Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up (809 Views)

MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students / 2 New Books Coming Out Dis Yr. Publishers,call Or Email Chayx4god@yahoo.co.uk / Two Hot Hot Hot Hot New Books Coming Out Dis Year. Live In Naija. We're Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up by Topsido(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2008
Expert from page 3---- TIMES OF THE SUPERMEN by Tope Apoola

In the hudge screen of this room we have seen the baby earth. The blue wonder as it rolled with pride in the endless space. A hope to the morose universe. If we were aliens from other planets we would have created many myths around it, even speak of it as a paradise. Indeed, it is one from afar, maybe a promise to those we may never meet. Many million years ago when our history as men were yet unstarted the quietness of the plains and the stillness of the waters gave this home the look of a virgin, rumbling though with vagueness as the mountains slided and the skies, with frightnening thunder. Now we stand on our feet, many people from different nations, in one voice and with uncommon sense of brotherhood, thinking how we could save it. Our hope for an extrterrestial life is gone, even fantasy books about another habitable planets sells no more. A few years earlier, the leader of the world have said in his famous speech "We are alone". He had, even to the staunchest relics applaud "It is time we took our our destiny as men into our own handsfor we have found no voice in the wilderness of space, even to the farthest ends of space". A new turn of humanism they called it. The peolple of the world we came to lived and died by this sad meditation; that no one watches over them!
Re: Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up by Topsido(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2009
No reviews yet?
Re: Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 04, 2009
get a job!
Re: Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up by SeanT21(f): 8:35pm On May 05, 2009
Keep up the good work!!
Re: Check Out Dis Piece And Tell Me What's Up by Topsido(m): 3:10pm On May 06, 2009
SeanT21:

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks sis

ziddy:

get a job!
Hav one already,

(1) (Reply)

Uwem Akpan wins Commonwealth Regional Prize For his short story anthology. / Isu Ude (Kicking Un-Knowledge) / Peter Carey Says People Are Getting Dumber Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.