Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps (1417 Views)

How To Alleviate Menstrual Cramps With Yoga Exercises [PICTURES And VIDEO] / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Do you have period cramps??

Is it mild,moderate or severe?

Does it interfere in your daily activities?

Do you have a remedy for it?

Ladies lets help each other,tell us about your period cramps and how you handle it. You can also enlighten us more on the difference b/w normal period cramps and abnormal cramps
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by alorax2(f): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Hardly have cramps but My Sis does, she lies down on her back and did a deep breath exercise, she does not take any cold drinks
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
alorax2: Hardly have cramps but My Sis does, she lies down on her back and did a deep breath exercise, she does not take any cold drinks
wow you are lucky,trust me u will not like 2 have cramps. Please can you kindly explain how the excercise is done?
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by Oluwawapelumi(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2014
A friend normally do and always weak through out the period coupled with loss of appetite. I just make her a syrup of glucose D in water so she can regain her strenght.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Oluwawapelumi: A friend normally do and always weak through out the period coupled with loss of appetite. I just make her a syrup of glucose D in water so she can regain her strenght.
does the syrup eliminate the cramps
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by liliangmail(f): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2014
mine normaly start wif loss of appetite few days b4 d D-day. dn followed by severe cramps nd mood swing! But recently i do take PCM a day b4 and it helps a lili
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by alorax2(f): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2014
faithugo64: wow you are lucky,trust me u will not like 2 have cramps. Please can you kindly explain how the excercise is done?

She lies flat on her back, relaxed and she breath in deeply, she takes alot of fluid but not cold ones o, and most importantly she focus her attention on pleasant things and not d cramps, it helps alot
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by demmyluv90(f): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Moderate sha, Warm water n panadol. Then I'll walk around.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
demmyluv90: Moderate sha, Warm water n panadol. Then I'll walk around.
lucky u,panadol and pcm doesnt work for me. Any other remedy?
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mine have always been painful cry . Mild cramps start two or three days before my period and becomes more serious on the first and second day. I'm used to it anyway, embarassed embarassed
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by LBlessing(f): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
A friend of mine makes lipton tea without milk or sugar and then sips gradually. I've never tried it, so I don't know how effective it is.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
ojokojonwanyi: Mine have always been painful cry . Mild cramps start two or three days before my period and becomes more serious on the first and second day. I'm used to it anyway, embarassed embarassed
used to it?can never get used to that oooo
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by demmyluv90(f): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
faithugo64: lucky u,panadol and pcm doesnt work for me. Any other remedy?
I'll jst pray, no need to kabash, jst say it like u r talking to som1
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
blend bitter Kola,Ginger and garlic add lime juice, take it 1tablespoonful 2x a day.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 9:26am On Aug 16, 2014
BLOSSOM20: blend bitter Kola,Ginger and garlic add lime juice, take it 1tablespoonful 2x a day.
can't imagine the taste,do you take that?
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by ShirelleBaby: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
mine is always TERRIBLE-i vomit and purge @ the same time-for fast relief-I TAKE FELVIN and PANADOL EXTRA-if I am not in the mood for drugs,I sit in my hot bathtub for as long as 3 hours den have my bath and sleep on my tummy.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2014
ShirelleBaby: mine is always TERRIBLE-i vomit and purge @ the same time-for fast relief-I TAKE FELVIN and PANADOL EXTRA-if I am not in the mood for drugs,I sit in my hot bathtub for as long as 3 hours den have my bath and sleep on my tummy.
sorry i feel your pains
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by drkay(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Why not see doctor?
Anyway, abdominal cramps is one of the features of a condition called premenstrual syndrome. It may occur in isolation or with other complaints. It also varies in severity. Its usually seen among those that are yet to start bearing children and may not be due to any underlying cause, if we see it in parous women, we may have to investigate it further as this may suggest an underlying pathology like uterine fibroid.
Treatment is usually offered symptomatically with some ppl requiring hospital admission in severe cases. Pain resulting frm the abdominal Cramps may be relieved with analgesics, NSAIDs in appropriate doses. U may not be qualified to take some medications based on your previous medical conditions. I'll suggest you seek medical care.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by faithugo64(f): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
drkay: Why not see doctor?
Anyway, abdominal cramps is one of the features of a condition called premenstrual syndrome. It may occur in isolation or with other complaints. It also varies in severity. Its usually seen among those that are yet to start bearing children and may not be due to any underlying cause, if we see it in parous women, we may have to investigate it further as this may suggest an underlying pathology like uterine fibroid.
Treatment is usually offered symptomatically with some ppl requiring hospital admission in severe cases. Pain resulting frm the abdominal Cramps may be relieved with analgesics, NSAIDs in appropriate doses. U may not be qualified to take some medications based on your previous medical conditions. I'll suggest you seek medical care.
tnx dear,u speak like a doc,are you one?
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by drkay(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
faithugo64: tnx dear,u speak like a doc,are you one?
U are welcome, Yes I am.
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am planning in it.I came across it on. health section. a friend of mine used Ginger and garlic and it worked for her.the only thing stopping me is the smell after taking it not the taste
Re: Ladies Come In Lets Discuss And Educate Each Other On Period Cramps by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Kindly follow back
demmyluv90: I'll jst pray, no need to kabash, jst say it like u r talking to som1

(1) (Reply)

Painful Urination, Fever, Red Eyes / What Exactly Is The Microwave Doing To Your Food? / What Doctors Are Say About Kangen Water 'miracle Healing Water'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.