Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,835 members, 7,956,153 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (932 Views)

Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / Php Developers On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

. by GateKeeper247: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: . by LordRahl001: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
GateKeeper247: This goes out to all the Nigerian Computer Science fresh out of school students and aspiring Interns; and finding it difficult to get a job,
SOMETHING IS WRONG, Cause all over the world the DEMAND for Computer Scientist has been on the rise; you would be needed to solve varying problems
including Analysing and Predicting the Trends in JOBLESSNESS in the Market.
SO Here are some steps you should do and I BET you If you follow these steps you'd be refusing JOBs and Possibly Create some for
Others
1. Please Pick a Programming Language; Learn It; and try to Perfect It; No IT Company is willilng to spend money or time to train you.
2. Practice Daily to be Relevant; Truth be told A Computer Scientist/Developer that getz Obsolete would be out of a JOB soon.
3. Try and Build a PortFolio; This could be hard but please try any little thing you can do to capture your Interviewer do it; What most Companies want
with your Portfolio; is not necessarily the complexity of the program; but once they're convinced you've touched on the parts they use in their day
to day job; BELIEVE ME that JOB is YOURS.
4. Ensure you Work with the Latest Technologies; these would keep you current and on the EDGE; Most companies are trying to use the Latest Tools so they'd
Love to have you onboard;
5. Keep Motivated; BELIEVE ME that is all you need, Every Programmer Struggled One Way or the Other to get to where they're so itz okay if you don't know how
just ask around and you'd find your way.
My Company and Lotz of Companies around are always; I mean alwayz on the Look-out for A+ Developers because "SOFTWARE IS EATING THE WORLD!" so that should be your Goal Becoming an A+ Dev. When you
get closer to becoming an A+ Dev[Cause No one gets there!!!] you would Event get Outsourced JOBs FROM OVERSEAs. So all the best and Hope this Helps.
Nyc 1 bro. but why should you be looking for a job when u r sooo good at something!!! Y not delve into your creative mind, find a need and fill it. again nyc post

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Solve This Program / A Career In Programming Vs A Career In Law,accounting, etc.. / How Do I Set Up A STATION For Coding In Php And Mysql On My Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.