Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Is It Ok? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok? (1958 Views)

Is It Ok For Ex To Be Wife Makeup Artist For Wedding / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok? by SAMBARRY: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2014
stan4b: She wasn't too serious wen she told her,she just told her jokinly,nd she also told her hw much she appreciates her gesture.
the elders say there's always an element of seriousness in every joke. You might think she's joking but she's using wisdom to stylishly pass a message across.

If I were you I'll tell her straight up that I appreciate her efforts but it's not necessary however it will be more respectable and it won't make you appear desperate if you stop it . However if I come to your house I can eat your food

by the way if you guys end up not getting married, how will you both feel including your mom knowing she was always bringing food to your house. Moreover your mom can be seeing things you can't see

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 16, 2014
The truth is that its your mothers house, if she doesnt like that then it has to stop. When your brother gets his own house then they can do as they please. Everyone makes the rules for their home no matter how "fair" on "unfair" it seems, its her home, her rules need to be respected

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by thorpido(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2014
lexajen: I'm not a poster on Nairaland.com but I observe posts and threads a lot.

Why is it that in this world, people are so insensitive and reckles with their word?

Do you know if the Op is the one with the issue, do you know weda his gf is reading all this post.

Maybe why am reacting like this is because of a post I was just informed of.

Is because of me, chai see insult flying everywhere. No one knows my part of the story. I cannot say anything on the post because it will be like washing of linen in public.

Please people should be kinder and more objective with their words.

Thankyou.
Young lady,I know you are a nice person and you like to cook.However,there is time for everything.Wisdom is profitable to direct.When your boyfriend comes to your place,cook for him and let him eat it there.There are other ways to show you are that wife material to your boyfriend's mother.
For now,drop the carrying of cooked food to their house.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by collins2gee(m): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2014
Back in the day, my brother had a girlfriend who was like a daughter to my mother. She was a really great girl and would, once in a while, bring some delicacies for me and my brother. She was a really good girl and wasn't doing it with an ulterior motive as she was no ass-kisser. If your mum objects to your bro's GF bringing food to the house then its not okay. Case closed. Mothers, they see things ! Discountenance their advise at your peril.
Re: Is It Ok? by Tvegas(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
Some people just have whack ideas about gift giving even though her intention may be noble. And she will do herself good by staying away from your mum's cooking domain till she marries your brother. But OP on a lighter note if I were you, I will go the extra mile to draft a timetable for her. This week will be iyan and efo riro, next week na yam porridge, upper week na akamu and akara etc etc. Funny girl.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok? by Edykul(f): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2014
Personally,I don't even like d idea.Since ur mum told her 2 stop it,fine.Mayb she should cook ur own ONLY nd bring 4 u without mum seein it(dats if u r interested oooo).Lol
Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Your mother has the right to reject the food if she thinks it is wrong for one reason or another.

I don't think it is wrong for the girl to bring food. I think it is very nice of her. If I was your mother, I would find ways to return this nice gesture but your mother thinks differntly about it and you people have to respect it.

Did you ask your mother why she thinks it is wrong?
Re: Is It Ok? by stan4b(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe: Your mother has the right to reject the food if she thinks it is wrong for one reason or another.

I don't think it is wrong for the girl to bring food. I think it is very nice of her. If I was your mother, I would find ways to return this nice gesture but your mother thinks differntly about it and you people have to respect it.

Did you ask your mother why she thinks it is wrong?
. My mum doesn't tink its wrong,she just said since she's still a student,she shouldn't b spending dat much.
Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2014
stan4b: . My mum doesn't tink its wrong,she just said since she's still a student,she shouldn't b spending dat much.

Your mother is very nice. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is It Ok? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
i dont understand
Home cooked food that she cooked and dished into 2 plates herself
or 2 portions of food that she picked up from a take away for her and her boyfriend on the way to their house?
Re: Is It Ok? by EfemenaXY: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
stan4b: Hello friends, pls I want to know ur take on this matter. My elder brother's gf has been bringing food to our house of resent. Today my mum told her it is not too ok for her to b bringing food to us. But,my brother tinks its wrong for my mum to av told her that,he said what if he were d one dat took food to her house,my mum told him dat one different. So,wot do u guys tink. Is my Mum right or wrong?

Your mum's home, your mum's rules.

Your brother can go visit her and eat at her place. Or, they can make it a fun affair where she cooks, places the food in a picnic basket / food hamper and they eat out under the trees, atop a hill, as they watch the traffic down below weave its way along the dusty road like a line of soldier ants.

What am I trying to say here is this: when one door closes, a window might be open nearby. This girl (though naive) wants to show love to this boy come what way, and for her, the best way to do it is through his stomach (afterall, isn't the way to a man's heart is through his belly?). She can still do this without offending his mother. Sort of like killing two birds with a stone.

Whether the relationship progresses into marriage (assuming that's her game), remains to be seen.
Re: Is It Ok? by baralatie(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
stan4b: . Yea,its somehoe,but we r hoping for d best. He's a gradyate,he ll soon get a job den start staying alone.
gbagaun! that is the reason mum kicked against it.it I'd not about love it is a debt!
Re: Is It Ok? by thorpido(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
lexajen:
What is this one saying now?

Do you think I'm a pushover or what. That I made really big typographical and grammatical errors in my last post doesn't mean I don't know what I am saying.
Mind You, I am not the lady in question. No, I am not. I wouldn't be that silly to comment on the thread if I were.
So shove your advice up your ass_ if you couldn't take time to get the message I was trying to pass across.
Sambarry or Sambarrel or whatever they call you. I can see you are a MrKnowItAll.

I only appealed to people to be more sensitive and kinder with words when they advise people on real life issues. This week, a post was created because of me, I saw a lot of varying opinions, demeaning words and more. Normally those words should not get to me, because the poster wasn't so straightforward with the story. But they did.
With the kind of personality you portray on this website, I'm sure you DO NOT have the faintest idea of what they call Empathy.
I really do feel empathy for you lady.
Real empathy cause i see you're troubled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Can Lie For A Living Please What Do I Do? / The Birth Song Of The Himba, Namibia. / Mother Has A Male Guest Living With Us Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.