Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed (883 Views)

Mikel Snubbed Our Appointment – Oliseh / Ronaldo Leads, Barcelona Dominates Top Ten Goals Of 2014/2015 UCL / Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by timbros(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2014

The 10-man shortlist has been reduced to three, with the Ballon d'Or holder set to battle it out with Bayern Munich duo Arjen Robben and Manuel Neuer for the prize

Manuel Neuer, Arjen Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo have been named as the final three nominees for the Uefa Best Player in Europe award.

The trio were named as part of an initial 10-man shortlist announced in July, which included Angel Di Maria, Diego Costa, Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi, Philipp Lahm, James Rodriguez and Thomas Muller.

Current Ballon d'Or holder Ronaldo has now been voted into the final three, along with Bayern Munich's star winger Robben and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, who added the World Cup to his Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal successes last season, but Barcelona's Argentine star could only finish fifth in the voting.

The winner will be announced on August 28 in Monaco during the group-stage draw for the Champions League.

The Uefa Best Player prize began in 2011 under an initiative from Uefa president Michel Platini and European Sports Media group. Lionel Messi won the first prize, before Andres Iniesta in 2012 and Franck Ribery last year.

A jury of journalists from each of Uefa's member associations voted for the initial 10-man shortlist, using a system of points. A panel of 54 experts will now vote live on August 28 for the winner. The positions of the remaining seven players in the list will stay the same.

The final three nominees for the Best Women's Player in Europe were also unveiled, with Nilla Fischer, Nadine Kessler and Martina Muller - of Wolfsburg - the names to garner the most votes.

Uefa Best Player nominees - remaining top 10 (in order of voting):

4: Thomas Muller (Bayern)
5: Philipp Lahm (Bayern)
=: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
7: James Rodriguez (Real Madrid)
8: Luis Suarez (Barcelona)
9: Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
10: Diego Costa (Chelsea)

Sauce cool

Personally, I think Muller should have been there ahead of Neuer.

What do you guys think?
Who would win it?
Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by Djicemob: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Another one for cr7.He is the best three players in the world right now.Yea i know wat i jus wrote.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by timbros(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Djicemob: Another one for cr7.He is the best three players in the world right now.Yea i know wat i jus wrote.

lol....

As in 1st: C. Ronaldo, 2nd: C. Ronaldo, 3rd: C. Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by Djicemob: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
timbros:

lol....

As in 1st: C. Ronaldo, 2nd: C. Ronaldo, 3rd: C. Ronaldo
Exactlygrin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 5:08am On Aug 15, 2014
HATERZ b like ......dis Ronaldo again
cr7 carry go jawie u are d best

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by timbros(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
And this is the Messi that just won Golden Ball last month o. Hmmmm....

#OjoroFifa

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by tuffgongjo(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
timbros:

Sauce cool

Personally, I think Muller should have been there ahead of Neuer.

What do you guys think?
Who would win it?
muller wasn't the outstanding player for bayern last season,robben$neuer were ahead of him.
Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by tuffgongjo(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
I see him bagging this award based on his record breaking season with the Galaticos both in the ucl$liga.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Leads Uefa Best Player In Europe Nominees As Messi Is Snubbed by timbros(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
tuffgongjo: muller wasn't the outstanding player for bayern last season,robben$neuer were ahead of him.

Forget all the dribbles, Muller is a more complete player. Even Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry, said so. You need to really watch this guy. His ball control, his ability to read the game. He knows when to take a shot and when to lay a pass, unlike selfish Robben. What about his defensive abilities? He tracks back to help the defense when needed. Forget, Muller plays with all his heart for Bayern/Germany like say na him papa get the team.

Dont get me wrong. Robben is a fantastic player, thats why he is up there among the top 3.

Personally, my top 3, in descending order are:

* Cristiano Ronaldo
* Thomas Muller
* Arjen Robben

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Movie Of All Times? / Supercopa 2nd Leg TONIGHT 9:25PM: Athletico Madrid Vs Real Madrid / Serena Williams Is Desperately Searching! Complains About A*s Being Too Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.