIOUSLY BECOMING DOOMED!!

DOOMSDAYS ARE ON THE COUNT DOWN!!!
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by dammytosh: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2014
How ?

They are doing the right thing.

If Nigeria had done that to all the people coming from Ebola infected region then. We won't be where we are now.

All Governments can not be as useless as our country.

Let the athletes pack their bags and come home abeg.

Imagine if Ebola mistakenly creep to china with population of 1Billion + ...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2014
I feel pity for these yong athletes, see the way they are been treated, shattering young dreams but then, you can't blame China. If Nigeria had been this careful in the first place, Sawyer would have been the only one that waka go.
Please yall shouldn't insult China for anything, they are taking their own preventive measures.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by bankyblue(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

I knew all along you were a fu...cking pillock!

So long sucker!

thats ur problem bro tongue
hope am not giving u an emotional issue tongue
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by saintsylve(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2014
otijah: i seriously blame APC for this nobody should quote me or ..

Hummm, another p-war looming
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by scobaba: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
angry The official training i was to undergo in Milan Italy next Month has also been suspended indefinitely because of ebola scare.
Infact, all meetings and conferences to lagos has been post poned till further notice.

we just siddon for Abuja dey look.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2014
otijah: i seriously blame APC for this nobody should quote me or ..
seconded. cry cry
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Endougs(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by saintsylve(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2014
At least, they were taking a proactive measure. So, I don't blame them because that is what a responsible government should be doing.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by howfarwhatagwan: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
So sad but you cannot blame them for being so pro-active if our Government had been this pro-active Sawyer wouldn't have made it into the country in the first place... truth be told our federal Government undermined the situation and measures were not put in place what stopped them from implementing the measures currently put in place at the airport several months before? Well right now we are helpless we can only pray for a miraculous extinction of this virus or discovery of a drug. Read on this forum yesterday that a certain Nigerian doctor has submitted a therapy that may help now we need to move fast to clinically test this therapy and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by johnahmed: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.Forupgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Pataki: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2014
The Chinese are well known for their over reaction to health issues.

I remember some years ago when the bird flu disease was raging in the UK, the only people I would see walking around in London with air masks on their faces were Chinese people. I found it annoying, but hey that is just the way they are I guess.

I blame our government for allowing all these megedefegede for real. Had we shut our borders since March that this Ebola virus had been raging all across neighboring countries to us, we would not be in this predicament and show of disgrace that we are now facing everywhere. Instead the foolish government of Nigeria was lying to us that they have medications against Ebola and it is all under control.

Even embassies of various countries in Nigeria are now refusing visas for Nigerians.

We have a useless government. Yet some m0r0ons still want this doofus of a leader to continue in government. Wait till Ebola visits Aso Rock. Thank God that disease is no respecter of person or authority.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by folu4real(f): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2014
Ebola is giving more room for racism. Abeg make una come home. It is well. May God cleanse Nigeria and other Africa from this deadly disease called EBOLA.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by goshen26: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2014
if I were to b gej, oya discrimination don start o. all these chinko here go hear am.
Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by dammytex: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2014
Before we start blaming; if we were to hear that about 50 sportsmen and women are coming from Liberia to Lagos;

Are we sure we would not do the same? we are still cursing the only one primary donor not to talk of about 50 potential donors if infected.

Just think about it...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Those of you who support the motion that this humiliation was instigated by APC should say Ayee.....those against say Nee...............I belief the ayees av it gringringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / Shakhtar Donetsk's Junior Coach Killed In Ukraine Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.