Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Please,how Do I Resolve This? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please,how Do I Resolve This? (653 Views)

Come Over Here To Resolve Your PC Issues Both Soft And Hardware Related! / How To Resolve ====window 7, Build 7600 : This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine / Please Help Me To Resolve This Error From My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please,how Do I Resolve This? by dandollar1: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2008
1.for sometime now,My computer has not been responding to any attachment weather pictures or documents.when i click on an attachment,it doesnt respond,even when i try to "save as".

2.when i log on to yahoo msg, i culd chat with frends on my list, but immidiately i enter a chat room,and click on a name,it stops responding,and i must close and sign in again before i could chat with pple on my list.

i would be very grateful if anyone culd profer a soluton on how to resolve these.
Re: Please,how Do I Resolve This? by ExInferis(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2008
your problem is not narrow enough to pinpoint a solution, you should let us know the type of browser you use, your memory size, your operating system (ie Xp or Vista)and your antiviral apps; all these can affect online experience but lets start with probable cause:

1. ATTACHMENTS

Certain web browsers don't work entirely well with Yahoo especially Opera. try refreshing the page. to narrow down probabilities, try downloading attachments again with either firefox or Internet Explorer. if it turns out the problem is spread across other browsers then the problem lies elsewhere, but we have succeeded in eliminating browser incompatibility.

next check your Antivirus settings, some do not allow downloads of specific filetypes. temporarily stop your antiV and try.

if it still doesnt work then we have eliminated 2 probable causes.

next go to your Internet Security settings in the Tools section of IE and lower your security settings.

if none of thse work then your problem lies elsewhere.

2. YAHOO MESSENGER

entering a chatroom loads cookies into your system, so try deleting cookies and see if that works, if it doesnt then try downloading the latest version of YAhoo Msesenger.

note that Yahoo is trying to eliminate chatroom-based Instant Messaging and settle on buddy lists only like Google Talk etc.

(1) (Reply)

Online Laptop Repair Guides / Use Of Express Outlook / Softwares And Anti-viruses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.