Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Tale Of An Islamic Masquerade.* Niquab* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tale Of An Islamic Masquerade.* Niquab* (605 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Why Is There An Islamic Inscription On The Nigerian Army Logo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of An Islamic Masquerade.* Niquab* by Donfamous(m): 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
NB: This is a faction, and don't mind my use of words I aint a writer. Thanks.

There were these twins as usually named TAIYE and KEHINDE. They were my senior in secondary school. With two years. Both in d same class but we attended different schools but know them in my hood.
Both were short and a little robust, from Muslim parents, and both were girls. Taiye was gentle, (don't know if she's obedient) but I hardly hear other people complain about her. KEHINDE on the other hand was wayward, I mean really wayward, going out with different guys and some how a no nonsense person, u can't win her in a fight. Both finished secondary in the same year, none of them had the mind to further their education, Taiye began to learn tailoring, while kehinde was a learnin a work also (don't know exactly).
When they wanted to do their walimot ( an Islamic graduation from an Islamic school) a woman had to advice them to dress decently, for the time being that after the time ehn ehn they can now dress how they like (can u imagine that.) well they did (d twins and others involved) recently not upto 3 -4 months I saw Kehinde using a big hijab ( a Muslim covering for women), gloves and socks only leaving the face. The Hijab is upto six yards. (lolz.). So I asked people (cos we are no longer living around after ma secondary education, but ma mums business is around the place,) why she was dressing that way, and they told me that her wedding day si forthcoming, what! I exclaimed, she is not in school talkless of graduating, don't think she has any job at hand, and she want to marry? So I asked why she was dressing that way only to be told that she was going to marry an alfa (an Islamic scholar) even heard they met on FB (don't know how true that is) well on the eve of the wedding the venue was directly opposite my mums working place, so I saw their flex (couple to be) cool, was around the area till nigth so on my way going, I saw that her friends organised a party for her, thinking that will be her last party amongst her peers. She was in the middle doing what she knows how to do best.
On the d day. Twas a Saturday. (wasn't there though, but ma sis was there) the Husby came from Ibadan, and to my surprise she has two wives bfor. Hmmm. So the party was still going when they were introducing the family member, the mother of the groom was masked, they pointed to her where she was seated but no one could see her face, the two wives were masked, and other family members as long as they are married their wives were masked so it was a gathering of masquerades and the alfas that tie heavy cloths (turban don't know if I'l ryt) on their heads with heavy beards. *fast forward* they called the bride forward (every one still in joyous mood) and they exclaimed Oti fewo o Oti fewo o ( she wants to wear it she wants to wear it) evry one focused their attention on them even the passersby cos its an open space they shouted the same thing again about 3 times and two men at her back brought out a black thick cloth from a bag and forced it on her. Gbam!!! the ppl form the groom side shouted in victory, while the brides side were like mourning as if they've lost a child( haven't they?) and the visitors from the mothers side started vacating their seats one after the other, her friends were at the verge of tears I know that she'll also be shedding tears also. Two men held her like a drunken and weak masquerade and took her to her father's house, which was abt 2 minutes away from the venue, maybe telling her that's the last time she'll ever sleep there not upto two minutes they were back. And they took her to the bus they brought (danfo) off to Ibadan.

Now my point, why are people living as if they are in 19th century. A lady that can be better for the society is being taken to captive, where is the right of feminism? Heard that she can't even go to visit her parents except when she's pregnant, some said when she give birth. All d same that is Bondage, her face won't be seen any more only her voice will be heard, even some Muslims there were against it, since then the mother hasn't been so happy, if she collects half a million won't she finish it, what is there in this religion that its still being practiced? Well let's hear ur observations and comments.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra -protests Pics Overdemolition Of Ebenezer Anglicanchurch 3-3 / Identify Your Identity ( A Message For Reasonable People) / God Of All Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.