Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English (911 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / Are Smartphones Affecting Our Written And Spoken English Skills? / How To Improve My Spoken English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2014
Speaking English language in the primary school days somehow sounded funny.
Especially we the 'ajepakos' that attended private primary schools, like me, SammyHoe, Stormybucci, Edogho, Maputohq, Temitope Daniel, Papindinho and others cheesy
(surprised how I knew? abi shey I lie ni)

You can imagine that feeling.....you will want to feel among and speak English, sometimes mixing Yoruba(or whatever language is yours) and English together grin

What are those funny statements you made in your primary school days? Or perhaps you hear children around you say.

Let's share the here...and have fun. cheesy
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2014
that moment you want to threaten your mate with your Uncle or Aunty....or you caught someone doing something:

"I will(pronounced as 'we') tell"

other funny statements:
"Oya, dress for me..."(I don't really know the correct English sentence to use here sef; shift for me or make some space? grin)

"Uncle, come and(pronounced as 'an') see Stormybucci here oooo, he take my pencil"

That moment your teacher asks you, "Kingphillip, where's Flakkydagirl" and you reply,
"Aunty, I no no ooo, she say she no come school cheesy"

other sentences like,
"Copy copy....follow follow....begi begi grin"

I'm sure the funniest would be the national anthem, and the pledge grin

oya, add yours o jare grin
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by ademega(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2014
She has taken the children of my biro .
Tope is looking for my troblube .
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2014
grin
ademega: She has taken the children of my biro .
Tope is looking for my troblube .
hahahaha,
abi she has taken my biro cover wink

@the bolded,
when Tope says I we beat you ooo
you reply: "them no born you well" grin
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2014
I sight you oo, yhermiee.
Oya come an drop yours too wink

@olanikeh, oya drop your first comment here,

abi you want me to give you jackpan? grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by maputohq: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Aunty, i am not well.
somebody iyaff mess, who mess?

How u take know say I be ajepako wey attend private primary school? grin

I Neva said those ooo. my mother could speak well, so I learnt from her.

*I just come house from school...exam. @ princeadepoju
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
maputohq: Aunty, i am not well.
somebody iyaff mess, who mess?

How u take know say I be ajepako wey attend private primary school? grin

I Neva said those ooo. my mother could speak well, so I learnt from her.

*I just come house from school...exam. @ princeadepoju
do you remember the song?
"who mess, tolo tolo mess?" and the broom thing...like casting lot to know who 'messed' grin

*I wish you success, bro. How was the exam?*
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by papindinho(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Uncle, they (instead of he/she) are (is) calling you...lol.

I we (will) tell aunty, you are eating ikunmu (mucus)
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by stormybucci(m): 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Speaking English language in the primary school days somehow sounded funny.
Especially we the 'ajepakos' that attended private primary schools, like me, SammyHoe, Stormybucci, Edogho, Maputohq, Temitope Daniel, Papindinho and others cheesy
(surprised how I knew? abi shey I lie ni)

You can imagine that feeling.....you will want to feel among and speak English, sometimes mixing Yoruba(or whatever language is yours) and English together grin

What are those funny statements you made in your primary school days? Or perhaps you hear children around you say.

Let's share the here...and have fun. cheesy
see dis boy oo, me is nt ajepako oo, me is ajebota... But we spoke crazy english lyk
oya dress(adjust) for me,
leeme(leave me) alone,
princeadepoju is finding for my trouble oo
lolzz
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
papindinho: Uncle, they (instead of he/she) are (is) calling you...lol.

I we (will) tell aunty, you are eating ikunmu (mucus)

ikunmu ke?

ayamakata grin
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
stormybucci: see dis boy oo, me is nt ajepako oo, me is ajebota... But we spoke crazy english lyk
oya dress(adjust) for me,
leeme(leave me) alone,
princeadepoju is finding for my trouble oo
lolzz
@the bolded, have you seen it? grin

...your head is not correct tongue grin
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by stormybucci(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: @the bolded, have you seen it? grin

...your head is not correct tongue grin
bo bo yi masukun ooo.... see im head like coffin.. mtcheew
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by Donjcco(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
brb
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by maputohq: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: do you remember the song?
"who mess, tolo tolo mess?" and the broom thing...like casting lot to know who 'messed' grin

*I wish you success, bro. How was the exam?*

I remember the song so well grin but I don't know bout the later...

Exam was cool...tnx
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by ERCROSS(m): 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
mehn..
I cud remember wen my teacher asked me (class captain) :: ercross, where is seun osewa
Me:: aunty , iyaff go o..undecided
aunty:: gone to where
me:: auntie. me I no no oo..
Anoda one of dose numerous blunders was wen a pupil was sent to call her class teacher..
on sighting her class teacher, she said "
'auntie, dems calling you'..
#Ajekpako_united..been confabulating since 1759.. grin
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by edogho(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
see pako them sha, it is by force? abeg lee me o, ayam not speaking jor grin #teamplankstars
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by stormybucci(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
edogho: see pako them sha, IT IS BY FORCE? abeg lee me o, ayam not speaking jor grin #teamplankstars
lwkmd.... olodo ni bobo yi oooo
Re: Share Your Funny Primary School Spoken English by olanikeh: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
PrinceAdepoju:
I sight you oo, yhermiee.
Oya come an drop yours too wink

@olanikeh, oya drop your first comment here,

abi you want me to give you jackpan? grin

You talking to me?

(1) (Reply)

Securing Admission Into Lagos State Secondary School. / Maersk APM Terminals Scholarship!!! / 21 Amazing Facts You Never Knew!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.