Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation (3795 Views)

Browsing Problem / Your Browsing Problem? / Browsing Problem On Bb 7290 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by migghel(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2008
HELLO PEOPLE,
THIS COUNTRY HAS BEEN HAVING HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE INTERNET FOR SOMEDAYS NOW,
PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHATS WRONG WITH SAT3 PLEASE, WE NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO IN ORDER T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM,
LETS SAVE OUR PEOPLE FROM THIS DARKNESS,

FROM

Michael
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by zankey(m): 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
am worry about dis situation as well, is there a way out of this problem?
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2008
I'm confused: If the problem is with SAT-3, then how come so many people are browsing right now?
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by migghel(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2008
yes ofcourse so many people are browsing because --- some other ISP's has thier backup with V-SAT and all others, but SAT-3 is the best,
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by AussieBoy(m): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2008
Apparently there was a broken fiber cable. Normal services should resume soon.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Seun(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2008
Ok, I've just realized that my browsing speed has been slower than usual for a while
Thought it was just the usual Nigerian poor service, but now I know why.  Thanks for the info.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by spikedcylinder: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2008
Tshew. Thing has been down since last week. angry angry
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by seun001(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2008
i believe u guys are browsing faster now.SAT3 had a major fibre problem and most providers switched to their back-up,thats y browsing speed slowed in the first place.then SAT3 was shut down to repair the damage,thats why there was like a total beakdown in internet communications.

by now, i believe if u guys have not reached optimum browsing speed,u will get there asap. destruction of cable pathway underwater is by no means the fault of Nitel or should i say Transcorp.blame the ships on highseas dropping their anchors indiscriminately.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by ramonacee(f): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2008
watsoever the cause of the problem,hope it gets attended to on time.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Virginkid(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2008
The SAT-3 fibre cut happened along the Marina coast line and from info reaching me, its been sorted and thats why Internet browsing is back and faster now.
Its amazingly wonderful to know how much we'have grown - internet wise, but on the other hand we sooo depend on it for carrying out our daily activities that it impacted so much on businesses these fews day SAT-3 had issues.

One thing that worries me is, whether there are no laws governing at points - location, these ships should be allowed to anchor, thereby preventing invents as this. NCC / NITEL should take note.
Hope it doesnt happen again without a backup plan.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by emekauzor(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2008
hi it was bad the whole of yesterday I use IPNX and the thing went gaga
honestly it wasn't funny at all

wish something good will come out
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by ogbongzky(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2008
i couldnt even come online for most part of the day yesterday and just decided to enjoy most of the day with my girlfriends who have badly missed me, glad to be back here today,
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Sunny659(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2008
I have been browsing, use Cobranet which gets its bandwidth from Intelsat.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by goodbuay(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2008
Guyz SAT-3 fibre optic has been fixed and all internet speeds are back to status quo unless ure using something else!
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2008
guys SAT-3 fibre optic has been fixed and all internet speeds are back to status quo
I'm sorry, but that's not the case with my own connection. The speed is still awful. Very awful.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by moi2(f): 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2008
The SAT-3 problem has not been fixed.
I learnt it would take 3-4 weeks for it to be restored.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by aahmed112: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2008
well it might just take dat long because, last i heard they were getting a portuguese company to come n fix it as the cable is underwater,
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Godalone(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2008
Mine is still crawling like Snail.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by femzy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2008
nawa oooo .Download n upload na prob nw embarassed
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by spicy007(f): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2008
infact e, the thing don tire me o, especially for those of us whose businesses depend solely on the internet connectivity.

its slightly better today, but not all that.

i hope they find a lasting solution to whatever the problem is. for the sake of national peace ooo.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Scopium: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2008
[size=13pt]It's really annoying when you try to attach documents and it takes for ever to attach.[/size]
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by deor03(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2008
Abeg GLOBACOM should speed up their Optic fibre Cable.

This is a matter of national security. We should have redundant access
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by flyuche(m): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2008
my starcomms is down. the only site i seem to browse well now is nairaland, on google chrome.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by ishekinah1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2008
I think the problem is the link.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by freakyy(m): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2008
Now i know why my Smallvile,One tree Hill and Prison break download has been 'snailing'
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by strontium7(m): 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2008
the nig sat3 issue hasnt been fixed.i use visafone's evdo and i cant even browse the speed of 1x talk less of broadband. since u said its an optic fibre issue, it might take longer than we think.newayz, new info about this will be really appreciated!
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by samir101ng(m): 12:19am On Oct 23, 2008
As far as i am concerned, SAT3-WASC does not exist in Nigeria. Sure, some of these PTO's "might" be using it but it hasnt affected my internet usage. Majority of the isp's in this country use vsat technology by the way so i wonder how SAT3 breakdown affects them seriously in any way. 99.9% of the internet cafe's in this country also use vsat technology so for them its business as usual. I wonder why you guys are complaining. I use vsat for all my internet needs and the journey has been tumultous at best. If SAT3 was really working in Nigeria, we should be getting faster speeds dedicated connections and not the shitty bandwidht that people are paying an arm and a leg for as the status quo. They can roll up the entire fibre optic cables  from portugal to india and blast it to mars for all i care. I hate seeing a valuable piece of technology and a national asset being left to rot.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Kashif(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2008
I heard the problem is actually with the interface between Nigeria and UK, and not marine. The Nigerian end is in good shape. This means that the people working to fix it are the whites while NITEL (or is it Transcorp?) is being kept informed.

Expected time of restoration: by tomorrow.

Meanwhile, nairaland appears to be the fastest site to access, undecided
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Kashif(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2008
It appears SAT-3 has been fixed ahead of schedule? My connectivity is no longer timing out!
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by moi2(f): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
Yes it looks like it's been resolved.
My connection is faster.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2008
Same here.
Re: SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation by femzy(m): 12:29am On Oct 24, 2008
& HERE TOOO,

INSHORT ALL OF US grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotel In Need Of Hotel Management Suite/front Desk Hotel Software / Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) / Switching Between Proxy Configuration Made Easy Using Multiproxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.